Who is Cruelty Free?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
You can check on your fave cosmetic company at the PETA website.

You can also check just about any other household items you may be curious about as well as find alternatives.

Thanks so much for this group, Pancua!! :*

I was going to suggest Leaping Bunny as well! I also really, really like veggiebeauty.com. She is very passionate about this topic, and does a lot of her own research. 

I have had really good experiences with the few Tarte products that I own -- Now that UD is out of the picture, I really want to try more of their things. So far, I only have their gel liner and one blush but those are both fantastic products!

I'm also looking forward to trying more Physician's Formula, as they seem to be one of the few cruelty free brands in drugstores!

Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks so much for this group, Pancua!! :*

I was going to suggest Leaping Bunny as well! I also really, really like veggiebeauty.com. She is very passionate about this topic, and does a lot of her own research. 

I have had really good experiences with the few Tarte products that I own -- Now that UD is out of the picture, I really want to try more of their things. So far, I only have their gel liner and one blush but those are both fantastic products!

I'm also looking forward to trying more Physician's Formula, as they seem to be one of the few cruelty free brands in drugstores!
I was recently looking at PF, the grocery store by my house has a HUGE display of it and the colors look tempting. I have been on my no buy for a few months now so I am still trying ot be good but I may have to break it for one of their eye shadows.

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was recently looking at PF, the grocery store by my house has a HUGE display of it and the colors look tempting. I have been on my no buy for a few months now so I am still trying ot be good but I may have to break it for one of their eye shadows.

I haven't tried any of those yet either, but I'm curious about the Nude palette! CVS is having a 40% off sale on all PF eye items this week (until tomorrow, I think the new ad comes out every Sunday), so maybe now's a good time..? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Speaking of CVS, their stuff is cruelty free as well. I'm almost done with my Cetaphil cleanser anyway, so I'll be picking up the generic version of that next time.

I love elf products, the only items I really didn't care for was the mineral eye shadows.

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love elf products, the only items I really didn't care for was the mineral eye shadows.
and how can you resist when they are all priced around $3 or less?!?

Originally Posted by Jess Bailey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

and how can you resist when they are all priced around $3 or less?!?
Agreed! The mineral eye shadows I got on a special so they were free. 10 pots of them!!

The Body Shop is partnering for a campaign with Cruelty-Free International which is interesting because they are owned by L'Oreal. 
Last time I was in, I saw their makeup brushes are natural hair
madno.gif

yeah, that's something that irks me about TBS.. BUT, i do think it's good to support CF brands that are owned by non-CF parents to show them that the CF brands are doing well, or better. you know? it's still crappy though :/ i wonder if TBS products directly are tested on animals, because i never found out about that. like, is it just other loreal brands that are tested but not TBS or is the TBS tested as well (so, sold in china). 

supposedly none of TBS products are tested on animals, nor are the ingredients that go into their products. so it would just be everything else owned by L'Oreal.

I can tell you for a FACT that Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC) are cruelty free and 100% vegan friendly. David, the founder and owner of OCC, is a vegan so the OCC products - lip tars, tinted moisturizers, concealers, foundations, nail polish, brushes, everything reflects his philosophy. Yes OCC is on the pricey side but the products are worth it. He is a professional MUA so he knows what works and what doesn't.

I work in the mall (Sephora) & TBS is three stores down.  EVERY time I walk past their giant window display that says, "SHOP CRUELTY FREE" I want to tear it down and throw it in the garbage.  Their parent company tests, therefore all money they goes to TBS eventually makes it way to a pro-animal testing company.  Also, I believe they're sold in China as well?

I have to be honest and say that I'm not against companies whose parent companies animal test. I think it's terrible but ALL cosmetics have their roots in animal testing. For me, like with Urban Decay, it wasn't a matter of them going to China and the products are animal tested but the comment made about them going to China to try to stop animal testing. I'm like, "uh huh... you're going to go make money". If it's one thing I hate an it's liars especially when it's a bold face lie.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have to be honest and say that I'm not against companies whose parent companies animal test. I think it's terrible but ALL cosmetics have their roots in animal testing. For me, like with Urban Decay, it wasn't a matter of them going to China and the products are animal tested but the comment made about them going to China to try to stop animal testing. I'm like, "uh huh... you're going to go make money". If it's one thing I hate an it's liars especially when it's a bold face lie.
the entire industry has become so incestuous that it's difficult to know which company owns which brand these days.

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

the entire industry has become so incestuous that it's difficult to know which company owns which brand these days.

LMAO OMG I love that! Yes! Yes it has become so incestuous!

wondering if anyone knows if Bliss is cruelty free?  been searching and cannot find confirmation either way which leads me to believe they do test on animals or have suppliers who do. 

madno.gif

no zits sherlock is the stuuuuuuuuff but i'll have to live with the acne until i find a replacement if they are not cruelty free.

wondering if anyone knows if Bliss is cruelty free?  been searching and cannot find confirmation either way which leads me to believe they do test on animals or have suppliers who do. 

madno.gif

no zits sherlock is the stuuuuuuuuff but i'll have to live with the acne until i find a replacement if they are not cruelty free.
If its the same company I am thinking of, it's owned by Louis Vutton so I would be surprised if they didn't do animal testing.

Latest posts

Back