• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bad swappers list

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Normally a moderator or admin, such as myself, wouldn't get involved in trades between people. We have a warning that when you trade or buy items you do so at your own risk. We are not liable for trades or purchases you make with other MUT members, never have been and never will be. HOWEVER, that said, I am posting this here for those of you who have been "swaplifted" to use to post the names of people with whom you have had a negative experience. You may post their user name here and what you sent them and when you sent it. For example,

Username: JaneDoe

Date first contacted: May 1, 2012

Date item(s) sent: May 3, 2012

Items sent: Urban Decay Big Fatty (full size), MAC Lady Gaga lipstick (full size), Wonderstruck perfume (vial sample size), Dermalogica Daily Facial Cleanser (sample size).

Total value: approximately $50

Items I traded for: Tarte Lipsurgence, Benefit Hervana blush

Contacted again on: May 15, May 28, June 8

Recommend? No.

Remember, you TRADE OR BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I personally do most of my makeup shopping online & have only had a problem once. Face Front ripped me off for nearly $100. Sorry to get somewhat off topic, but I thought it was important that people be warned about Face Front. Worst company ever. I hope to see many people posting in this thread as I'd still like to do a swap, especially with somebody from a European country. But I'd like to know more about the thieving buggers I should definitely avoid. Thanks for starting this list.

Whoa!!! A Blacklist of swaplifters!! About time and how awesome! Thanks for the thread, now we can help protect ourselves and others better!! 

Username: elizabethhaze Date first contacted: May 24, 2012 Date item(s) sent: Her May 25, 2012-Me May 29, 2012 Items sent: MAC Painterly Paint Pot (full size), Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliner in Darling Green (full size), NYX Matte Lipstick in Angel (full size) and 3 Random Sample Size Items Total value: approximately $45 I traded for: MAC Venomous Villains Eyeshadow in Knight and MAC Lady Gaga LIpstick Contacted again on: May 25, 30 and June 13, 2012 Recommend? No. If anyone would like more information please PM me.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can we post here if we've been sent counterfeits? 
My gut reaction is to say yes but what if the person didn't know it was counterfeit. I am not sure I would know the difference (I've yet to do any name brand swaps with anyone) but then again, how do you prove they did or didn't know. :/

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My gut reaction is to say yes but what if the person didn't know it was counterfeit. I am not sure I would know the difference (I've yet to do any name brand swaps with anyone) but then again, how do you prove they did or didn't know. :/
Well, the only reason I was considering posting it was because it was from a person who was already mentioned in this thread! And as far as not knowing...they are pretty awful and obvious fakes once you get a good look at them. 

Well, the only reason I was considering posting it was because it was from a person who was already mentioned in this thread! And as far as not knowing...they are pretty awful and obvious fakes once you get a good look at them. 
I agree ... obvious MAC counterfeits!!!!  And I traded some great stuff for those counterfeits.  Grrrrr!!  Oh ... and the main thing I really wanted (not a MAC product) was not included in my package. 

I'm not going to argue with you over this and put my business out for everyone to see. But you see I have the tracking number for yours and have already emailed you about it. All I asked was because you didn't have feedback was to send me a picture of your postal receipts and the tracking number but you never did.

Ahh, well that is reassuring then!

Originally Posted by Denise Moya /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not going to argue with you over this and put my business out for everyone to see. But you see I have the tracking number for yours and have already emailed you about it. All I asked was because you didn't have feedback was to send me a picture of your postal receipts and the tracking number but you never did.
Why not? You put her business out there and to be honest while in doing so also already put yours out there as well. It's only fair for her to defend herself I think. 

I think you should because I think this list is supposed to be a warning and we need to know if someone is sending counterfeits intentionally or not.

Can we post here if we've been sent counterfeits? 

Why not? You put her business out there and to be honest while in doing so also already put yours out there as well. It's only fair for her to defend herself I think. 
you're absolutely correct! She is defending herself which is fine with me but no one but her and I know exactly what is going on.

.. I have not received yours. you have not received mine, if i receive yours ill send it back, I really dont want anything to do with your swap anymore.  Also How am i supposed to send you a tracking number?? it was never tracked and you knew that.. as for the messaging please stop, send it all at once or not at all, i dont need 8 emails from you. The constant harassment from you makes me never want to swap again anyways, so there we go job well done.

I will leave your  feedback for you NOW TOO if you continue this BS, its only been two or three weeks. Thanks

Originally Posted by Denise Moya /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you're absolutely correct! She is defending herself which is fine with me but no one but her and I know exactly what is going on.
Right. No one but you and her know what is exactly going on... and the point of this thread is to make everyone aware of "what exactly is going on" so other people don't get in the same situation with a possible bad swapper. 

I'm just saying that if you are going to throw out accusations, because right now that is all that you are doing, then put out the information to back it up. 

I think this thread is probably needed to some extent but not just listing a person's name and their supposed "crime" if no proof is going to be presented as well. Otherwise it is just going to be a mud slinging contest of "YOU DID THIS" "NO I DIDN'T" "YES YOU DID" etc etc. 

Thanks for telling me I was correct, but I already knew I was :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

A couple of things:

First off ElizabethHaze my condolences to you on the loss of your fiance. I can understand completely how you feel because in Dec 09 my boyfriend of eight years was murdered by his downstairs neighbor. I know how bad that feels the surprise and the pain and I can tell you that the sun does rise again and eventually you will remember the day when you no stop crying everyday. Nothing anyone says can help you and nothing can heal you but time.

Having said that I did have a look at your profile and it looks like he passed in August of 11 so you can't use that as an excuse when it comes to a swap that happened in May. I don't like the idea of that at all. Having lost someone myself I find that super tacky. I also find it sketchy that instead of responding to her via email after being rude enough to ignore her emails (Per her) you suddenly find the time to reply to this post instead of taking it up with her and letting her to make corrections, updates or whatever to her post. It's common courtesy to take a moment to respond to an email when she sent you fifty buck worth of product WITH delivery confirmation and per you your package had no confirmation whatsoever. As, a swapper you should want her to feel comfortable and feel at ease by communicating instead of ignoring. Now since you've been called to the carpet you're all offended. I don't think the purpose of this thread is an argument between both parties but for someone to put what happened to them in their opinion. If another person thinks the information is inaccurate or untrue take it up with that person and allow them to correct it instead of making a fool out of yourself by going back and fourth. Not to mention looking super guilty.

Now I'm off to mind my own business.

This is just my opinion in response to what 'ELIZABETHHAZE' said on this thread.

I am fairly new to trading and haven't had a bad swap yet (I hope to never!). I do understand that life gets in the way and sometimes something unexpected might happen and a swap is not exactly on our minds. But, it becomes that person's responsibility to communicate about what happened and not just expect the other to be understanding. There are many bad swappers out there and it is only natural for someone to feel like they have been swaplifted if they don't hear back promptly. People always understand if you have a problem and are not able to send their items on time as promised, as long as you let them know.

And regarding messaging back and forth, you don't have to necessarily reply every 10 minutes, but IT IS your responsibility in a swap to get back to the other person, NO MATTER WHAT . You cannot just keep quiet and expect the other person to not get suspicious. If one cannot keep this in mind, then maybe swapping is not the best option for them! 

Latest posts

Back