Sign in to follow this  
Playedinloops

Beauty Army: June 2012

It's my pick day! And I didn't skip! There were 3 things I definitely wanted (eye coolers, mascara, dry shampoo) plus the mystery sample is fun. So here is what I'm getting: 

2618-0021-0001-200x200.jpg1721-0020-0008-200x200.jpg2630-0036-0001-200x200.jpg2476-0047-0001-200x200.jpg2503-0046-0005-200x200.jpg200

I actually am really excited about it! The eye candy retails for $12 so it's definitely worth it to me. 

Originally Posted by Angie Tacker View Post

I skipped. I did the quiz four or five times and got bubkiss.

If it hadn't been for the eye candy and the mystery sample, I probably would have too. But the mystery is killing me haha. 

Since I selected all perfume samples last month, I changed my profile around and this is what I got:

juneba.jpg

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes View Post

I've changed my profile 6 times and I get the same exact 9 items. No psst, no nyx, no eye kandy. Not happy.

I only put that I was interested in make up and eye area, and 19-24 as my age range, if that helps any? 

I only put that I was interested in make up and eye area, and 19-24 as my age range, if that helps any? 
That's what I've been putting :(

That's what I've been putting frown.gif

Weiiirrrrd. What hair type are you saying? I did curly...and maybe it has to do with the make up looks you pick early on? I have no idea! 

Weiiirrrrd. What hair type are you saying? I did curly...and maybe it has to do with the make up looks you pick early on? I have no idea! 
I tried them all but mainly curly or damaged. I've been playing with it since I first posted and probably changed it another 12 times and I get the eye kandy now but nothing different. I really don't get the inconsistency. I pay the same amount.

I tried them all but mainly curly or damaged. I've been playing with it since I first posted and probably changed it another 12 times and I get the eye kandy now but nothing different. I really don't get the inconsistency. I pay the same amount.

Have you received the pssst before? It is strange. I think I had curly as my hair type, so I really don't get it. 

Have you received the pssst before? It is strange. I think I had curly as my hair type, so I really don't get it. 
Nope never received it. I'm tempted to wait w few days and try again but I don't want to forget and get a box of crap lol

Nope never received it. I'm tempted to wait w few days and try again but I don't want to forget and get a box of crap lol

lol, yeah. It seems silly that a few hours ago I was able to get them just fine.

I sent them an email. I hate to be complainy but its been this way for a while, some people get awesome samples and then others get foil packets and perfume samples. Sounds like BB lol

Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post

lol, yeah. It seems silly that a few hours ago I was able to get them just fine.

I sent them an email. I hate to be complainy but its been this way for a while, some people get awesome samples and then others get foil packets and perfume samples. Sounds like BB lol

lol, it just doesn't make sense! If it's the same computer program it should be spitting out the same samples, right? Unless it's some kind of crazy changing algorithm. 

I just retook the quiz and the items are still crappy - men's products, perfume samples, the mystery sample. Sorry but I rather not risk getting a perfume sample or tiny sample for $12. I'm not looking for full size items but I'm also not willing to pay $12 for perfume samples or tiny samples I either already have or can get at my local Sephora. Looks like month three of not getting a Beauty Army box for myself. Shame because they started off so well!

I stuck around for another month.  I chose:

NYX mascara(the one in the wider tube)

Eye candy(what I really wanted)

Korres Shower Gel(Shower Gel in packets I'm usually fine with-I can tell if it'll break me out or itch pretty quickly)

Indie Lee facial Cleanser

Some kind of stretch mark cream (basically the whatever I had to pick a sixth item)

...and a mystery item.  Kind of a fun idea.

I haven't gotten a Beauty Army box in a couple of months because I just haven't been impressed with the selection.  I looked again today, and I saw the "mystery sample".  Does anybody else think that this is a way to get rid of the samples that nobody wants?  I think I'll pass, yet again.

I feel like they're punishing me for skipping last month. How are you guys getting good samples!?

I skipped last month too, lol, so I don't think it's that.

I think the mystery sample looks like fun! You may be right that it is just a way for them to get rid of leftovers, but part of the charm of most beauty boxes is the surprise aspect so I would be willing to try it at least once. I only just joined so I have only chosen samples the one time but from what I gathered while playing around, the thing that changed samples for me wasn't changing my profile response, it was changing my categories. So everytime I filled out my profile I chose the same answers: fair skin, natural makeup, fine hair, etc - but when you get to the last (or is it next to last, before you pick age range?) page, my selctions there determined what samples showed up. I am afraid I don't remember exactly, but choosing Eye Care made the eye candy pop up, Body gave me the Korres body butter, etc. So I was able to get 4 things I really wanted and probably could have optimized it even more if I hadn't been in a rush to get it done (since it was my first box, I had to sign up within 48 hours and I happened to be very busy those 2 days). Basically, I kept all the variables the same except for that one page with the black boxes, and then i made a list of the results I got for each choice on that page. Then I chose the boxes that had given me the things I wanted most and at that point I played around a little with age and makeup preference, etc to see if I could nudge the results in a particular direction. It took some time and record keeping but it was kind of like a game so I didn't mind. I ended up with the eye candy, Korres body butter, Grand Central mask, India Lee scrub, cellceuticals neoscrub and clickR.

I hope that BeautyArmy has been paying attention enough to know not to use perfume as the mystery sample at least!  I hope they put a brand new item in that none of you gals has seen yet so it truly is another item, different from their current selections.

Originally Posted by Annelle View Post

I hope that BeautyArmy has been paying attention enough to know not to use perfume as the mystery sample at least!  I hope they put a brand new item in that none of you gals has seen yet so it truly is another item, different from their current selections.

That is what I was hoping they had up their sleeve, but I'm not going to depend on it! 

This is what they had to say regarding the mystery sample on their facebook:

""The sample is a total Mystery - even we don't know what the Shipping Team is going to place inside your Kit!"

So we will see. I could not find a 6th item I really wanted, lots of packets and one time use which is a bummer, so I thought what do I have to lose. I kept getting the dude wash offered over and over even though I did not pick a man item so I have to admit I am dreading this may be the surprise item since it appears they are trying to get those out there.

My thought is I will try and if it feels like something they are trying to get rid of(Dude Wash) than I just will not pick it again.

I wanna know what one of their huge boxes is gonna look like with tiny sample packets in it. Kind of makes a waste of space.

They emailed me back about my box and told me to change my options, duh. I have done it at least 50 times now. I did get a youngblood primer sample to come up but after being force fed it through sindulge I am a little turned off.

Also looks like the "mystery" item image is of a Dior gloss, they shouldn't use an image like that since they don't carry Dior. Could be a different brand but it looks like Diors packaging.

I wanna know what one of their huge boxes is gonna look like with tiny sample packets in it. Kind of makes a waste of space.

They emailed me back about my box and told me to change my options, duh. I have done it at least 50 times now. I did get a youngblood primer sample to come up but after being force fed it through sindulge I am a little turned off.

Also looks like the "mystery" item image is of a Dior gloss, they shouldn't use an image like that since they don't carry Dior. Could be a different brand but it looks like Diors packaging.

It's definitely dior, you can even see the DIOR up the side.