GlossyBox-Gate Scandal???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It seems that a lot of people who are/were subbed to Glossybox  experienced problems and some continue to do so. I thought it was a good idea to herd them all up so they can compare notes and discuss it in a specific thread.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Great idea!
I think it's better than clogging up the monthly box pages..since that has mostly consumed many pages now lol. It'll be easier for the ladies to air their grievances and inform prospective people about what is going on/supposedly happening. I can't really confirm or deny, but am leaning towards some kind of breach or employee problem..but that's just my opinion lol; nothing more, nothing less.

Originally Posted by iugirl13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is really starting to scare me! I'm done with this box after this month.
I love GB too much to be done, but switching to a prepaid card might be a good idea for all my subs.

I love GB too much to be done, but switching to a prepaid card might be a good idea for all my subs.
I've been fortunate with GB, as well..but I do like the idea of switching to a secured or prepaid card. I think I should open a small, secured one...A)to safeguard me from the fraudulence that can be experienced and B)set a limit on how many subs I can have, by limiting my cash flow out in payments lol!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think it's better than clogging up the monthly box pages..since that has mostly consumed many pages now lol. It'll be easier for the ladies to air their grievances and inform prospective people about what is going on/supposedly happening. I can't really confirm or deny, but am leaning towards some kind of breach or employee problem..but that's just my opinion lol; nothing more, nothing less.
That's what I'm starting to believe, too. It worries me that Glossybox just breezily brushes off these very serious and genuine concerns. 

Even though I use a prepaid cc, im not so sure about keeping this sub afterall. I may just go back to smooth sailing with BB. At least they acknowledge their customers, to say the least...​

What worries and scares me is that they have to be aware now that there is a problem and yet they continue to push for new subscribers!  They're throwing out extra Glossy Dots for referring people along with their new "win a 6-month sub" contest for new subscribers.  I could possibly excuse it a few days or a week ago because they genuinely may not have known there was an issue with cc fraud.  But I think enough people have brought it to their attention now that they've got to realize this is a serious matter.  I would think the very first thing they would do is to stop taking new orders until they get their business straight, yet subs are still open!  It's one thing to encounter growing pains when you're a new start-up, but it's another to ignore the very serious problem of identity fraud and pretend like there's nothing wrong because you don't want to interrupt your revenue stream.

I guess one of the more disturbing issues is that many, MANY people have been overcharged(sometimes leading to overdrafting) and/or having debit/credit cards compromised with GB right in the middle. As I mentioned in the other thread, for sure there was someone who had a cc with only GB charging it and her # was stolen. There's no large public acknowledgement or denial other than an occasional comment on FB and possibly Twitter(don't use personally, so I can't verify).

i think what bothers me the most is the may box was great and honestly for $21, it should have been great, but what is bothering me is the unprofessional way they are handling this. my email was answered with a generic response about canceling my account which wasnt even what i was asking about and then a followup email telling me to disregard the last email. i work hard for my money and im not sure i want to give business to companies that run their business the way they seem to be running theirs. im not looking for a free box, or even glossydots. i just want a response to my email that lets me know they actually read my email.

Originally Posted by shelley6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think what bothers me the most is the may box was great and honestly for $21, it should have been great, but what is bothering me is the unprofessional way they are handling this. my email was answered with a generic response about canceling my account which wasnt even what i was asking about and then a followup email telling me to disregard the last email. i work hard for my money and im not sure i want to give business to companies that run their business the way they seem to be running theirs. im not looking for a free box, or even glossydots. i just want a response to my email that lets me know they actually read my email.
Sounds to me like their "response" to your email was more like an "oh well, were not gona deal with this" & on to the next subscriber. JUST RUDE!!!!

This is really starting to scare me! I'm done with this box after this month.
Me too. Last thing I want is CC issues, that's an inconvenience that I don't want to deal with. After I get my shipping notice I'm canceling ASAP!

I despise their nonchalant way of addressing their customers' problems. Huge pet peeve of mine.

Originally Posted by Linabunnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Even though I use a prepaid cc, im not so sure about keeping this sub afterall. I may just go back to smooth sailing with BB. At least they acknowledge their customers, to say the least...​
Yes, I may not like all my BB boxes but at least their customer service is good lol. I have a year subscription and have not had one real big issue with them; even when my package was lost in transit, they immediately sent me another.

It's only been one box so far, you're super, super excited. God I hope this month's box does not disappoint you as much as you've been rooting them on LOL.

Just found some contact info on Twitter...

Glossybox US Help @glossyboxushelp
Customer Service and assistance for Glossybox.com customers in the United States

· http://glossybox.com/customer-service/

Page 404ing when you click on link:

Sorry, our servers are overloaded at the moment. We are working to resolve the problem. Please try again later.

-.-.-.-

Veuillez nous excuser, nos serveurs sont surchargésce moment. Nous mettons tout en oeuvre pour résoudre le problème. S'il vous plaît, renouveler votre demande plus tard.

-.-.-.-

Leider sind unsere Server zur Zeit überlastet. Wir arbeiten daran, das Problem zu lösen. Bitte versuchen Sie es später erneut.

Seems to me that they're having dead-ends everywhere!!! 
blink.gif

Me too. Last thing I want is CC issues, that's an inconvenience that I don't want to deal with. After I get my shipping notice I'm canceling ASAP! I despise their nonchalant way of addressing their customers' problems. Huge pet peeve of mine.
Do we cancel by calling them? I've heard they've been giving out weird phone numbers and I'm afraid they could steal my information that way too. Also when we unsubscribe does that mean they get rid of our information or can we still be robbed blind even when we aren't associating with them anymore.

Originally Posted by lovesmakeup2012 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me too. Last thing I want is CC issues, that's an inconvenience that I don't want to deal with. After I get my shipping notice I'm canceling ASAP!

I despise their nonchalant way of addressing their customers' problems. Huge pet peeve of mine.
Agreed. I always appreciate a blanket statement adressing possible issues. But maybe they are aware there is a security breach and aren't able to fix it or don't want people jumping ship. At this point, it's nothing definitive to make them "guilty and convicted," but alot of disturbing coincidences. Glossydots or complimentary boxes(which have never been offered) aside, I believe a lot of people would be more reassured if Glossybox made a public statement regarding this mess.

I was not one of the people affected by the CC issues or overcharging, but I recently got a new card with a new # and after contacting Glossybox asking how to change my billing info (I had read all of the gripes about this already, but wanted to see what they said) and was told to open a new account. After seeing what happened to others I won't be giving them my new number. I loved the box and look forward to getting the June one I've already paid for, but I may wait to resub for a few months and see how it goes.

Do we cancel by calling them? I've heard they've been giving out weird phone numbers and I'm afraid they could steal my information that way too. Also when we unsubscribe does that mean they get rid of our information or can we still be robbed blind even when we aren't associating with them anymore.
Wow good questions, didn't even think that far lol. I know they don't have a 'cancel' tab anywhere on their site. I'd hate to cancel and my information is still there for grabs.

Latest posts

Back