Curious, what products do you NOT buy or wear?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I never wear blush, I like it on youthful models, but not me.

I used to wear eyeliner and mascara on the lower lash line but not anymore, it just looks awful on me. As you age, your eyes look smaller, lining the eye all the way around, I think it makes my eyes look even smaller. I use mascara and eyeliner only on the top lid.

I am not big on foundation. I have a few "corrector" type products like Dr. Brandt pore minimizer and Perfekt skin perfection gel, Tarte Smooth Operator powder, but the only product I religiously use are SPF day moisturizer type products (loved the sephora sun safety kit! so many to try!) I'm lucky to have a nice complexion, foundation just makes it look unnatural, pasty and mask-ish.

I just never got into nail polish, which is good, I don't need to start spending money on nail colors!

I don't use/buy eyelash curlers. I've got natural curl to my lashes, and I've always been deathly afraid that I would rip all of my eyelashes out with it or something. I know, I know, I probably wouldn't...but it's still a weird fear I harbor.

Also, I don't wear much eyeliner anymore. I've never been super awesome at putting it on, and I prefer more natural looks, so I tend to forego it. I do own several eyeliners though...

I don't use eyelash curlers either. Nor do I use eyeliner. It's way too hard to apply with glasses! (I can't wear contacts and am legally blind w/o correction)

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bronzer and self-tanner. I cultivate paleness, darn it !
I'm ultra pale, and I only use bronzers as a very light and subtle blush or to softly contour. All over the face/body? Heck no. 

No bronzer for me either. I don't really do highlighting/contouring, either. I always try to do a highlight and end up hating it. I've resigned my round baby face to a life with no cheekbones, and I'm ok with that, lol. 

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't use/buy eyelash curlers. I've got natural curl to my lashes, and I've always been deathly afraid that I would rip all of my eyelashes out with it or something. I know, I know, I probably wouldn't...but it's still a weird fear I harbor.
I'm also afraid of eyelash curlers, I never use it ! 

Self tanners, tinted moisturizers (for my skin type I prefer BB creams or regular foundations), mascara primer, brown mascaras, and color correcting primers. Might be other things, but those sprung to mind.

I'm not a fan of lotion with any artificial ingredients. I only use pure shea butter imported from Africa or pure coconut oil from the Philippines that my auntie makes for me.

I don't buy or wear false lashes.  I tried a few times but the results are hideous with little glue globs on my lashes, uneven application and a resulting droopy eye effect.  Yikes!

I don't use or buy fake eye lashes and BB creams. Even though I'm so curious to try both out, I feel like if I tried, it would end up being a hot mess....lol

Orange ANYTHING! I'm really hating the recent trend toward the oranges and corals and melons. My skin is too light and cool-toned for anything more orange than pale peach. My one exception is Nars Orgasm, but that seems to be a wearable peach-pink hybrid. Besides, I am a lady of...generous proportions. Large women in orange tend to look like The Great Pumpkin.

I dont do blush/tint/strain, liquid eyeliners, lip gloss, bronzers, tanners, highlighters, color correctors, perfume, heavy facial creams, mascara, concealer, liquid makeup, nude palettes. I also now no longer do primers as I actually find that my makeup performs better and stays put longer without it.

No bronzers or self tanners for me either. I try so hard to stay pale, though I do have an unfortunate farmer's tan.

Lip liners seem so overkill to me, but I tend to wear pretty natural lip colors; nothing very dark or bright. I also almost never wear perfume. I like some, but when I own them, I just forget.

I've accrued a bunch of mascaras from sample subs/GWPs/spur-of-the-moment drugstore purchases, but I only wear it on special occasions--it takes too much time, and my lashes end up uncurling after a couple hours anyway. same with falsies.

I never wear liquid foundations or concealers, most just feel too heavy.

• Lip liner
  • silicone based primers
  • falsies
I don't typically wear bronzer, but sometimes I do contour.

Latest posts

Back