CONTEST- BHCosmetics Time for a Change (CLOSED)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alyssaw

Time for a Change!
THIS CONTEST IS CLOSED
 ​
Congratulations to MissLindaJean! You are the winner!!
You will be receiving your prize soon.
 ​
Thank you to everyone who entered this contest.
The entries were amazing!
 ​
As graduation nears, many people may be leaving behind the familiar and relocating 
or starting new careers.
Graduation is definitely a time of CHANGE!
 ​
Tell us a time that you changed your look!  
Whether it was a new hair style, hair color, a new makeup trend, piercings, or more! 

Here's How to Enter:

1. Reply to this thread describing a time you have made a change to your look. (Mandatory to win)

2. Bonus: Like BHCosmetics on FacebookFollow BHCosmetics on TwitterSubscribe to BHCosmetics on YouTube, and/or +1 BHCosmetics' Google Plus page.

We have teamed up with BHCosmetics once again to offer one lucky winner the following prizes:

BH Party Girl Eyeshadow Palette                                                                32 Color Lip Gloss Palette

False Eyelashes in Sassy                                                                False Eyelashes in Natural

About BHCosmetics:

BHCosmetics makeup palettes offer the most brilliantly pigmented colors available on the market. BHCosmetics uses only the highest quality ingredients and they guarantee you will enjoy using their full line of products!

This contest has started and is open through June 5th! We are so excited to read your entries! Good luck!

Contest Rules

This whole year has been a year of change for myself. The changes may not be something as noticeable as a new hair color or piercings, but to me it was a change that I needed to make. After graduating from high school last June and getting through quite possibly the hardest year of my life, I set out to become a new, better me. I aimed to get out of the negative mindset I had been stuck in and start focusing on a healthier, more positive way of life. This started by making an effort to get healthy. Not so I could be "skinny" but so I could ensure that I would live a life with no restrictions because of my unhealthy eating habits. I started exercising and eating right and to date have lost a total of 60 pounds. However, for me, the change I've made has come from within and not just purely based on the numbers. One year ago, I was the shy, quiet girl that didn't venture out much, but now I have gained a new found self confidence. I have truly become a completely new person. I cut my long, waist length hair up to my shoulders, started having fun with fashion, and even explored makeup for the first time. I have quickly become a positive, beauty obsessed girl that is no longer afraid to explore new avenues of life. 

I'm not sure if this was exactly the change the contest was looking for, but if nothing else, I hope someone, somewhere will read this and that it will spark their drive for change in their lives. 

After my pregnancy I made a big change in my hair. My hair has always been long (to the middle of my back) and I had cut it shoulder length! It was a huge difference from the norm. I am only just now starting to see the length come back :]

I transformed my my look after I had my son. I really wanted to try something different so I had my hair that was down my back cut just above my ears. My son is 2 now and I never let my hair get long now. I am addicted to cutting it and doubt that I will let it grow out for a while.

My change was taking on the responsibility of raising my two younger brothers as a young 20 something year old woman. There went my care free days/nights and spur of the moment trips and sprees. I cut out trips to the high end salon/shopping sprees/beauty hauls to relocate them and raise them. I learned that I could do my own nails and not have to shell out $60+ for a basic hair trim. This forum and my beauty subs have really helped to bring my inner beauty junkie/diva back out, but in a more controlled way lol. So my transformation has changed me from a 22 year old girl(I feel like I was one still) with a disposable income and nothing but time on her hands to a 27 year old "mom" with two crazy and wonderful teenaged boys on what feels like a shoestring budget and hardly enough time to soak in a tub.

The time i decided to get a makeover was after i got a new Job :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just felt like to Pretend it’s makeover day on America's Next Top Model and got a completely new haircut or color.

Ive changed my whole look. Im not one for doing my makeup until recently. I just bought the 120 Palette 2nd edition. Ive gone crazy, doing my make up 3-4 times a day, just to play around with it, and to make myself feel beautiful again. Ive never felt this good about myself. Thank you so much BH Cosmetics. I took a chance on you and you fulfilled my dreams. Thank you.

I use to be very dark and no really open to talking to people, that was high school. Use to due my hair black and wear solid black eyeshadow and want to look like a scary person. Recently in the past year I've been watching YouTube videos of girls applying really cool bright fun make up and I saw them all using BH cosmetics 120 pallet and I decided to order one online! Now I always get complements on my make up because I put 100% into doin my make up everyday and I look forward to waking up and trying some cool new colour. With the 120 pallet I always get stumped because I just don't know where to start! I enjoy everything about make up and I wouldn't have seen myself wearing any of this 4 years ago! Major change for me! I believe people think I'm more frendly because I changed my look! It's amazon how much make up can say!

I have always been known for my long curly dark brown hair.  I had always kept it down to the middle of my back but about 10 years ago, I just wanted to do something crazy.  I was so tired of the constant maintenance and products I needed to use on my hair on a daily basis.  I used to wet my hair, then apply mousse, gel, and dry ends serum.  I would diffuse it and apply spritz and hairspray and then a shine spray.  I was so tired and bored with my hair.  At that time it was just to the middle of my back.  One day after I got out of my college class, I went to the nearby salon and I had it cut right below my chin.  I had them put highlights all throughout my hair and they straightened it with a relaxer.  It was a drastic change from what I left my house with that morning.  When I returned home, I was so scared to walk in and afraid of what my mom was going to say.  I think I stayed in the car for about 20 minutes before I worked up the nerve to finally get off and go inside.  When I walked in the house my mom just about screamed.  She could not believe what I had done.  She really liked the change, but I just caught her off guard.  I loved my new hairdo, it somehow made me feel like a different person.  I loved being able to wake up in the morning and blow dry it for only about 5 minutes and just walk out the door.  I was able to go without washing it for 2-3 days and I LOVED it.  Needless to say, I kept that hairdo for about the next 5 years.  Since then, I have grown to love my curly hair and I have let it all grow back out.  It was nice though to just do something crazy on a whim and be spontaneous. 

the biggest change was when i was 14 i wanted 2 be like my mom so i tried on makeup when she was at work. one day she came home early  and she caught me so she taught me how to use eyeliner but after that day she bought me more and more makeup i have a little collection but i really need or want more lol. i also just recently dyed my hair n let it grow now it reaches to a little past half way threw my back.

i also get my nails done now the length i have them are my real nails. so ive gone threw a lot of major changes for my beauty yet i can not get my face clear of blemishes ive tried so many products and i STILL am but if i get more eye shadows, lip products, i can take the attraction from my blemishes and put it to my brown eyes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. it has worked so far but i really need more of a variety of colors to get a little more of a sparkle with colors to match ALL of my outfits :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> thanks for the giveaway and thanks for taking my entry :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I made a drastic change with my appearance and personality when I had to switch schools during High school in the middle of the year! I was upset but it was for the best! I had hardly any friends in my school, some bulling and I was quiet and to myself. never wore makeup or dyed my hair or even cut it! I only had 2 friend :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

When I switched schools I promised myself to be more open and not to be afraid of who I am. I started the school off great Making friends right away! I took cosmetology in the new school which I ended up loving! I dyed my hair a bright red with platinum blond streaks. And cut it (B4 this I was never allowed to cut or dye my hair due to religious reasons which I never believed but my parents forced on me) My GOD doesn't care what you look like and to me cutting hair and dyeing it is the least of his worries with whats happening to the world today! 

That was the 1st time I ever dyed my hair or started putting on makeup, or cutting my hair so it was a major change in my life and my parents lol

I also got my ears pierced and I was 18 and afraid to tell my parents lol can you tell I rebelled a lot that year lol you can't hold back and try to control how someone truly is cause in the end the truth comes out ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I wish I had pictures! LOL I kinda want to dye my hair the way I used to have it! 

Quote: "No amount of makeup can mask an ugly heart!"

A famous quote that has been said by Kevyn Aucoin and which for the past few years has been affecting me very deeply, because I am a firm believer that in order to be truly beautiful, one must feel the beauty that is already within and let it all shine through! A beautiful heart, just as an ugly one, can never be concealed - it all shines through person's eyes - the windows of the soul, through every word and every action a person speaks and does, and I firmly believe that this beauty can be enhanced by positive mental attitude and of course such wonderful tools as make-up!

With the graduation of high-school my life changed, because my mental atmosphere changed - I grew as a person and as a soul. I became more familiar with myself, started listening to my thoughts more and realized that most of my thinking was quite negative and that most of the time I was bringing myself down - no amount of make up or other changes to my physical appearance didn't change the fact that I didn't like what I saw in the mirror. So I though that maybe if I change my attitude towards myself, I would love what I see in the mirror even when all the makeup was washed off. And I was absolutely right!

So now, I have grown my dark, luscious curls out and I am proud of having a beautiful, healthy hair; I am smiling, because I feel happy about myself and about my thoughts; my green eyes are always shining and I receive so many compliments saying how beautiful and how inspiring I am to some, that there is this air about me, that makes others happy to be around me. And my makeup - I keep it simple and classy - I have found what suits me the most and use it to my advantage, enhancing my natural beauty. Because everyone is beautiful in their own way, it's just a matter of finding what suits one the most and what brings out these unique features that Mother Nature has given us!

I hope that this is at least a little bit helpful and that everyone realizes that no amount of makeup can mask an ugly heart - it all comes from within.

Love yourself and appreciate yourself, be happy and smile - it's the most wonderful thing a person can do!

Thank you for the contest and I wish every one the best of luck!

Diana.

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would have to say my change came at the late age of 37. As a pre-teen I was always interested in makeup, but by the time I was allowed to wear it I wasn't that interest. The fear of not knowing how to apply the make-up deterred me from even trying. There were too many women that I saw making make-up fumbles and I didn't want to be in that grouping of "Make-up attempted, but FAILED!" group.  Almost a year ago I started watching a friend create make up tutorials on Facebook. I watched with no intent to try, it couldn't be that simple. As time passed on, the more intrigued I became with the tutorials and make up, especially the eye art. Needless to say,  my fears disappeared and I went ahead to make my first make up purchase to follow her tutorials. It just so happened to be BH Cosmetics 1st Edition. With that came a  change in my look, a desire to take care of myself  instead of letting myself go.Elated, my husband rushes home from work to seeing the look of the day. I, now have two additional palettes from BH Cosmetics the 4th Edition and the newest, 5th (It just arrived today, I'm super excited!).. I just want to say thanks to BH Cosmetics for making your product affordable for a Homeschooling mom of four, to change her look, even this late in the game!

I've been a California girl my whole life.  I did the usual thing girls my age did, I went to the mall with my friends, went to the movies with my best friend, and went on dates with guys I never called back.  I had a very usual look, I had long, red velvet hair and very strong makeup everyday.  Then one day my life completely changed.  I still remember that day...the day my life turned 180 degrees.  I came home from school and my mom sat me down next to her.  She then told me that the restaurant that my dad had owned for 13 year had been stolen from him.  The woman my dad had trusted as his partner kicked him out and told him that if he argued with her, she would call immigration of him and my mom.  You see, my parents are illegal immigrants from Mexico and they trusted a so called "family friend" to put the restaurant on her name, but he would make all the payments. But she ended up a total witch and kicked my parents out. So what my family did was to move back to Mexico.  That is when my life changed.  We moved into a small pueblo and here if you wear a lot of makeup you are considered the town hoe.  What was I going to do?! I always were makeup! If I didn't wear makeup I felt I looked hideous.  I was depressed for like a month. But then one day I woke up and said," Screw it!" I grabbed scissors and cut my hair chin length and died it black, and the only makeup I wear now is eyeliner...but my love for makeup still stands.  On special occasions I go all out with my makeup.  And to be honest, I don't feel ugly anymore 
rolleyes.gif

I've been a California girl my whole life.  I did the usual thing girls my age did, I went to the mall with my friends, went to the movies with my best friend, and went on dates with guys I never called back.  I had a very usual look, I had long, red velvet hair and very strong makeup everyday.  Then one day my life completely changed.  I still remember that day...the day my life turned 180 degrees.  I came home from school and my mom sat me down next to her.  She then told me that the restaurant that my dad had owned for 13 year had been stolen from him.  The woman my dad had trusted as his partner kicked him out and told him that if he argued with her, she would call immigration of him and my mom.  You see, my parents are illegal immigrants from Mexico and they trusted a so called "family friend" to put the restaurant on her name, but he would make all the payments. But she ended up a total witch and kicked my parents out. So what my family did was to move back to Mexico.  That is when my life changed.  We moved into a small pueblo and here if you wear a lot of makeup you are considered the town hoe.  What was I going to do?! I always were makeup! If I didn't wear makeup I felt I looked hideous.  I was depressed for like a month. But then one day I woke up and said," Screw it!" I grabbed scissors and cut my hair chin length and died it black, and the only makeup I wear now is eyeliner...but my love for makeup still stands.  On special occasions I go all out with my makeup.  And to be honest, I don't feel ugly anymore 
rolleyes.gif

I went to a high school with 4,000 students so I no one really knew who I was. You had to be popular and good looking to be known in my school. I was neither of those. I was just your average nerd in high school with a few friends who also weren't popular. I was more interested in education than looking pretty. I didnt have great skin either. I've been dealing with acne since the 6th grade and the scars are still there. In my first year of college, I decided to be different. I wanted a change. I didn't just want to be that plain old girl anymore. I used to watch makeup tutorials on youtube the summer before college started. That's when I suddenly became interested in eyeshadow. I purchased an 88 original matte palette and experimented with it. I loved it! Then during the second semester of my freshmen year of college, I started wearing foundation. It definitely covered up my scars but it wasn't exactly the right shade of color for me. When I look back, I laugh at how bad the color of that foundation looked on me. I now have a similar shade to my skin color and know how to apply it with different techniques. Foundation is probably my favorite makeup because it does a good job at concealing my scars. My scars have gotten worse and I feel like I have no confidence without my foundation on. My own sister makes fun of how bad my skin is! When I wear foundation, I feel like people can listen to what I have to say rather than looking at my skin. I am now going into my third year of college and I am so amazed at how much I learned about makeup. I have changed so much since my high school graduation. I don't wear makeup to look "beautiful and perfect." I am no where near perfect. I wear makeup because confidence is key. I love having a bit more confidence. I am not that quiet girl anymore. But I am still nerdy! I recently had a 3.9 gpa this past semester and I am an engineer major! Nothing is wrong with being smart. I hope this post will encourage other girls about having confidence in themselves! Thank you bhcosmetics for letting me express myself.

I've been brunet for like 5 years and about one month ago I went through a total transformation. From brunet I went to completely blond and it took me a bit to get used to it but now I'm used to it and very happy with my blond hair. Great hair makes a difference in your look and every girl got to find their match.

I've done alot of changes from makeup to hair color to trying to change my attitude towards people who are always trying to bring someone down, but my big change that i am thankful for and stuck with was my big weight loss.. back when i was 19 my stepfather passed and i was already over weight but wasnt as bad im 5'8 and then i was like 205 but after my father passed i ate non stop and cried non stop and i could see acne starting on my face, it was pretty bad and then the acne red face and dad passing made me more depressed which made me eat more>.< then my moms finacial problem started so we both went to school for CNA nurse aid both passed and got hired at the veterans nursing home, i knew i had gained weight but i guess i didnt realize how big i was not including my 5'8 height so i started working and the other cna girls knew each other i was the outcast and i can hear things they say and was always about my weight.. you have no idea i felt so ugly, even in arizona 100+ weather i still wore my jacket taking the bus home and to work, i felt like i had to hide myself.. always stood in the back, work scheaduled meetings i sat in the back away from ppl meetings had every staff in the building, i didnt want to be seen or noticed thats how bad i felt about being me back then and all thanks to what people say, it did hurt ... i couldnt take it anymore i bought a elliptical machine used it an an hour and a half every single day plus situps and what coulpe pushup i could do lol, took dietpills from hi-health called X-rated (i know pills arent always good for you but at the time i just wanted to lose the weight) and ate salad for lunch everyday and my reg dinners nightly just smaller portions.. after just a month ppl at work noticed a big difference i had a collar bone! lol i kept it up and got my weight to 160, 5 years later=) yes during those 5 years other girls at work would start rumors i was bulimic, even a nurse came and told me she over heard a couple girls from a different unit talking about how i lost weight to fast and im just throwing up thats all.. cause i did eat at lunch or have my sugarfree cocolates when i wanted candy
 but you know what, i dont care what people say anymore as long as me and my lil family are alright we're all healthy and i know i did it the right now because im still keeping up with my weight om not 160 anymore lol but im alright with what i am

so my first change weight loss
second change dont listen to ppl trying to get you down, if things they say dont matter than the person saying it dont care about you
third change got into makeup so my makeup changes everyday lol
fourth change having my two little girls and being a mom

actually i'd like to thank the girls i worked with, they made me want to lose weight because of their mean attitudes
yep thats all lol =)

One time I made a difference with my hair, it use to be damaged, I had split ends and etc. From that point on I knew I had to do something about that, i got everything possible to get my hair to its former glory. Then i started using a garlic hair treatment ( Weird right ) BUT it worked now it is almost to beautiful and perfect. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I once colored my hair magenta on accident. I ended up loving it! It was my senior year in high school and I had lots of plans to travel with friends that summer. I'm back to my natural hair color now, but every now and then I really have the urge to go back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back