Goodebox - May 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm super excited! This will be my first Goodebox and have been wanting to dive into more natural/eco friendly products for a while now. Good place to start.

I'm pretty excited...I thought last month's box was pretty reasonable..although I really didn't care for the hair care items (which made up a bulk of my box).  As some people mentioned, they were just too "home-made" for me and didn't do much for my hair.  I also am not really a fan of Weleda (expired or non expired products - lol).  I hope this box is the best yet...but I don't know if they'll be able to top Kara's Way -- that box was awesomesauce!

Let's hope this box is great! Im excited even though last month wasn't all that great.

My Goodebox is here! Super-duper-spoiler below!!

1. Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Milk & Make-up Remover (Vegan) (Value - $7.51)

2. Kahina 100% Organic Argan Oil (Vegan) (Value - ?)

3. Kahina Antioxidant Mask (Vegan) (Value - ?)

4. Tatcha Petal Fresh Original Aburatorigami (oil blotting sheets) - Full size included, 30 sheets (Vegan) (Value - $12)

5. Vapour Aura Multi-use Blush Stain in Impulse 209 (Value - ?)

6. Zosimos Botanicals Eleliner Pencil in African Violet - Full size included (Vegan) (Value - $15)

7 & 8. Extra Weleda Pomegranite Firming  Day and Night Cream

Bonus: Luxe Leaves Coconut Chai tea bag (Value, .46 cents)

Item 10 is a cute/funky make-up bag made from recycled Bear Naked Granola wrappers by TerraCycle. With this gift, Goodebox has launched a Beauty Recycling Program!

Save your Goodebox packaging and sample containers, when you have enough to fill a Goodebox (or larger packaging), fill out an online request form and mail the package using the shipping label they will provide. TerraCycle will process your shipment, advising Goodebox of how many units (.05 lbs) you have turned in, each .05 lbs earns 2 points. For every 40 pts (or 1 lb) of recycled packaging you return, you earn a BONUS sample in your next Goodebox! 

Items accepted by the recycling program: 

Waste Accepted: lipstick cases, mascara tubes, eye shadow cases, shampoo bottles, conditioner bottles, bronzer cases, foundation packaging, body wash containers, soap tubes, soap dispensers, lotion dispensers, shaving foam tubes (no cans), powder cases, lotion bottles, chap stick tubes, lotion tubes, face soap dispensers, face soap tubes, face lotion bottles, face lotion jars, eyeliner cases, eyeliner pencils, eyeshadow tubes, concealer tubes, concealer sticks, lip liner pencils, hand lotion tubes, hair gel tubes, hair paste jars.

Not accepted. hair spray bottles/cans,

I attempted to figure out the box value but the oil, mask, and blush don't have a sample amount indicated, I didn't count the recycled make-up bag as adding any cost to the box. The cleanser, tea bag, eye pencil, and blotting papers come to around $34.97. If anyone can find information on the blush, mask, and oil let me know!
I fall more in love with this company every month, I'm so impressed!!

I really respect the recycling program. Even though I'm NOT "earthy-crunchy", this is a company that could prove tempting soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Love the items inside the box. Very exciting. Items I think I would definitely try/use.

Whoo hoo! My first Goodebox just arrived! No Weleda, but wasn't expecting as I knew that was for the expiring samples from last month.

Can't wait to try these items out!

• Dr Hauschka Cleansing Milk
  • Kahina Antioxidant Mask
  • Kahina Argan oil 100% (love Argan oil)
  • Zosimos Botanicals Eyeliner in Teal (it's a little sheer, which I like since I don't wear teal too often)
  • Vapour Solar Translucent Bronzer in Spicy 223
  • Tatcha Japanese Beauty Papers (had my eye on these at Birchbox)
  • Zhena's Gypsy Tea in Acai Berry (at first I was like "I don't want Acai", but then I thought, I've never had Acai, so great opportunity to try something with it)
  • Bear Naked pouch (how clever!)

WooHoo! I just got done showing the other half all my Goodebox goodies and gushing over them, I love this box so much!!

Originally Posted by SeptEllis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Whoo hoo! My first Goodebox just arrived! No Weleda, but wasn't expecting as I knew that was for the expiring samples from last month.

Can't wait to try these items out!

• Kahina Argan oil 100% (love Argan oil)
  • Zosimos Botanicals Eyeliner in Teal (it's a little sheer, which I like since I don't wear teal too often)
  • Vapour Solar Translucent Bronzer in Spicy 223
  • Tatcha Japanese Beauty Papers (had my eye on these at Birchbox)
  • Zhena's Gypsy Tea in Acai Berry (at first I was like "I don't want Acai", but then I thought, I've never had Acai, so great opportunity to try something with it)
  • Bear Naked pouch (how clever!)

I was hoping to not like this sub as I have so many right now! But I loved it! Darn! I don't have any sub I can consciously cancel without regret.

I just got this months box and really like it.  So I guess I'll be keeping this sub.  I was on the fence after my first box though.  

I tried a couple things already, but I don't know if I can post about them yet - I don't want to spoil anyone's surprise and I have no idea how to post the spoiler thing.

Received mine today as well...same box as Scooby394 except my eye pencil was in the color "grape"...I LOVE purple eyeliners since I wear purple all the time so that was the perfect color for me (besides black of course..which I'd love to have one of these pencils in black..they seem so pigmented and go on really smoothly!)  I'm quite impressed with these items -- I absolutely love blotting papers too since my skin drips with oil in the summer.  I wish they would have sent a full size Vapour cosmetics blush or lipstick (GGB had a full sized Aura blush stick in my first bag), but that's really a dumb complaint to have.  Can't believe my Goodebox and Kara's Way box absolutely blew Green Grab Bag out of the water for this month...I'm seriously considering dropping Green Grab Bag because I think the quality of the bags has been reduced dramatically since I joined.

Scooby your spoiler link isnt working for me.

Im in looooove with this month's Goodebox!!!

• Kahina Argan Oil
  • Tatcha Petal Fresh Aburatorigami papers
  • Zosimo Eyeliner in cobalt (gorgeous deep/bright blue)
  • Zosimos Cream Shadow in Ivory Shimmer
  • Luxe Leaves in Acai Berry
  • TerraCycle Zip Bag
  • Weleda Pomengranate Firming Day and Night Creams
They blew me away!! Im so excited about the exchange program!! What a great idea! I loved the variety and so many new brands to try! 

It isn't? It works when I click it...weird! 

Hey, you got cream eyeshadow? That's cool! Great box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Scooby your spoiler link isnt working for me.

Im in looooove with this month's Goodebox!!!

• Kahina Argan Oil
  • Tatcha Petal Fresh Aburatorigami papers
  • Zosimo Eyeliner in cobalt (gorgeous deep/bright blue)
  • Zosimos Cream Shadow in Ivory Shimmer
  • Luxe Leaves in Acai Berry
  • TerraCycle Zip Bag
  • Weleda Pomengranate Firming Day and Night Creams
They blew me away!! Im so excited about the exchange program!! What a great idea! I loved the variety and so many new brands to try! 

I said I would be mad if I got tea in another box after I got some in my BB...I don't drink tea :/ But this one doesn't bother me because there is so much great stuff in there with it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And I'd just like to say....3 months of Goodebox and NO perfume samples! Loving it! 
wub.gif

it's working now I dont know why it wasn't working the first time around.

Yeah and the eyeshadow even comes with an applicator brush! sweet.

i'll have my review up later this week. I currently have a billion posts to catch up on!

Originally Posted by MakeupGalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was hoping to not like this sub as I have so many right now! But I loved it! Darn! I don't have any sub I can consciously cancel without regret.
I feel the same way :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I hope no more awesome boxes come out because I'm going to be out of money haha 

Originally Posted by Lotus Luxe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I feel the same way :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I hope no more awesome boxes come out because I'm going to be out of money haha 
I know right! I had to pass on Glossybox cause I already have Birchbox Men and Women, The Look Bag, Goodebox, and Sample Society lol!

I just received my first box today. I love everything in it and can wait to try it all out. I am thinking of getting rid of all my other subscriptions but this one. I like the variety of products they sent. I really loved the little pink ribbon too, it is so pretty. (I am such a girly girl.)

Latest posts

Back