How do you as a blogger keep your readers interested?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am just curious as to how do you ladies keep your readers wanting more of your blog. I have been experiencing less and less feedback from readers and it's a real turn off for writing. So what do you do to make the readers give you feedback, and how do you keep them interested enough in your blog to make them come back to it? 

Hugs ^.^

Post what you're passionate about and others will take notice, if they're interested. In terms of feedback, what kind of feedback are you looking for? Just comments in general? You can ask a question that readers might feel compelled to answer and maybe discuss amongst each other.

Ultimately, though, it's difficult to blog for people because you never know what they want. Blog for yourself and make sure you are having fun - that is what is most important. And if you're not having fun anymore, just take a break and come back when you feel like it. I've done that several times.

In terms of content I think it's obvious that you have to write what you're passionate about, otherwise it wouldn't work a bit. However I think that once you have commited to a blog and have gained some readers you cannot afford to just write for yourself, as it would render your readers useless. I believe you have to wake up their interest in some clever way and that is what I was asking about in my question. 

As for the feedback, I am super criticising of myself, but sometimes that's not enough. I'd like my readers to tell me if I've done something wrong with a makeup look, or if my reviews lack something, or can be improved. In other words I'm looking for constructive criticism. I don't really feel the need to get comments like "OMG That looks great! hugs! p.s. check my blog too" but more as a " that's a great look! I love how you made a twist on it, but I would've done it this way...blah blah". I am aware that most people are too lazy to type these days though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

I hope you understand what I meant :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm not sure. I find that the more I engage others, the more they engage me. Social Media really helps to build a relationship with them.

Latest posts

Back