Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
calexxia

Changes to the Rewards Program

Recommended Posts

 

 

Originally Posted by calexxia View Post

 

Details are here: http://www.ulta.com/rewards/rewards.html

 

How do you guys feel about this? I actually think I like it better, simply because you can choose HOW to use your points, better than the reward certificate method.

 

When I lived in Michigan, we had the reward certificate, but here in the DC area, they have this points system and were always very confused when I brought the rewards coupon in. so I think this is only new for some people. I feel like my points balance never changes though. I don't know if its because they keep using my old (club at ulta) account instead of the new ultamate rewards one, or because my purchases don't qualify or something stupid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, maybe. I wonder if maybe you were in a pilot area and it's just now going national, perhaps? Because my local stores have always done the reward certificate, but the website seems to indicate that the reward certs are going away entirely and it's just the points program from here on out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by calexxia View Post

 

Hmm, maybe. I wonder if maybe you were in a pilot area and it's just now going national, perhaps? Because my local stores have always done the reward certificate, but the website seems to indicate that the reward certs are going away entirely and it's just the points program from here on out.

 

Possibly, I am also in the pilot area for burger king delivery lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just looked on ulta.com because I was curious what the new point systems rewards were going to be. http://www.ulta.com/rewards/rewards.html

 

Here is an example comparison. On the new system, if you spend $100, you get $3.00 of your next purchase. On the old system, if you spend $100, you can choose from the following rewards:

 

• Any ULTA Cream Eye Shadow
Eye Shadow Single or Eye Pencil
• Any Olay Daily Facial Cloth up to $7.50
• ULTA Tinted Lip Balm in Shimmer, Sweet, Bloom, Berry, Raisin, Fresh, Melon, Glow, Toast or Cupid
• Kenra Volume Spray 1.5 oz. NEW!
• Any Piggy Nail Polish .45 oz. NEW!
• Alterna Caviar Working Hair Spray
Travel Size 1.5 oz. NEW!
• Any L'Oréal Colour Riche Le Gloss
Lip Gloss NEW!
• Any Revlon Color Stay Eye
Shadow Quad NEW!
• Anthony for Men Lip Balm SPF 25 NEW!
• Nicole by OPI Texture Nail Polish Overcoat NEW!

 

 

I'd say most of the items above are worth more than $3.00... The new system doesn't seem as great. Maybe I'm missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not at all happy with the Ultamate rewards system and wish they'd never it from the certificates. I always used my certificates to get $45 off of a frangrance every quarter, which is a 15% return on my $300 spent. Now, I'd have to spend nearly 1k to get $50 off, which is a 5% return. Sure, I can use it on anything in the store, but after spending 1k there, what would be left to buy?? Not to mention, the points expire in a year. So lame. The only part that sounds enticing is the free facial, but I'd have to spend $750, which is 10 facials. lol...wth Ulta! I suppose the platinum (aka VIB) perks would take away the point expiration, but it's not much of a consolation.

 

There's pretty much no incentive to spend money there anymore, and I'll stick to purchasing my product strictly at Sephora and department stores.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This rewards system is crappy. But then again, isnt Sephora's crappy too? So they dont have a reason to make it a better deal. Sucks because I make purchases at least twice a month at Ulta. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to agree both systems are crappy but if you really think about it so is Birchbox's points system because it's 1 point for every $1 spent, spend $50 get 50 points... and yet 100 pts = $10 off but you have to spend $100 to get those 100 points. It's nice when it comes to reviews because you earn 10 points for each item you review but when it comes to actually spending money the point system sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Originally Posted by yanelib27 View Post

This rewards system is crappy. But then again, isnt Sephora's crappy too? So they dont have a reason to make it a better deal. Sucks because I make purchases at least twice a month at Ulta. 

 


They kind of do, though. Sephora has a much broader selection of brands and a level of prestige that Ulta can't match. So to have a rewards programs as crappy as Sephora's does not automatically equate them. As someone who rarely buys drugstore products (really, this is the main thing Ulta has going for it), the only reason I continued to make purchases there was the great rewards program. Without that, I'll just do all my shopping at Sephora.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Originally Posted by lolaB View Post

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanelib27 View Post

This rewards system is crappy. But then again, isnt Sephora's crappy too? So they dont have a reason to make it a better deal. Sucks because I make purchases at least twice a month at Ulta. 

 


They kind of do, though. Sephora has a much broader selection of brands and a level of prestige that Ulta can't match. So to have a rewards programs as crappy as Sephora's does not automatically equate them. As someone who rarely buys drugstore products (really, this is the main thing Ulta has going for it), the only reason I continued to make purchases there was the great rewards program. Without that, I'll just do all my shopping at Sephora.

 

I like them for their GWP :) Just yesterday I bought a UD eye liner duo and got 2 free deluxe sized samples.. and am thinking about buying some eyeshadow primer to get the free samples again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

k, thats what I thought, just making sure I wasnt missing something!

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

Nope. Ulta has Sephora beat when it comes to GWP.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a fan of Ulta rewards but I subbed Birchbox for a year and got a Clarsonic Mia for 40 bucks. I earned extra points for referring my sis and a friend.  Every month I went and did the reviews, which earned me 50-60 points.  After 8 months, I ordered the Clarsonic :)  I miss my birchbox now my sub was up last January :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


  • Posts

    • My name is Amy. I am in my mid 40's (I hate typing that, btw) and I used to be embarrased to talk about my skin problems! I worshipped the sun as a teenager and was blessed with cystic acne. In my 20's, I never took my makeup off, nor did I much in my 30's. Because of my bad habits, my skin suffered , and it clearly showed! I have tried soooo many different creams, lotions, serums, devices and masks! I was about to give up! However, in December,  I started using a regimen that has improved the appearance of my skin beyond my beliefs!  My acne scars have become less noticeable. The texture of the skin on my face and neck has completely changed (for the better!). I will NEVER have flawless skin, but I am truly happy where my skin is today! If you can relate to this story, or if you feel like your skin is doomed, you are wrong. I am proof of that! :) I would love to talk to you about any problems or concerns that you migh have!  Us women have to fight to age together gracefully!! Have a great evening! AmyP
    • Your skin is your responsibility to take care of ,as your health and body .So you should follow certain routine to do so,But what are this routine that you should follow to get the perfect skin each day ?you can find out the routine that will offer you the best skin you ever had from here  : http://bit.ly/2Y91las  
    • Hi guys, if you are not practising facial massage, you are missing a trick! Facial massage was fundamental in transforming my acne-scarred complexion, and healing the rosacea that blighted my twenties. I swear by it, and I'm always trying to educate people on the benefits of doing a simple routine in the morning or evening which will literally enhance your complexion overnight. No fads here: first records of massage therapy date back to 3rd century B.C. China, however, in modern times we have dismissed these ancient practises because they are not a quick-fix solution. On the contrary, dedicated facial massage provides long-term results if you incorporate it into your daily routine.  Over the last two years I have developed FACE SCULPT, an easy-to-follow series of facial massage exercises to lift, tone and sculpt the visage without the need for chemicals or devices. I have created 13 tutorial videos with catchy names and fun techniques to appeal to all, and be easy to remember. You can join my free FACE SCULPT group to learn my techniques www.facebook.com/groups/facesculpt and read my 10 years of research. 
    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbd8f_ttti0   http://linzivip.ru/index.php?route=common/home

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook

×