Total Beauty Collection - New Sub program ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was checking a makeup blog and there was a post about a new Sample Subscription program focusing on beauty products. I've never head of it, but it's supposed to start / open on May 7th.

Here's the info / website. Any one hear of this before? Wonder how good it will be?

http://www.totalbeauty.com/collection

According to the site / blog, this is $15 per month for 4-5 samples. Some of the brands indicated inclued Murad, Blinc, Alterna, pixi, June Jacobs...

UPDATE - Not sure if this is a monthly sub program or if this is a collection that you can purchase. On their Facebook page, they post:

The Total Beauty Collection is on sale May 7!
For just $15:
-Receive 4-6 deluxe product samples
-No subscription required
-Shipping is free!

Supplies are limited, so don't miss out on your chance to score top-rated beauty samples at the best price! Purchase our first box on May 7, then stay tuned for even more great collections coming soon!

Want to make sure you don't miss out? Enter your email address NOW at http://www.TotalBeauty.com/Collection and you'll be the first to know when new collections go on sale.

For a chance to receive a FREE collection, RSVP 'yes' to the event and check back between now and May 7 for more info on how to win.

Have a question about the collection? Post it on the event wall, or ask @TotalBeauty on Twitter.

Looks and sounds like every other sub that is popping up these days. I don't think I'll be trying it. 

No subscription? I'll pass on this. Too many other companies who already have established themselves and have turned out to be fantastic.

. I've been to this site before for beauty reviews. I'd probably be willing and interested to try it for at least a month.

Hi everyone-

I'm Mary and I am the social community manager for TotalBeauty.com. So nice to meet you all via this thread!

I'm glad to see you're chatting about our soon-to-be launched Total Beauty Collection, and I wanted to give you some more information.

First, if you head on over to our Facebook page and RSVP to this event: http://www.facebook.com/events/224904384277733/ you'll have a chance to receive a collection for FREE!

The Total Beauty Collection is a new box sampling program that will be launching soon. Sign up to get updates here: http://www.totalbeauty.com/collection

Our first box will be on sale May 7. There is NO SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED for our program -- that's one of the best parts, it's up to you whether or not you want to purchase each collection as they become available. The cost per box is $15, and that includes FREE SHIPPING.

Each box will contain 4-6 premium samples from high-quality brands. Unlike other subscription services, we're only launching boxes when they're fulled the brim with great products from a variety of categories like hair care, skin care, cosmetics, nail care and more. So, each time you buy a box, you'll be getting awesome products that you're going to love trying!

I hope this answers all the questions you might have about Total Beauty Collection. If you want more info, please feel free to tweet me @TotalBeauty.

Ehh, no thanks. I'm with Souly, all subbed out! I might keep my eye on this one, though. I like the idea of beauty samples without a subscription. 

Does anyone see what products are in the box?  I can't really tell what they are selling...it is confusing to me!

Just found out what products are in the box...I'm not that impressed.

http://thebeautyalchemist.blogspot.com/2012/04/total-beauty-collection-beauty-box.html

Pevonia $ 15 GC
Alterna Bamboo Luminous Shine Mist
June Jacobs Green Tea & Cucumber Body Balm
Blinc Mascara

(I also found another blog that got sent a box, and these were the same products in that person's box as well)

No one has stated whether or not the $15 gift card is actually a gift card or a $15 off $50.

I will not be purchasing as I don't think this is worth $15 even with the gift card to pevonia (which is a skincare site).

Another thing that gets my feathers kind of ruffled is that when you go to purchase the box, they show a box with 6 nicely sized products in it which you are to assume you are getting since it's the focal point of the picture...while on the side they have 3 sad looking products and the gift card (which you cannot even tell what the products are) and those are suppose to be what's in the box.  Can you say m-i-s-l-e-a-d-i-n-g.  I do not support companies who mislead their customers.

I was considering purchasing and curious what products they will have, but I think I will pass this time. Wow, I just noticed the blog post, it's not worth $15 to me.

Originally Posted by Fluttershy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just found out what products are in the box...I'm not that impressed.

http://thebeautyalchemist.blogspot.com/2012/04/total-beauty-collection-beauty-box.html

Pevonia $ 15 GC

Alterna Bamboo Luminous Shine Mist

June Jacobs Green Tea & Cucumber Body Balm

Blinc Mascara

(I also found another blog that got sent a box, and these were the same products in that person's box as well)

No one has stated whether or not the $15 gift card is actually a gift card or a $15 off $50.

I will not be purchasing as I don't think this is worth $15 even with the gift card to pevonia (which is a skincare site).

Another thing that gets my feathers kind of ruffled is that when you go to purchase the box, they show a box with 6 nicely sized products in it which you are to assume you are getting since it's the focal point of the picture...while on the side they have 3 sad looking products and the gift card (which you cannot even tell what the products are) and those are suppose to be what's in the box.  Can you say m-i-s-l-e-a-d-i-n-g.  I do not support companies who mislead their customers.

Ummm yeah I was thinking about giving it a chance especially after reading what the social community manager for TotalBeauty.com had to say, but now ummm yes disappointing especially for the first box. It is not filled to the brim. In fact it is missing a product. It is only 3 products and not 4-5 or even close to the image they portray in the email of the box. The gift card is not a sample in any way and should not count as that, though it is a nice addition. It would have made sense to add at least a small sample of a pevonia product. One kuddos for actually being deluxe samples, but for $15 I expected to get sample like in the email image which is more like Sample Society has to offer, also for $15.

I considered this one too, but I'm glad I checked here before I actually purchased it!  Totally not worth $15 to me.  I do want to try that Blinc mascara since it's gotten rave reviews, but even that isn't worth the $ for this box for me.  I've tried Pevonia products and I hated them so that GC isn't even a perk to me.

Crap! That's what it is?! I hate shine sprays, I've tried (and strongly dislike) Blinc mascara, I can't stand cucumber-scented products, and the gift card's sure to be just another damn discount coupon. I ordered early because I thought they'd run out. God...I wonder if I can cancel.

EDIT: Actually, it doesn't even make a difference whether the $15 gift card is a "real" gift card or a "$15 off $50" code, since everything on the Pevonia site is crazy-expensive anyway. Even with $15 off, I won't buy anything there.

I just posted on the other Total Beauty Collection thread but I'll repeat.  I signed up because I really like their website for reviews, articles, etc. and I consider them to be a pretty established web presence.  I will be very VERY disappointed if the first box looks anything like the ones that were already sent out as inaugural boxes.  The thing that is really going to make me mad is if they don't send 4-6 premium samples as promised...sorry a gift card to a super expensive skin care company I've NEVER heard of just won't cut it for me.  That is exactly why I get these subs...to try out the stuff from these super expensive skin care companies BEFORE I shell out the money so I don't keep wasting money on products that just aren't right for me.  Total Beauty Collection will have totally missed the point if a discount towards a purchase counts as a sample.

I will post my first box and I can tell you right now I will make a decision about continuing based on that first box.  Sorry no second chances cause I've had a couple disappointing subs (GoGoGirlfriend anyone, I'm sure we all have our own lists of cruddy beauty box companies??).

I'm a "Top 100" "Trusted Reviewer" on Total Beauty, and I'm sent full-sized products to review a few times a year. This box is almost an insult to me, considering the source. They send me better, bigger products for no money all year long. Why did I pay for this?!

Back