Your favorite designer lipsticks?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
I have recently acquired some YSL and Hourglass lipsticks, and I find myself in love with their chic, weighty packaging. What other top tier brands of lipstick do you like? Guerlain? I am looking for the same type of heavier metal packaging.

I'm currently digging the new Lancome lipstick line "Rouge in Love". Excellent color and long lasting without over drying. They have limited amount of colors but they got their basics covered. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

I will have to loon into those. I forget about Lancome, even though I like the brand. Are the lipsticks in metal packages?

Im so in LOVE with YSL those are my fave right now I keep buying more and more. I need to stop cause they are so pricey, but im in love I cant stop. I also like the Dior ones as well I have 2 and they are nice!

I've been enjoying YSL lipsticks as well lately. My other absolutely favorite is Chanel coco rouge. It's sheer and moisturizing. I also recently bought some Dior lipsticks and like them as well. I forget about Lancome too. I need to check out Lancome.

I think the one thing that holds me back from Chanel lipstick is that a lot of them look quite sheer. At least in the swatches online they do.

I too love the Lancome Rouge in Love line--I have 3 so far and love them all.  The packaging IS metal, Leti, but not really heavy and weighty like I think you are looking for.  They are nice, and the tubes are really cute.  The label is pretty and it has little painted 'stitching' on the back and was just well-thought out, I think.  They are worth checking in to for the lipstick itself, but the packaging doesn't look like $45 lipstick, if that makes sense. 

Originally Posted by Rebbierae /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I too love the Lancome Rouge in Love line--I have 3 so far and love them all.  The packaging IS metal, Leti, but not really heavy and weighty like I think you are looking for.  They are nice, and the tubes are really cute.  The label is pretty and it has little painted 'stitching' on the back and was just well-thought out, I think.  They are worth checking in to for the lipstick itself, but the packaging doesn't look like $45 lipstick, if that makes sense. 
Makes perfect sense. I think you understood exactly what I am looking for. Maybe I should look into Tom Ford lipsticks then? It's just that I would have to drive all the way out to Seattle to see them in person.

I've seen Temptalia's reviews on Tom Ford and man I'd love to try him.  But it's so expensive!  But yeah I think you should definitely check it out--it sounds like that or the Guerlain (another brand I haven't tried but would love to) would be your top choices--the packaging on those looks "rich" too!  How far of a drive is it to Seattle?  If I lived out there I'd come pick you up!

I'd love to try him too, but I'll have to settle for the lipsticks. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am thinking of waiting for a time when I can earn GCs on purchases or something. Maybe I can order online with a cashback site to help offset the cost.

HAHAHA!  Ok, I WOULD like to try him as well--that wasn't what I meant but it sure works!

I recommend YSL.  I purchased a Guerlain lipstick a couple mos ago, and the packaging is definitely not like YSL.  It is more plasticky.  The formula is great, but I do not think it is what you are looking for.  I have two of the YSL glossy balms, and they are gorgeous.  I also have a couple lip stains, which are pretty.  The product container is very luxurious.

Definitely Chanel for me - I love the quality, the colour pay-off and how well they last, but then, I am a total sucker for Chanel make-up :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hellocat, do you recommend the YSL Glossy Balms? I was looking at those online a couple weeks ago and they look like just what I like, but I just couldn't justify spending the money.

I love the YSL Glossy Balms. They are really beautiful and glowy. They are sheer, but I like that for warmer weather. I have Mouthwatering Berry which I imagine would look good on anybody and is quite pigmented. I also have Dewy Papaya, which is actually my favorite but might not show up well if you have darker lips. They don't last an impressively long time, but they wear off in a way that doesn't leave weird lines since they are rather sheer.

I've seen Temptalia's reviews on Tom Ford and man I'd love to try him.  But it's so expensive!  But yeah I think you should definitely check it out--it sounds like that or the Guerlain (another brand I haven't tried but would love to) would be your top choices--the packaging on those looks "rich" too!  How far of a drive is it to Seattle?  If I lived out there I'd come pick you up!
I've read Temptalia's Tom Ford reviews too, and I have the same thoughts! The lip colors look gorgeous, but the price is pretty high.

I like Lancome's lipsticks, and I also like Clinique's.

I agree, Beth.  They do not last long, but they are still worth it. 

Rebb, they also have a delicious fragrance to them.  I have found them to be moisturizing enough for me.

I'm loooving my Tom Ford Nude Vanille lippie.. It lasts long, goes on smooth and is really pigmented. The packaging is gorgeous, I'm not a big fan of gold trimmed anything, but, TF pulls it off gorgeously! Its weighty and is so luxurious.. and it should be at about 52 bucks a pop lol

Originally Posted by BombDiggity /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm loooving my Tom Ford Nude Vanille lippie.. It lasts long, goes on smooth and is really pigmented. The packaging is gorgeous, I'm not a big fan of gold trimmed anything, but, TF pulls it off gorgeously! Its weighty and is so luxurious.. and it should be at about 52 bucks a pop lol
Oh, that shade does sound lovely! Glad to read that Tom Ford lipstick performs according to its price point! I may have to splurge on one...just one! Now to pick which one!

Latest posts

Back