• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Printing USPS Shipping Labels at Home

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have completed a few swaps and wanted to throw this out there for others to possibly save a little bit of money.  There is a way to print postage from home if you have a PayPal Account.  It is slightly cheaper than the post office and you can then put it in your mailbox for the mail person to pick up or take it to the post office to be mailed. 

Follow this link: www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now and sign into your PayPal account.  If you want to sign into your account first and then click the link, that should work as well.  You can then choose USPS as a carrier.  Once you get to the next page, you enter in the person’s information, choose first class mail parcel (anything up to 13 oz.) and choose the package size.  I would imagine most makeup would be sent in a package/thick envelope, but you can click the info link if you want to see the criteria.  Next you need to enter the weight.  You need to have some type of shipping scale or maybe a food scale at home to weigh the package.  I personally signed up for stamps.com to get the free scale and then canceled before the 30 day trial was up.  Anything up to 3 oz. costs the same amount and then each additional ounce adds to the cost.  The delivery confirmation cost is included and you can add signature confirmation or insurance if you wanted.

After you click continue, it takes you to your confirmation and payment page.  Once you confirm and pay, you are able to print the label.  You can print it on ½ sheet label paper or regular paper and tape it to your package!

You can Google PayPal shipping link to verify the information if you would like!  Hope this helps!!

Oh good. Thanks for the tip. I use USPS.com for priority shipping but was going to the post office to send anything else. 

For those who do not use Paypal you can also purchase and print labels from the USPS.com website.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For those who do not use Paypal you can also purchase and print labels from the USPS.com website.
 Yes you can, but unfortunately you cannot print first class packages on the USPS site.  You can only print parcel post packages and priority or express mail there.  Those tend to be a lot more expensive than sending lighter items via first class mail. 

That is very true. I always use Priority though because of the tracking #.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is very true. I always use Priority though because of the tracking #.
[SIZE=10pt]I am pretty sure that the delivery confirmation/tracking number for the first class packages is the same as the delivery confirmation/tracking number for the priority packages as well.  I think the tracking is no additional cost on priority postage printed online and is a small cost that is automatically included in the first class packages when printed through PayPal.  [/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back