• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Re: elizabethhaze

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I wanted to update people on the matter with elizabethhaze since it's now apparent that at least four to five people have been burned by her. Normally we wouldn't discuss the matter with those not involved in the situation however due to the fact that I still have people coming to me about it I figured I'd make a public "announcement" so there are no rumors and misinformation passed around.

Elizabethhaze account has been restricted and while she is free to post in other areas of the website she cannot see the Buy, Sell, Trade forums. This was done due to the fact that I have received those complaints and after reviewing the matter and discussing it with my moderator staff I felt it was in the best interest of our members to restrict the account.

For those of you with pending trades with her please keep in mind she is in Canada so while mail between countries is slow it does not take three or more weeks. I've received a package from a fellow member here who also lives in Canada and she had mailed it out in December and I received it within a week of her mailing it. I sent a package to Canada and that took nine days counting the weekend.

Also, I want to make you aware the other issue that has been presented to us is that the MAC items she has for trade are counterfeit. I've had to previously delete some of her trade posts because the products she was showing looked to be counterfeit - more specifically the MAC Venomous Villains blush - she had posted was a counterfeit. MAC made four blushes - one for each villain - and the official one with the Evil Queen was called Bite of an Apple. The one she had for trade she called LOL. This is her image from one of the deleted posts:

Her blush looks more like this one which is from a known site that sells counterfeit MAC and counterfeit Urban Decay products:

You can't really tell from that image however the positioning of the Evil Queen is in the wrong spot and the color of the blush is wrong. This is what the real blush looks like:

We know for sure that the blush is counterfeit because she did do a trade with another member here that did go through and that person provided us with more images of the counterfeit including the fact the blush she got was numbered instead of named.

If anyone else has done a trade with her and either never got the items or received counterfeits please let us know. We do take the matter seriously and if there are more complaints then I will be letting our site owner decide what other steps to take.

These images - below - were what our member sent us in regards to the counterfeit MAC Evil Queen blush.

As she pointed out the real MAC did not come with a compartment for a blush brush and would be labeled Bite of an Apple and not 04.

Update: Another person has PMed me stating her trade with Liz did go through but the items she got were counterfeit and when she contact Liz, Liz was adamant that it was legitimate products. I know when I first approached Liz - when I removed her trade posts - that she (Liz) was adamant she bought the items at her local MAC because her sister worked for MAC or something like that. If anyone else DID get items from Liz please PM me the images.

I am in no way affiliated with this situation, but just wanted to say I like this method of discussing these types of issues. I think it's best to "vent" and provide evidence to a moderator who can look into it and publicly share it with the forum in an unbiased, appropriate way. I know I personally do look at trader feedback before I agree to a swap, but I have also heard countless times that people choose not to leave any feedback out of fear of receiving spiteful feedback in return. 

For example up until yesterday this user had nothing but one positive feedback so I would not have hesitated going into a trade with her not knowing 5 or 6 people were having bad experiences.  

I think if users had the assurance that they could dispute feedback left on their profile out of spite (assuming they have proof) they might be more willing to leave negative feedback when they have a bad experience. If I'm not mistaken it is against site rules to leave untrue or malicious feedback, right? 

Yes it is. If the feedback left was done so in an attempt to bully another person we can delete the negative feedback SO LONG as we have proof of some sort that it was a vindictive feedback.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes it is. If the feedback left was done so in an attempt to bully another person we can delete the negative feedback SO LONG as we have proof of some sort that it was a vindictive feedback.
Of course. I don't believe everyone is aware that while the trades are 100% at their own risk the site does enforce strict rules to protect them from vindictive behavior. I think it's also best to encourage users to purchase delivery confirmation and/or take photos of their packages and postage receipts so in the event they do need to dispute something they will have solid proof that they are not at fault. Maybe if users could come to the moderators at the first sign of red flags you all would be able to catch onto repeat offenders more quickly and in a private manner? Perhaps we could make a thread about proper procedure to report issues with trades and feedback as well as how the site will protect users from bullying?

She contacted me about doing an "international trade", but I never heard back from her after my initial response.

Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Of course. I don't believe everyone is aware that while the trades are 100% at their own risk the site does enforce strict rules to protect them from vindictive behavior. I think it's also best to encourage users to purchase delivery confirmation and/or take photos of their packages and postage receipts so in the event they do need to dispute something they will have solid proof that they are not at fault. Maybe if users could come to the moderators at the first sign of red flags you all would be able to catch onto repeat offenders more quickly and in a private manner? Perhaps we could make a thread about proper procedure to report issues with trades and feedback as well as how the site will protect users from bullying?

That's a good idea. I'll review the current policies we have for the B/S/T area and possibly update the rules as needed.

The eyeliner I received from her was fake. I didn't know at first since I didn't own any MAC products but after hearing others were screwed by her I looked into my product (which I never ended up using because it was too hard for my eye). I learned it was extremely fake and told her. She said she bought it off of E-bay. I'm not at my house to take a picture of it but this is exactly what it looked like:

If there is one thing MUT has taught me, is to pay attention to any make up I pick up. I never knew there were such things as fake name brand cosmetics. o_O

If there is one thing MUT has taught me, is to pay attention to any make up I pick up. I never knew there were such things as fake name brand cosmetics. o_O
I had no idea either. I always just thought, "Wow, what a great deal! I'm so lucky!" :rolleyes:

Wow, that is indeed a fake MAC eyeliner. I may not buy MAC but I still know enough about the line. If and when I buy MAC it's directly from MAC even though I hate to pay full price. Better full price for a legit product than half price for a fake.

Wow, that is indeed a fake MAC eyeliner. I may not buy MAC but I still know enough about the line. If and when I buy MAC it's directly from MAC even though I hate to pay full price. Better full price for a legit product than half price for a fake.
I 100% agree! Initially I wasn't trading her for makeup, but for Kinder Surprise Eggs since you can't get them here in the US. She offered to throw in the 'MAC Eyeliner' and I took her up on it because hey, it's MAC! So I threw in even more products to make up the difference for the eyeliner. Failll.

I've only had one real swap and it turned out fine, thankfully. But I know now to be leary when it comes to HE brands.

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've only had one real swap and it turned out fine, thankfully. But I know now to be leary when it comes to HE brands.
After this, I've become extremely wary of online trades or buying through Amazon or ebay. I've decide I'd much rather just save money and pay full price for a product and be certain its legit. 

I have fortunately only had good swaps so far. Thank you to everyone on MUT who helped to get back to the official feedback method. Thank you zadidoll for your work trying to help protect us to the extent you can. Ladies, when trading with someone with little to no feedback, don't be afraid to wait to ship your end until you get a tracking number or a photo of the package with postage and your address on it. Make it known what your personal standards are for trading and lots of dishonest people will just steer clear of you.

These were sent to me via email from a member here. I won't name who but these lipsticks and lipglosses she was sent from Liz. These are obviously fake as MAC never labels their products with numbers.

Click to enlarge images.

If you did get ANY MAC from Liz do NOT USE. It's counterfeit and potentially dangerous.

Glad I saw this - I almost bought a "MAC" lipstick off of her, but decided not to because she was selling @ $15. at that price, it's practically what MAC sells it for. (the one I wanted.) she contacted me later inquiring about an inter nation trade but didn't respond to my response. glad I dodged a bullet there.

Latest posts

Back