Birchbox Man: July Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's that time again...

We were charged yesterday for July's box. I wanted to cancel before the July box but I always forget that they are on a different billing schedule than the women's. I can only hope July's box is some sort of improvement.

While I don't really think the men's boxes are fantastic, my husband has found some things that he really does like. I feel really bad for wanting to cancel. My husband has a pretty rough/hard to treat  skin condition and I'm afraid its only a matter of time before he can no longer use the samples. I'm really torn. I guess we will hang on until his skin fares up.

This will probably be my husband's final month with BBM. While he liked the soap in the first box and the shampoo in the 2nd he really hasn't used anything that came in any of the first two boxes. At $20 a month it's a waste of money if he's not using the items. I'll miss the boxes though since I LOVE the pull out drawer.

My husband hated the watch as a June lifestyle extra. He hoped to sell it on ebay but there are a ton of them there already. July will be his last month.

My husband has actually enjoyed the boxes. While he didn't necessarily like all the items enough to purchase them, he got use out of all of them (minus the socks and watch) and now we know what NOT to buy him. He goes through sooo much skin care, shave gel, guy stuff all the time because hes always trying to find the right fit so I think this box is PERFECT for him. I can't wait to see what is in July!

When the time comes, I always ask him if he wants to know whats in his box and he likes the surprise :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just got the shipping notification. It said:

Quote: This month's box is focused on innovation and ingenuity, with products that will keep you fresh and organized so you're ready when inspiration strikes.

My guy has actually liked them so far (first one was his favorite), so we'll see what he thinks about this one. 

Just got my shipment notification. I've got high hopes this month. Looks like at least one of the boxes is going to have a cable organizer, which I could really use at my house.

I'll post my review as soon as I get it.

Just got my shipment notification. I've got high hopes this month. Looks like at least one of the boxes is going to have a cable organizer, which I could really use at my house.

I just got the shipping email for my Boyfran's box. Does anyone else's email say "Clear space on your Shower Ledge" at the top? Maybe it's a hint.

Originally Posted by KatiebuglovesBB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got the shipping email for my Boyfran's box. Does anyone else's email say "Clear space on your Shower Ledge" at the top? Maybe it's a hint.

mine does

Originally Posted by kenstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A cable organizer sounds great!

Though I would probably steal it to bring to work.....

Originally Posted by KatiebuglovesBB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

His email says the same... I don't know if I would consider it a "hint" since every box has contained something used in the shower. Eh, who knows.

Originally Posted by phoebehearts /img/forum/go_quote.gif

His email says the same... I don't know if I would consider it a "hint" since every box has contained something used in the shower. Eh, who knows.
You're right about that. His last box had TWO shave gels in it, in addition to the one he got in the month before. His profile says he has a beard. When i emailed them they said "shaving is oh so important we wanted him to have variety!!" three shave gels in a 30 day span ? That is ridiculous. He barely ever shapes it either, so that was annoying.

This is going to be the last month we subscribe to BBM as well.  The only product my boyfriend has gotten use out of is the Billy Jealousy Liquid Sand which he LOVES and it makes his skin look super smooth and nice.  I think their lifestyle items have been really meh - the watch was nowhere near my boyfriend's style.  The watch just looked like one of those cheap jelly watches little girls wear. Plus you had to pay a subscription fee just to use the extra features on the watch which is ridiculous. I think these boxes should be priced more reasonably - at most $15 if they cannot do $10.

Originally Posted by Fluttershy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is going to be the last month we subscribe to BBM as well.  The only product my boyfriend has gotten use out of is the Billy Jealousy Liquid Sand which he LOVES and it makes his skin look super smooth and nice.  I think their lifestyle items have been really meh - the watch was nowhere near my boyfriend's style.  The watch just looked like one of those cheap jelly watches little girls wear. Plus you had to pay a subscription fee just to use the extra features on the watch which is ridiculous. I think these boxes should be priced more reasonably - at most $15 if they cannot do $10.
I agree about the price. I feel like they shouldn't toss in these pricey "lifestyle" items, that is why the price of the box is so high in my opinion. If they didn't give out watches,socks,cards etc then the box wouldn't be worth as much. My husband would be fine with a snack bar, energy drink, coffee sample instead of an expensive big ticket item. I know the men's samples are harder to come by but I really feel like $20 is just too much. I always say "this is the last month" but we shall see.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My husband has actually enjoyed the boxes. While he didn't necessarily like all the items enough to purchase them, he got use out of all of them (minus the socks and watch) and now we know what NOT to buy him. He goes through sooo much skin care, shave gel, guy stuff all the time because hes always trying to find the right fit so I think this box is PERFECT for him. I can't wait to see what is in July!

When the time comes, I always ask him if he wants to know whats in his box and he likes the surprise :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU! Im glad my boyfriend isnt the only one who dosent think they completely suck!!! He actually really likes the boxes! He has really enjoyed getting a surprise in the mail like I do. It is so cute, the other day he was like "hey babe, when do you think I am going to get my birchbox" (trying not to sound overly ethusiastic hahaha) and coming from him, that is a good sign that he is realy into it. I also convinced his friend to sign up although I didnt have to do much convincing....complete shocker!!!! The only think he has liked enough to purchase full size is the Billy Jealousy Liquid Sand, but he really liked the Zihr shave gel, the John Varvatos cologne, and wears his watch almost everyday! (he is big into those rubber livestrong-style bracelets and such so the watch suited his style) ANYWAYS, I am very excited to see whats in his 3rd box, and for him to empty it so I can use it for storage :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They are great for storing things!!!

xX

This will only be our 2nd month but he was super excited about the first one! I haven't told him that different profiles get different boxes, so he didn't know about the watch last month. He wouldn't have worn it but I'm sure he'd be a little peeved that he didn't get it!

Back