Liquid eye liner pens.... HELP!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I love the look and stay power of liquid eye pencils for my top lids, but I can't get them to last more than a month before they begin drying out. Anyone have tips for keeping them "moist" all the time? And anyone have a suggestion on how to get them "flowing" nicely if they HAVE somewhat dried out?? It's a total waste to throw out a once fabulous liner that's only a month old because it's "dried up" a tad. (BTW? I take care of my makeup. Room temp, dark, storage in a bathroom makeup drawer) Thanks makeup-istas!!

Well, what works for mascaras is to run them under hot water. I can't imagine why it wouldn't work for eyeliner...
unsure.gif
 just a thought. Doesn't hurt to try...

I guess it depends on what eyeliner you are using. If it is expensive, it shouldn't go bad after a month. If it is cheaper, then that might be it. All I know is just keep the cap on really tight. If it is a pencil-liquid eyeliner you should take a kleenex and press it down on there a few times to get the liquid out (also shake it up to get loose and flowing). It if it is a brush-liquid eyeliner, shake it/roll it between your hands and swirl the brush in there. I'm not quite sure what else to tell ya! If its drying out, maybe you should try a new brand. :)

I used  the same Shiseido fineliner for over 5yrs. It used refill cartridges.  I bought 2 other pens thru ebay after that but I still have my original that is 15yrs old now.  The tip never went dry, never got bent.  The pen itself is metal and not plastic so you don't have to worry about it becoming damaged. The refill cartridges were about $15.  The pen was $45 including 1 cartridge. 

My Tokidoki felt pens did the same thing.  I am just about done with the pens.  If I cannot find something (have not yet tried the Shiseido), I will have to go back to either gels or the liquid with brush.

I've recently seen a youtube-r's fave items of the month and she talks about BH cosmetics and their felt tip liquid eyeliner.  I gave it a try because everything she suggests I LOVE LOVE LOVE! I have been ordering from them non-stop since =X  So, check that out! I'm in love! It lasts all night even on humid summer nights.  Also, I would keep them in a sort of like a pen/brush container facing down!

I have to say that I kind of love the Physicians Formula Eye Booster (original) in black. I have had it for about 2 1/2 months now and it's going strong.

I have this same problem all the time! Partly because I'm careless and I don't keep the cap on tight. But I've revived some by dunking them in really hot water in a mug. 

I have used liquid eyeliner before and not found it is more functional. Nowadays, I am using solid eyelid cream. Pretty like it. Recommend it.LAL

I've been wanting to try that one!

Originally Posted by nicnacbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have to say that I kind of love the Physicians Formula Eye Booster (original) in black. I have had it for about 2 1/2 months now and it's going strong.

I just received a new eyeliner pen in my MyGlam bag the other day that I love.  It is called a "permanent pen" by Marabelle, I think.  I had never heard of the brand, but I love it for my top lids so far.

Latest posts

Back