Love with Food {June 2012}

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I got TWO boxes today! One was a box that contained a sea of melted Guylian chocolates (insert big sad face here) but the OTHER was my Love with Food box! Wow, that was fast!! This WILL contain spoilers, but since I'd love to start up a thread about this month's box, I'll conceal the pix. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Half the fun of receiving these subscription boxes is being surprised by their contents!! 

Yay!  I was hoping the quantity/quality wouldn't decline with the lower price, but it doesn't look like that's an issue!  Can't wait to get home and dig into mine!

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay, I'm jealous - this looks awesome. Why didn't I resub already? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
      Yeah, seriously!! My hubby's a little sad that the cookie contains peanuts, though. :'( He can't eat those! Right away he was like, "Buy me some of those cookies WITHOUT peanuts!" lol. Oh, boy. I've created a monster. hahha. 

I'm happy with this box! It's a great way to try out food I never would have bought. I might have ate a taffy before I took this picture...
whistling.gif
Yummm!

This looks like a good subscription! Is it decent every month?

I'll have to tell my mom about it. With all the subscriptions I've been doing, she's been wanting to try one but one that's not beauty products. I told her about Foodzy (sp?) but that one is kind of expensive.

Originally Posted by PlayinWitMakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This looks like a good subscription! Is it decent every month?
This is my first month of it, so I can't say for sure. I did see pictures of other months though, and they all looked just as good.
biggrin.gif

The website is kind of confusing, but it seems like they give out good offers on the full size version of the products if you want to buy them after trying. I just may have to buy more of these spicy almonds...yummmm!

Ooh!~ Looks like you got pink taffy! Taffy's really not my thing, but I gave it a whirl. Pretty good. 

Absolutely "yum"!! I wanted to claw those goods to pieces the instant I opened the box. lol. 

I was not going to keep this box, I really just wanted the free one. By accident I kept getting them. I love them. Since I skipped beauty army, and may continue to do so, I think I'm actually gonna stick with this one. I have to keep my boyfriend away from it lol

Everything looks so delicious. May have to try this. Thanks for the pics

I love this months box!  I've flip-flopped on this sub and I actually cancelled after last months box (there wasn't anything wrong with it; it just wasn't for me), but they sent me a $5 off coupon and I re-subbed.  I'm glad that I did.  This month's box was great!  I think I'll keep this sub for a while as May's box was the only one that I haven't cared for.

This was my first box & I'm so happy I subbed. I can't wait to try these goodies especially the cookie & almonds.

Has anyone else had issues with "Love with Food"? I don't normally complain, but I am extremely disappointed! I paid and ordered my June box weeks ago, and never received it.I also never received the refund I was promised that same week. I instead got an email saying this on June 13;

(I left out personal info in the email):

"Thank you for being a Love With Food member and helping to fight childhood hunger in the U.S. We are officially 5 months old and had an amazing growth. As such, we had to outsource our fulfillment process to a third party. Unfortunately, there were some blunders made along the way.

We sincerely apologize that you didn't receive your June box. You'll see a refund from us in your credit card statement in the next few days. We are very sorry that this happened and for the month of July, we'll be mailing you an additional box to compensate for the one missed in June. Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope you'll continue to support LoveWith Food.We've taken measures to ensure this mistake will never happen again.If you have any questions or concern, please feel free to contact me at"

I received this email several weeks ago, and still have yet to get a box or a refund. If they were promising to send me a July box, I understand that it's not July yet and that will take some time. However, what I don't understand  why I never received the refund I was promised within a matter of days when they sent me the email on June 13. That's a bit odd.  I understand that they're a new company, but that is no excuse. There have been companies I've tried that were even newer than 5 months, and they had their act together. So, I don't think they have a valid excuse; certainly not when my bank account is involved! 

One thing that I was unsure of about the email they sent me is the line, "we'll be mailing you an additional box to compensate for the one missed in June."- That makes it sound like they're sending me an additional box in addition to the one they owe me? (I don't know; the wording is not clear. Maybe, they mean they're going to send me a July box and the refund that I was promised. Either way, I still haven't received the refund.)I sent the company an email today asking about the situation. If I get a response, I will share it. I tried finding a telephone number to for the company to call about the situation, but couldn't find one on their website. I think that's a bit odd that a business wouldn't have a telephone number available for their customers. Based on what's happened to me so far, I will not be using this company in the future. I am very disappointed! I really wanted to try out this box because it sounded awesome, and I loved that it was supposed to help others; it's a great concept! Given what's happened to me though, I will not do business with them in the future. Out of the numerous subscription services that I have ordered, I have never had an issue like this before. I think it's unacceptable and unprofessional to charge people, and then not give them what they paid for. Other people seem to like this company (I tried it out in the first place based off of positive reviews I had read). I hope what happened to me does not become the norm with them, and that this was just a fluke that will be positively resolved.

I'm curious if any of you had a similar experience with this company? The email they sent to me seemed to indicate that multiple orders were affected, not just mine. 

Well, as soon as I posted my last message, I checked my email and had a response. I have to say, I am very pleased that they responded so quickly! (left out personal info). It does seem like they valued the feedback in the email I sent,  and are trying to remedy the situation; I greatly appreciate that!

"We are so sorry for disappointing you. There were many refunds we had to issue and it took longer than anticipated. Your refund was processed yesterday and you should see it on your credit card bill today or tomorrow.

As promised, we'll be send you 2 boxes next month to compensate for the one missed in June.

Please accept our sincere apologies and hope you'll continue to support Love With Food.

Many thanks,

Aww! I hate it when there are issues with any subscription service. It can be incredibly frustrating. Are you by chance a member of Glossybox? They're new to the US, so they've been experiencing swarms of problems with everything from billing to shipping issues. I know myglam encountered similar problems at the beginning of this year. Luckily, I wasn't affected, but it can all be terribly frustrating.

I haven't had any problems with Love w/ Food so far (knock on wood). When it comes to issues arrising, I always consider how efficient and courteous CS handles the situation. Looks like they've got their heads on straight at LwF, at least. lol... 

Glad they responded promptly. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by Kittables /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Aww! I hate it when there are issues with any subscription service. It can be incredibly frustrating. Are you by chance a member of Glossybox? They're new to the US, so they've been experiencing swarms of problems with everything from billing to shipping issues. I know myglam encountered similar problems at the beginning of this year. Luckily, I wasn't affected, but it can all be terribly frustrating.

I haven't had any problems with Love w/ Food so far (knock on wood). When it comes to issues arising, I always consider how efficient and courteous CS handles the situation. Looks like they've got their heads on straight at LwF, at least. lol... 

Glad they responded promptly. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
I am subscribed to GlossyBox; I LOVE it! I received my first one a few weeks ago, very promptly, no issues. Today actually, I got an email saying they had shipped out my new box! (The thing I like about GlossyBox, is they do give you info to track your package; I think it really helps! They are a bit pricey though.) / After watching You Tube reviews on "My Glam" and seeing what was in their bags, I decided not to order one.(I do sub to: Eco Emi, Birchbox, Kara's Way, GlossBox, BarkBox (for my dogs), and I've tried a few others. My absolute favorite so far has been the BeautyFix box; but that is quarterly, not monthly. (The only one I absolutely hated was Sample Society; terrible value for what you get! I was also not a fan of Fortune Cookie Soap's SoapBox.) 

Love with Food's customer service was very helpful today! You're right, it definitely says something about the company the way CS handles issues. I'm glad that she took the time to email me back very promptly and address my concerns head on. I really appreciated that! I just hope they follow through with the refund and boxes, so I can really try out the box and see if I enjoy it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just subscribed to this box using a code so that the first box will only be 5.00. I saw the June box and immediately knew I wanted to try it. It seems they give you at least 8 products for 12.00, which is a GREAT deal. Looking forward to my first box 
biggrin.gif

Back