StarBox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just found another company called Star Box:

http://www.starlooks.com/starbox

Subscribe to your monthly Starbox! Includes 3-4 FULL SIZE makeup/beauty products by Starlooks, delivered to your door for $15/month!

OR gift someone their Starbox each month without stepping into a post office. Sign up your lucky gift-ee and they will begin to receive their gorgeous Starbox filled with FULL SIZE, high-end STARLOOKS products. Follow the steps above to get started. 

** Please note: Your and/or your gift-ee will receive the first box the month AFTER you subscribe.
Looks to be all make up but just from their brand?

I looked around on youtube and they have a very strange video with girls with running lipgloss, very bizarre, dont think I want any of that...

I saw that on the front page of their website. I don't think its a bad thing, just a picture. I think MAC actually did that at one point too? I could be wrong though.

Originally Posted by Roni917 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I looked around on youtube and they have a very strange video with girls with running lipgloss, very bizarre, dont think I want any of that...

Watched video her critiquing was just off and $15 a month for full size size products on a brand you never heard of just because the Chemist work for MAC does not make me want to sign up...they better get some professional bloggers out there promoting this brand or it's a no go. ......

I was a little put off my her video. I feel like her intentions were to bash BB and to make this starbox look much better. She was pretty negative on BB, why even compare them?

I signed up to see what will be in it, I will post pics when I get it.

Originally Posted by Jazbot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Watched video her critiquing was just off and $15 a month for full size size products on a brand you never heard of just because the Chemist work for MAC does not make me want to sign up...they better get some professional bloggers out there promoting this brand or it's a no go. ......

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was a little put off my her video. I feel like her intentions were to bash BB and to make this starbox look much better. She was pretty negative on BB, why even compare them?

I signed up to see what will be in it, I will post pics when I get it.
Your a daring subscriber..lol

Yea she was all off...like the thoughts were all wrong...BB is $10..and BB has VARIETY...umm ur box had 3 lip glosses and YOU HAD to take them out the boxes to make it look like more plus that one is $15..I felt like joining youtube just to keep it real..lol

That vlogger was weird. The way she kept saying "the Birchbox" with a layer of contempt....she must be getting free stuff and $$!

the fact that she calls it the birchbox is kind of weird to me, lol. I'm weird about articles though,  especially after studying Russian/living in Russia. And she didn't mention bb points. Does she work for starbox? 

I thought maybe she was getting paid but that seems to be the basic assumption for EVERY YT video these days so I try to not blame that. She didn't have any facts wrong and she had something negative to say about every BB item. I have had crappy BB and I have had REALLY crappy BB but I always found at least one thing in them that I like.

The StarBox might be awesome but why add in BB and put them down just to make the SB look better.

Yeah, I agree...let the starbox shine on it's own, I don't think she works for them though. I am interested in subscribing...I just might take the leap, since tomorrow is pay day, and it seems like a legitimate enough company, even though it's not well known. I like that they are sending out their own products. 

The Starbox Preview video up on their YouTube is just weird 7 mins of girls with runny lip gloss making strange faces... How is that a preview?... lol

As for the other girl I don't feel she's informed enough on Birchbox to do the comparison.

Looking over the Starbox it seems interesting for sure because the products are full size however they are only products from their line so for how many months will they be able to keep sending out their product before they run out of product types? Does that make sense.

Makes perfect sense! Soon I will have every color running lip gloss from them if I stay subbed LOL

Originally Posted by Beauty-Flawed /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Starbox Preview video up on their YouTube is just weird 7 mins of girls with runny lip gloss making strange faces... How is that a preview?... lol

As for the other girl I don't feel she's informed enough on Birchbox to do the comparison.

Looking over the Starbox it seems interesting for sure because the products are full size however they are only products from their line so for how many months will they be able to keep sending out their product before they run out of product types? Does that make sense.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Makes perfect sense! Soon I will have every color running lip gloss from them if I stay subbed LOL
Lol Yes for sure! Can't wait to hear how you end up liking the quality of the products :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Its sooo funny how she insists on people do some RESEARCH before paying $15 on samples when she should have done some research herself. She rubbed me the wrong way! SMH.

Hmm. Well they put a hot half-naked girl on the side of the webpage so perhaps I'll think about signing up...
whistling.gif

Reminds me of Cosmetique: $25 a month for their own brands that turned out to be the same stuff in different colored plastic packages. The wear time was short, my complexion dull after a couple of weeks of use. My husband even broke out around hid mouth if he kissed me when I was wearing the Cosmetique brands. This sounds kind of shady to me.

Hey everyone! I am the youtuber who made the video posted above. I found this thread because it was linked under my video in the "as seen here" section. I wanted to apologize if I rubbed anyone the wrong way or offended anyone. I saw a few people ask or wonder why I'd compare it with the BB. I got the BB and the SB within a 2 day window this month, and was so disappointed in the BB and so happy with the SB that I thought it would be fitting to do a comparison video. It's not that I was so disappointed in the individual samples that BB sent, it was that they were just that, samples. Some people don't mind them, I for one, hate them. It comes out to $2 per sample, which I don't mind paying, but I would like to at least pick what samples I get sent. I think armybox does that (correct me if I'm wrong). I'd love to get the armybox but they are sold out right now, so I'm on the waiting list.

Also, no, I dont work for or with starlooks. I happened upon their company 2 months ago and decided to try out their box and was really happy with it. This month it was a lipgloss box, sometimes it's an eye box with shadows and liners, sometimes it's more of a variety. 

I was planning on getting the BB again next month, and hopefully the armybox, and maybe even one more, in order to do more of a true comparison video between the 3-4 boxes, would that be better than just comparing 2?

Thank you for all the feedback :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think armybox does that (correct me if I'm wrong). I'd love to get the armybox but they are sold out right now, so I'm on the waiting list.
Lauren--welcome to MUT!  I think you are referring to Beauty Army in the above quote-- you do get to pick your samples with their box.

I think what many of us are looking for isn't a comparison between boxes, because a lot of us have many sample subscriptions and ordering a new sub doesn't necessarily mean we have to get rid of an older one, but rather we are looking for more information on the products and services.  Since most of us have never heard of StarLooks makeup line, we want to know the quality of the products we will be receiving and how the service works.  A single makeup line ostensibly won't be able to send out unique boxes for an extended period of time, so I think we are wondering how it will work once they've exhausted their seemingly small product line. 

However, other than product quality, these probably aren't things you can answer or have a lot of experience with, since you've only had the box 2 months and don't work for the company!  So really, from you it would be nice if you just let us know what you think of the products received--were the lip glosses high quality/long-lasting; did the eyeshadow pigment fade over time; was shipping speedy, etc.

Originally Posted by LaurenClark /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey everyone! I am the youtuber who made the video posted above. I found this thread because it was linked under my video in the "as seen here" section. I wanted to apologize if I rubbed anyone the wrong way or offended anyone. I saw a few people ask or wonder why I'd compare it with the BB. I got the BB and the SB within a 2 day window this month, and was so disappointed in the BB and so happy with the SB that I thought it would be fitting to do a comparison video. It's not that I was so disappointed in the individual samples that BB sent, it was that they were just that, samples. Some people don't mind them, I for one, hate them. It comes out to $2 per sample, which I don't mind paying, but I would like to at least pick what samples I get sent. I think armybox does that (correct me if I'm wrong). I'd love to get the armybox but they are sold out right now, so I'm on the waiting list.

Also, no, I dont work for or with starlooks. I happened upon their company 2 months ago and decided to try out their box and was really happy with it. This month it was a lipgloss box, sometimes it's an eye box with shadows and liners, sometimes it's more of a variety. 

I was planning on getting the BB again next month, and hopefully the armybox, and maybe even one more, in order to do more of a true comparison video between the 3-4 boxes, would that be better than just comparing 2?

Thank you for all the feedback :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Pretty cool that you came over here. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Welcome! If you get a second and are interested, we have threads on pretty much every subscription. Was this your first starbox? The only thing I think you should mention is birchbox has a points rewards system. You get 10 points for each sample doing a quick review (less than 2 minutes each, I'd say) of your samples. Once you get 100 points, you get 10 dollars off a birchbox purchase. For me, this combined with coupon codes and regular free shipping is where the value in birchbox is. The samples are almost just a bonus. 

Latest posts

Back