Sign in to follow this  
Playedinloops

Julep Maven-May 2012 Boxes

May boxes are up! I'll post pictures later if someone else doesn't do it, but I don't know how to choose this month! I really want the yellow polish but I also want the pedi stuff. Might be adding an extra to my order. :)

Edit: I've opted to get it girl and add on the pedi prep. My box is free this month so 9.99 isn't bad. :) 

I am supposed to get American Beauty but there is a polish color called Ellie.  My daughter's name is Eleanor and I hate when someone tries to call her Ellie...lol.

I am actually thinking about getting Classic with a Twist as I have a ton of new polish from my mystery boxes and could use the pedi stuff more.

I'm not really a fan of my It Girl Box this month. I usually go Wow, I've got to have that!! This month... Not so much. I like the orange but I don't really care for the magnetic shade. I don't need any pedi stuff either so, I may just skip May. Lol.

Skipped on my second account. My other account I'm sticking to It Girl. Not a huge fan of everything this month but I like the colors enough to get it. However, I may or may not have just bought 18 Zoya polishes with their earth day exchange promo (half off) ;)

www.julep.com

New-Style-AB.jpg

American Beauty
  1. Ellie (NEW) - $14
  2. Kylie + Polish Magnet (NEW) - $18
  3. The Best Pedi Prep Ever + Julep Foot File (NEW) - $23

Total value: $55

New-Style-BG.jpg

Boho Glam

1. Sheryl (NEW) - $14
  2. Kylie + Polish Magnet (NEW) - $18

Total value: $55

New-Style-BS.jpg

Bombshell

1. Fina (NEW) - $14
  2. Sarah (NEW) - $14

Total value: $51

New-Style-CT.jpg

Classic With A Twist

1. Julep Silican Orange Foot Soak (NEW) $26
  2. The Best Pedi Prep Ever + Julep Foot File (NEW) $23

Total value: $49

New-Style-IG.jpg

It Girl

1. Ashley (NEW) $14
  2. Kylie + Polish Magnet (NEW) $18
  3. Nessa (NEW) $14

Total value $46

May_AddOn_FormBanner_Final.jpg

See Im in love with It Girl. I didn't even like my Julep polishes, but a nail polish with my name, the pedi stuff, and that lemon sorbet are calling my name.

$25 for Bombshell and lemon sorbet nail polish seems ridiculous.

Do you guys think Julep nail polish is good? Did I just have bad nail polishes in my first box (I had Charlotte, Jodie, and Melissa)

Also, how long do I have to decide if I want to switch boxes?

I think you have four days to decide. smile.gif

I'm a Bombshell and I'm liking it this month though I'm just dying to try a magnetic polish and LOVE the lemon color It Girl has. icon_eek.gifheart.gif Oh man, decisions! 

As for Julep's polishes, it's almost all I wear anymore and I really do like them. I have over twenty now and only a couple have been a bit on the too thick side. They last about a week for me on my nails, with no chips. As a pedicure polish the color I have on now has lasted almost a month and still looks fab.

Okay I went for it. I decided May is my graduation month. It's all about treating myself. So I got Bombshell and Nessa as an Add-on.

If you cancel your membership but still have an account do you have to resubscribe and get a welcome box? I wish there would have been an option to put your membership on hold like netflix!

I think you probably have to email them. But that's really weird that the form isn't there anymore!

I'm excited about this months boxes. I think the colors are really fun and bright which is something I really was hoping for!

My original style profiles are American Beauty and Boho Glam. I switched out my American Beauty for It girl, and then did the Add On feature to get the two colors from the Bombshell box because I really want those too! It's nice that they let us do that.

Now I have to figure out a way to get the Orange Footsoak! I guess I could add it on to my other box.

I just signed up last month so i have my american beauty intro box coming. I love the magnetic polish in this months box, but i really love sarah too. I think add ons are dangerous for my wallet :)

@HelloLeilani

Can I ask how you applied the polish to have so little chipping for a week.

I did a base coat, two coats of Julep polish, and a top coat and mine was chipping within a day. Should I have applied two top coats? I was so unimpressed with the polish/chipping that I canceled my sub today.

Originally Posted by page5 View Post

@HelloLeilani

Can I ask how you applied the polish to have so little chipping for a week.

I did a base coat, two coats of Julep polish, and a top coat and mine was chipping within a day. Should I have applied two top coats? I was so unimpressed with the polish/chipping that I canceled my sub today.

Oh, that sucks! I have really good luck with my Julep polish and I do generally the same thing as you. Lately, I've been using my Nailtiques before my base coat and my polish has been lasting extra long. smile.gif

I am getting the Bombshell and the Foot soak as an add on. Since this is my first month with them I am also getting a make up bag :)

Do you guys know when it charges your account. I have a free month but want to do some addons but i transferred from my savings too many times this month and don't want to risk over drafting - i usually only leave just enough in my checking for the week. hence the too many savings transfers- lol.

Is the foot soak add on 9.99?

Im not really feeling any of the magnetic things...so I may just get Classic with a Twist this time :)

Originally Posted by beautyfool View Post

Do you guys know when it charges your account. I have a free month but want to do some addons but i transferred from my savings too many times this month and don't want to risk over drafting - i usually only leave just enough in my checking for the week. hence the too many savings transfers- lol.

I'm 99% sure that it charges your account on the 27th.

page5- I would suggest trying different top coats to see which one gives you longer-lasting results. You may have to spend a little bit more money on it but it will give you more staying power for your mani. I had this problem with a lot of the cheaper top coats. I like Seche-Vite or Sally Hanson Insta-dry.

Originally Posted by aftereight View Post

If you cancel your membership but still have an account do you have to resubscribe and get a welcome box? I wish there would have been an option to put your membership on hold like netflix!

You can put it on hold! Just skip your box every month and you won't get charged. I suppose it's sort of a pain to remember to skip it, but then you can keep your sub and just get your box when you're ready.

free box this month! i'm sticking with my it girl. i'm normally not a shimmer person and was hoping for more cremes (i know, i shouldn't have skipped last month) but i also like the colors in the it girl box so i'm going to try them out. i think i'm going to add on Sarah as well because i've been obsessed with coral lately.

now if only they would update my billing info for me so i can do my add ons. i tried calling, no one answered, so i sent an email.

I changed mine from Classic with a twist box to Bombshell. Will they be emailing me a confirmation? It has not changed under My Account