Anniversary codes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There are four types of anniversary codes that I'm aware of. These codes will NOT work unless activated by Birchbox on your account. As you near your three months, six months and nine months anniversaries you will get a promo code to use for 20% off a purchase of $25 or more. If you have neared (usually within a week of your anniversary date) or it's your anniversary date and you have NOT received a code yet check your email's spam filter, my own upgrade code was in my spam box. If you still don't see it in your inbox try using your email program's search feature (varies on what platform you use) and type in one of these promo codes to see if it can find the email. If that still fails contact Birchbox directly.

Three months anniversary code:

20% off your next full-size product order $25+
  Use code '3months20http://birchbox.us1.list-manage.com...9cd7388fed&id=0f469b971f&e=2a24513504http://birchbox.us1.list-manage.com...9cd7388fed&id=0f469b971f&e=2a24513504
' – available for 1 week only*

Six months anniversary code:

Use code '6months20' – available for 1 week only*

Nine months anniversary code:

Use code '9months20' – available for 1 week only*

Upgrade account from monthly to yearly for extra points.

Thank you for being such a loyal Birchbox customer. To get the most out of your monthly deliveries, why not upgrade to an annual subscription? You'll score one free box per year and 110 Birchbox Points just for signing up. And if you upgrade before May 31st, we’ll gift you 100 BONUS Birchbox Points*. To complete your upgrade, just enter code ‘upgrade100annual’ at checkout. Happy sampling!

To check for your anniversary date log into Birchbox, select Purchase History in the drop down menu at your name then scroll down. Your monthly subscription purchase will have the date of when you purchases your subscription and should say something like Order # 100####### Date 5/24/2011 Order Total $10 Order Status Processing View Order. My own anniversary date is on the 24th of each month with my yearly being on May 24.

I've been with birchbox since Dec 2010 and have never gotten an anniversary discount coupons at all.  I saw people discussing them here and emailed customer service.  I got the same silly response others have gotten...that promotional codes are not scheduled and just to watch my email for future codes.  I've yet to get something like that.  The only promos I get are the ones that say to purchase a certain dollar amount and get a free gift type.

I wonder if they give them to the customers that haven't purchased anything yet? I now that doesn't make too much sense but none of my friends had made purchases and we all got the 3-6-9 codes. I didn't buy anything until the 9th month because I was saving points!

I've received all of the codes over the year and my daughters got theirs - my eldest last one was the six month code. Only my eldest has bought anything (other than myself) while my other two never have.

I have gotten them on an account that I have made purchases from and another that I had not made any purchases from, so I believe they are sent out to both.In other words, I dont think that matters. 

The emails with the codes always show up in my spam folder. But other emails BB sends don't. It's weird.

Originally Posted by lindalou3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been with birchbox since Dec 2010 and have never gotten an anniversary discount coupons at all.  I saw people discussing them here and emailed customer service.  I got the same silly response others have gotten...that promotional codes are not scheduled and just to watch my email for future codes.  I've yet to get something like that.  The only promos I get are the ones that say to purchase a certain dollar amount and get a free gift type.
The response that zadidoll got from Paulina from customer service made it seem like everyone should get the codes since she (Paulina) said that she would look into it even though she had no idea about my account..except that I'm a subscriber. If it were random she could have said that it was normal since they randomly choose subscribers each month. After seeing the response that Zadidoll got from CS it makes me a little annoyed at the wishy washy response that I got that didn't really address my concerns. I think the appropriate response would be either double check your inbox or spam folder orrrr looks like there was a mistake here's your code or at the very least an expression of regret that a mistake occurred. The discounts at Birchbox are great but if the codes are being phased out then tell the customers that.

So weird. During my first year I did get the 3 month but any other months I didnt!

April was my 3rd month.  I upgraded to the yearly subscription in April as well.  I never received any codes or offers for anniversary or upgrade. Such a bummer too! 

Check your email because Paulina just sent you an email.

Originally Posted by ddave /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by lindalou3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The response that zadidoll got from Paulina from customer service made it seem like everyone should get the codes since she (Paulina) said that she would look into it even though she had no idea about my account..except that I'm a subscriber. If it were random she could have said that it was normal since they randomly choose subscribers each month. After seeing the response that Zadidoll got from CS it makes me a little annoyed at the wishy washy response that I got that didn't really address my concerns. I think the appropriate response would be either double check your inbox or spam folder orrrr looks like there was a mistake here's your code or at the very least an expression of regret that a mistake occurred. The discounts at Birchbox are great but if the codes are being phased out then tell the customers that.

I got a really nice email from Paulina from customer service and she told me that I would be getting a code in June so I guess I just miscounted the three months. I had gotten 3  boxes by May but yeah technically my third full month is in June. Thanks a lot for the help Zadidoll!

Hi Zadidoll,

did you mean paulina was sending an email to me or ddave?  If possible, I'd love to contact Paula directly about this question.  The last rep I emailed really didn't get my question at all.

Thanks!

Linda

Was just able to use the 6 month code 
patches.gif

Paid 45.00 for an order that should have been 119.00 
biggrin.gif

Item Sku Qty Subtotal MicrodermaMitt® Denizia Olive Oil Soap
OS 1 $14.00
Lulu Organics® Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder
HPLAV 1 $30.00
Kérastase Ciment Anti-Usure Conditioner
KERCIMUSURE-FZ 1 $39.00
Kérastase Bain Chroma Riche Shampoo
KERRICHSHAMP-FZ 1 $36.00
Subtotal $119.00
Shipping & Handling $0.00
Discount (6-Month Anniversary Discount - 20%, 6months20) -$23.80
500 reward points -$50.00
Grand Total
$45.20

Originally Posted by lindalou3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been with birchbox since Dec 2010 and have never gotten an anniversary discount coupons at all... The only promos I get are the ones that say to purchase a certain dollar amount and get a free gift type.

Me, too! Not sure what's up with that...

I hit my 1 year anniversary this month and just got my email to upgrade to the yearly subscription. I am considering it, 200 extra points is tempting! Does anyone know if they still do the special pink box for those who make it 1 year on the yearly sub? And will I continue getting 3/6/9 month anniversary codes?

Originally Posted by injectionenvy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hit my 1 year anniversary this month and just got my email to upgrade to the yearly subscription. I am considering it, 200 extra points is tempting! Does anyone know if they still do the special pink box for those who make it 1 year on the yearly sub? And will I continue getting 3/6/9 month anniversary codes?
Technically since you will be a yearly subscriber, you will no longer have 3, 6 or 9 month anniversaries.. does that make sense? Only monthly accounts have monthly anniversaries..

I have seen people who are yearly say they never received the codes, and why would they?

Anyway, I have also heard that after the 3, 6 and 9 month anniversaries no more codes are given out, so its not like you will miss anything. Unless of course, you cancel the account and start up a new one to get all the codes again on that one.. 

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Technically since you will be a yearly subscriber, you will no longer have 3, 6 or 9 month anniversaries.. does that make sense? Only monthly accounts have monthly anniversaries..

I have seen people who are yearly say they never received the codes, and why would they?

Anyway, I have also heard that after the 3, 6 and 9 month anniversaries no more codes are given out, so its not like you will miss anything. Unless of course, you cancel the account and start up a new one to get all the codes again on that one.. 

I have an annual account and I just received my 6 month code, and I received my 3 month code in March. Birchbox needs to get there stuff straight.

Latest posts

Back