Shyness!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need some advice on an issue. Maybe some of you MUT girls will be able to help!! Whenever I'm meeting people I don't know for the first time almost always the comment arises from someone, "oh you're so shy!", or "are you shy?" The fact is that when I'm around people I don't know for the first time I'm not going to be loud or outgoing and I tend to stay guarded but not in an obnoxious way. I still make eye contact and smile, so I don't understand why people are constantly bringing up my shyness. I want to change whatever people are percieving me to do that would make them think I'm shy. Cause I'm not an extremely shy person, I'm very much loud and outgoing around my friends and family.Any tips on how to act in a group of people I don't know and not come across as shy? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am the SAME way around new people... I tend to be a little more reserved and shy too. After a while, I honestly decided not to care! People will think whatever they want of you, and whether you are shy or are outgoing, they will form their own impressions. After I decided to just be myself (but a LITTLE more polite), I realzed a lot more around people.

Just understand that for whatever reason, some people will not like you, or be jealous. There's not a whole lot you can do about it. But just have fun and don't feel like you need to pretend to be something else, or guard what you say for fear of people thinking you are silly etc.

It's nice to be able to relate to someone!! Thanks for the great advice MacGoddess!!!!

just be yourself, but dont give too much of yourself away. its normal to be cautious with new people until you get to know them better.

I have people tell me the same things. Growing up, I actually had a nickname, "Miss Quiet." I have gotten more outgoing, but am still reserved, but I talk to people like any other would once I get to know them. Recently someone said, "you are the quietest girl I have ever met." I dont tell people, "wow you are so loud or wow you sure talk a lot" so why do they say that stuff, I dont know. They really must not get out much if they think I am the quietest girl they have ever met, lol.

I totally agree..I don't tell people "wow you are so loud!!", so why do people say, "wow you are quiet" ...it can be very frustrating at times!!

exactly, i'm a shy girl too,but when i was younger i was a lot worse & people thought i was stuck up b/c of it. but as i'v gotten older and learned through life, i'm more open to people as in talking more, but i've learned not to trust anyone who i just met. (or not completly).

Back