June 2012 No-Buy Support Group

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Another month of attempting to not buy beauty products and cut down on stash sizes.

Here we go! How are you doing on your project pan or no-buy?

I did awful in May. I bought some MAC stuff (which, I was expecting to do so I had set money aside for it), but when my mom almost died, I was kind of a wreck--I ended up placing orders from Cherry Culture and Ulta. That in itself isn't so bad since I only bought drugstore brands, so I got a lot of bang for my buck. But still, I shouldn't have done it. 

Also, when I was being an emotional mess, I didn't actually notice that June had started! So today is kinda like the beginning of June for me, lol. Yay, happy June!

I was almost tempted with another Mac lipstick but I managed to stay strong. I just joined Little Black Bag and am staying away from the cosmetics as well. LOL

I think Ive done awesome! Haven't bought anything since April! Part of me being so successful was staying away from these boards for a bit! helps me not know what's out there to buy! 
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did awful in May. I bought some MAC stuff (which, I was expecting to do so I had set money aside for it), but when my mom almost died, I was kind of a wreck--I ended up placing orders from Cherry Culture and Ulta. That in itself isn't so bad since I only bought drugstore brands, so I got a lot of bang for my buck. But still, I shouldn't have done it. 

Also, when I was being an emotional mess, I didn't actually notice that June had started! So today is kinda like the beginning of June for me, lol. Yay, happy June!
: totally understandable...is your mom ok now? 

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was almost tempted with another Mac lipstick but I managed to stay strong. I just joined Little Black Bag and am staying away from the cosmetics as well. LOL
Yay, good job!! How do you like LBB? I know that it's a baaaad idea for me to even try it out. It seems so incredibly addcting!

Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think Ive done awesome! Haven't bought anything since April! Part of me being so successful was staying away from these boards for a bit! helps me not know what's out there to buy! 
biggrin.gif
Hi Isabel!! Glad to see you back on the boards! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Not buying anything since April is really awesome. How has post-surgery life been?

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

: totally understandable...is your mom ok now? 
She is! She got released from the hospital today. I'm just really, really glad my brother was there to take her to the hospital, because she totally tried to drive herself. :/

Yay, good job!! How do you like LBB? I know that it's a baaaad idea for me to even try it out. It seems so incredibly addcting!
It's been interesting so far, I am still on the fence. We shall see what happens when it comes time to cancel. Thankfully its all risk free for the first 5 days.

She is! She got released from the hospital today. I'm just really, really glad my brother was there to take her to the hospital, because she totally tried to drive herself. :/
lbb is addicting and I recommend never starting lol.

Glad your mom is ok!

I'm on day 10! I'm doing good. Only have 4 more days to make it to my goal.

I just can't get into LBB. I hope I don't offend anyone but the jewelry is hideous. I cringe whenever I see it.

I am totally biased though. I can make anything I want.

The bags & makeup are awesome!

Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking on the no-buy support groups for the last two months.  Let me just say you've all been inspiring me.  I was in both Nordstrom Rack and Bed, Bath & Beyond today, and didn't buy anything (except the one thing I went to BBB to buy in the first place)!  I also managed to avoid ordering anything from Stila last month.  Thanks for your support!

Day 8.

Sephora is out of pretty much everything I want right now, which is helpful.

I'm broke since the VA decided to not pay me for last month of school. They better fix it tomorrow.

I did pay off all of my credit cards/lines last month though, except my Care Credit and student loan since those are too huge to be paid by my measly budget all at once.

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm on day 10! I'm doing good. Only have 4 more days to make it to my goal.

I just can't get into LBB. I hope I don't offend anyone but the jewelry is hideous. I cringe whenever I see it.

I am totally biased though. I can make anything I want.

The bags & makeup are awesome!
I don't like the jewelry either! I've ended up with some earrings I don't mind, but I'm in it for the cargo and clutches, lol. 

The ZAD jewelry is especially ugly. I like the silver skull bracelet, and the skull hoop earrings though. The disney stuff is cute too, but other than that it's mostly fugtown.

EDIT: The Betsey stuff is cute too. So I suppose it's probably more likely a small amount of ugly jewelry.

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The ZAD jewelry is especially ugly. I like the silver skull bracelet, and the skull hoop earrings though. The disney stuff is cute too, but other than that it's mostly fugtown.

EDIT: The Betsey stuff is cute too. So I suppose it's probably more likely a small amount of ugly jewelry.
Yeah I've always loved betsey johnson, but I don't wear necklaces....I've never had a problem getting an lbb to not have any jewelry in it though.

I've never seen any stuff on there that I was just like, OMG! Need! Well, except for maybe the Cargo blushes. But since those are the only things I really want, I could just go to JCP and buy a blush that I wanted. Plus, LBB is so expensive!

I'm on day 1. I had meant to start on June 1, but I kinda lost track of the days lol. 

I've cleared out several items from my cabinets that I really do not like at all. My train case should be here tomorrow, so I'm really looking forward to getting everything all organized in there. 

The only thing that even interested me about LBB was the Betsey stuff (big shock, no?) but I can't wear necklaces (since I have one specific one that only gets removed when I have to go through TSA or an Xray) and I can't limit a bag to JUST Betsey stuff (even with trading, it's not likely to work out that way, anyhow).

Still, I'm happy for the gals who ARE digging it.

Yeah I've always loved betsey johnson, but I don't wear necklaces....I've never had a problem getting an lbb to not have any jewelry in it though.
Feel free to look through my likes! I'm on the hunt for jewelry and will happily take them off your hands if I have something you can trade/like. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm staying away from make up and get so many offers on it so maybe we can work together. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Feel free to look through my likes! I'm on the hunt for jewelry and will happily take them off your hands if I have something you can trade/like. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm staying away from make up and get so many offers on it so maybe we can work together. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I don't have a bag open currently!! Also I've banned myself from opening any more bags until like...december, hahah.

I don't have a bag open currently!! Also I've banned myself from opening any more bags until like...december, hahah.
Bahaha! I've banned myself from opening a bag...ever. 

Latest posts

Back