Your favorite work-appropriate, trendy hair styles?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As a college senior, I've started thinking about my professional career and the future it brings. While this includes thinking about what sort of jobs I want and where, I've also been thinking about a career wardrobe and look. I want to go into Public Relations, which will require a more professional, office-type outfit - but it doesn't mean I can't be trendy!

What are some of your favorite work-appropiate hair styles that are still trendy and fun? I'd love to hear or see what you do, or even just pictures of looks on others you love!

This hairstyle is from Glamour.com, and I love the look! The braid is professional and out of her face, but the headband still makes it fun and vibrant. (Plus, the poof is a nice touch without being too much!)

But of course, I'm not really a professional yet - what do you think? =)

I work at a non-profit and we have a business dress code. I just wear my hair down and curly most of the time, but I have naturally curly hair. Sometimes I french braid some of it, or give myself a head band braid, but nothing too time consuming. Most everyone here just wears normal hair styles...everyone has natural colors, but other than that, I think most styles can be "professional". 

I also think that braids look great in the workplace - so do buns, twists, and other up-dos. I like the modern bob haircuts as well.

I agree that most styles are going to be work-appropriate. It's the color you've got to watch out for! Personally, I love a good, easy braid. It's something that makes it look like you put more effort into your hair than you actually did. 

I suppose it'd depend on what company you are planning to do PR for.  If you want to work for a more fashion-forward, trendy company then you have a bit more room to be   trendy than a company full of old people... 

I work where its pretty casual.  My hair is a short blunt cut.  There's really no effort in the upkeep, it looks professional when my clothes are and casual when I'm in jeans and t-shirts.  

Do your research for your target companies.  These days you have to be the complete package and fit in their corporate culture. 

Head Bands are a great way to add your personal style to a work outfit while still looking put together and professional. The Gap has great headbands at affordable Prices.

These are all great points. =)

Originally Posted by erikalisa55 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Head Bands are a great way to add your personal style to a work outfit while still looking put together and professional. The Gap has great headbands at affordable Prices.
That's a great tip! I think I'm going through a headband phase right now!

Latest posts

Back