Julep Maven-May 2012 Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
May boxes are up! I'll post pictures later if someone else doesn't do it, but I don't know how to choose this month! I really want the yellow polish but I also want the pedi stuff. Might be adding an extra to my order. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Edit: I've opted to get it girl and add on the pedi prep. My box is free this month so 9.99 isn't bad. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I am supposed to get American Beauty but there is a polish color called Ellie.  My daughter's name is Eleanor and I hate when someone tries to call her Ellie...lol.

I am actually thinking about getting Classic with a Twist as I have a ton of new polish from my mystery boxes and could use the pedi stuff more.

I'm not really a fan of my It Girl Box this month. I usually go Wow, I've got to have that!! This month... Not so much. I like the orange but I don't really care for the magnetic shade. I don't need any pedi stuff either so, I may just skip May. Lol.

Skipped on my second account. My other account I'm sticking to It Girl. Not a huge fan of everything this month but I like the colors enough to get it. However, I may or may not have just bought 18 Zoya polishes with their earth day exchange promo (half off) ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

www.julep.com

American Beauty
  1. Ellie (NEW) - $14
  2. Kylie + Polish Magnet (NEW) - $18
  3. The Best Pedi Prep Ever + Julep Foot File (NEW) - $23

Total value: $55

Boho Glam

1. Sheryl (NEW) - $14
  2. Kylie + Polish Magnet (NEW) - $18

Total value: $55

Bombshell

1. Fina (NEW) - $14
  2. Sarah (NEW) - $14

Total value: $51

Classic With A Twist

1. Julep Silican Orange Foot Soak (NEW) $26
  2. The Best Pedi Prep Ever + Julep Foot File (NEW) $23

Total value: $49

It Girl

1. Ashley (NEW) $14
  2. Kylie + Polish Magnet (NEW) $18
  3. Nessa (NEW) $14

Total value $46

See Im in love with It Girl. I didn't even like my Julep polishes, but a nail polish with my name, the pedi stuff, and that lemon sorbet are calling my name.

$25 for Bombshell and lemon sorbet nail polish seems ridiculous.

Do you guys think Julep nail polish is good? Did I just have bad nail polishes in my first box (I had Charlotte, Jodie, and Melissa)

Also, how long do I have to decide if I want to switch boxes?

I think you have four days to decide. 
smile.gif

I'm a Bombshell and I'm liking it this month though I'm just dying to try a magnetic polish and LOVE the lemon color It Girl has. 
icon_eek.gif
heart.gif
 Oh man, decisions! 

As for Julep's polishes, it's almost all I wear anymore and I really do like them. I have over twenty now and only a couple have been a bit on the too thick side. They last about a week for me on my nails, with no chips. As a pedicure polish the color I have on now has lasted almost a month and still looks fab.

Okay I went for it. I decided May is my graduation month. It's all about treating myself. So I got Bombshell and Nessa as an Add-on.

Where does one update billing info on Julep? Either I'm slow this morning (very possible) or I can't find it. 
blink.gif

If you cancel your membership but still have an account do you have to resubscribe and get a welcome box? I wish there would have been an option to put your membership on hold like netflix!

I think you probably have to email them. But that's really weird that the form isn't there anymore!

I'm excited about this months boxes. I think the colors are really fun and bright which is something I really was hoping for!

My original style profiles are American Beauty and Boho Glam. I switched out my American Beauty for It girl, and then did the Add On feature to get the two colors from the Bombshell box because I really want those too! It's nice that they let us do that.

Now I have to figure out a way to get the Orange Footsoak! I guess I could add it on to my other box.

I just signed up last month so i have my american beauty intro box coming. I love the magnetic polish in this months box, but i really love sarah too. I think add ons are dangerous for my wallet :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@HelloLeilani

Can I ask how you applied the polish to have so little chipping for a week.

I did a base coat, two coats of Julep polish, and a top coat and mine was chipping within a day. Should I have applied two top coats? I was so unimpressed with the polish/chipping that I canceled my sub today.

Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@HelloLeilani

Can I ask how you applied the polish to have so little chipping for a week.

I did a base coat, two coats of Julep polish, and a top coat and mine was chipping within a day. Should I have applied two top coats? I was so unimpressed with the polish/chipping that I canceled my sub today.
Oh, that sucks! I have really good luck with my Julep polish and I do generally the same thing as you. Lately, I've been using my Nailtiques before my base coat and my polish has been lasting extra long. 
smile.gif

I am getting the Bombshell and the Foot soak as an add on. Since this is my first month with them I am also getting a make up bag :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Do you guys know when it charges your account. I have a free month but want to do some addons but i transferred from my savings too many times this month and don't want to risk over drafting - i usually only leave just enough in my checking for the week. hence the too many savings transfers- lol.

Is the foot soak add on 9.99?

Im not really feeling any of the magnetic things...so I may just get Classic with a Twist this time :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back