TotalBeauty Collection

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone else get the email from them that they're starting up a "deluxe beauty sampling program"?

It seems similar to the Sample Society box. It's the same price, $15 a month, so I am personally not signing up because i already have way too many subs and spent too much this month on makeup. But I'm interested to see what the first box will contain.

Right now they're taking emails so they can email people when subs open up.

http://www.totalbeauty.com/collection?utm_source=dedicated_email_120423&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=collection_email_dedicated

Right now the brands they list are Murad, Pixi, Senna and probably about 5 others.

It looks alright, but the website seems a little cheesy to me!

Stalked this but when it's open now, lots of face creams. It seems like a good value but I want makeup, body creams not face cream. So I didn't buy it. Anyone else check it out?

I didnt buy this one. I also have the same dilemma, piled up with sub boxes filled with skin care. My skin is gonna cry for trying out different stuff. I hope they will have good boxes in the future. Il try subbing!

I'm definitely glad I skipped on this one!

It seems super close to Sample Society for me, but somehow not as good. I dunno.

I'm happy with my Birchbox sub the most so far.

I dislike that they used a gift card as one of their 4-6 deluxe samples, and I didn't see anyone mention that on their page. I wonder if all the folks who have received boxes so far got them for free... Or maybe other people are less picky and really don't mind. Skipping this one for now. Thanks to those who posted reviews above! You just saved me $15.

I think this box is seasonal. They have on their FAQ's

• Will I be charged monthly? No. You are only charged for the Collections you decide to purchase. The Total Beauty Collection program is not subscription based.

I am not going to be happy to purchase a coupon card/promo code/gift/card. I can get them somewhere else - FREE!

Well I bought it because I just cancelled a couple others and GlossyBox doesn't look like it is anywhere on the horizon so I thought "What the heck?!"  I will post when I get my first box.  From looking at the inagural boxes I am not really impressed, especially with the $15 Prevonia (is that the right name?) gift certificate.  I looked at their website and $15 will not buy much.  It really would be a shame if it isn't a decent box because I love the TotalBeauty.com website...good articles, reviews, etc.

Hi Ladies! 

I'm new to this forum, but not to the beauty subscription game.  I recently cancelled my Birchbox and MyGlam.  I was tired of the selection of my Birchbox samples and decided it was time to pick up a different subscription.  As for the MyGlam...meh.  I kept waiting for it to improve, but I think maybe I'm just not the demographic they are looking for. 

I decided to pick up several new programs.  One of them being the Total Beauty sub.  Did anyone get the most recent (May I guess) with the Pixi, etc.?  I don't want to give too much away in case someone doesn't appreciate spoilers.  I received mine in the mail today.  I was not very pleased with it.  I think for the $15 price tag, the samples should definitely be bigger.  These do not feel deluxe to me.  I'm anxious to see what others say.  

I do not believe I will be purchasing this ever again.  

I agree the box I received today was a huge disappointment. I think I used up the Pixi in one use! I'm Not spending money on this again!

Haven't heard of this one, but I'm glad to hear of it & see products.  I can save myself some $.  They should advertise it as 3-6 samples.  The coupon definitely does not qualify as a "deluxe sized sample".

Originally Posted by maclothier /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi Ladies! 

I'm new to this forum, but not to the beauty subscription game.  I recently cancelled my Birchbox and MyGlam.  I was tired of the selection of my Birchbox samples and decided it was time to pick up a different subscription.  As for the MyGlam...meh.  I kept waiting for it to improve, but I think maybe I'm just not the demographic they are looking for. 

I decided to pick up several new programs.  One of them being the Total Beauty sub.  Did anyone get the most recent (May I guess) with the Pixi, etc.?  I don't want to give too much away in case someone doesn't appreciate spoilers.  I received mine in the mail today.  I was not very pleased with it.  I think for the $15 price tag, the samples should definitely be bigger.  These do not feel deluxe to me.  I'm anxious to see what others say.  

I do not believe I will be purchasing this ever again.  
Yeah, I'm not doing this either--not worth the $15. That Pixi sample is about as long as the first two knuckles of my pinky finger and doesn't look like it has much in it; the rest of the samples were very small. The lip gloss was nice but together with the rest of the products I don't think it justifies the cost. About all I can say that's decent is that Total Beauty delivered as promised, and put 5 samples in instead of three and a coupon. But still, too much money to justify. For $15 I can stay with Sample Society, get bigger and better, and use the discount.

I was extremely upset at spending $15 on this, Unfortunately I did not check MUT before I purchased so I was stuck with a stupid gift card and 3 items that are not so special.

Originally Posted by Jenna1006 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was extremely upset at spending $15 on this, Unfortunately I did not check MUT before I purchased so I was stuck with a stupid gift card and 3 items that are not so special.
April's, right? The May one was not much better, except that this time they actually put 5 samples in there. Five single-use samples, with the exception of the lip gloss. What a gyp.

Latest posts

Back