With make-up or without make-up

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm kinda curious what mens like? A woman with make up or A woman who doesn't wear make up at all. If you are a man what do you prefer?

My experience is men prefer natural looking makeup, not necessarily no makeup.

Men have no clue about makeup. Everything that comes out of their mouths about makeup is stupid lol. There is no right or wrong answer to this question anyway.

There have been so many times that I've gotten ready and my husband will make a comment like, "See, you don't need any makeup to look beautiful." and I'll sarcastically reply, "Yup, only took an hour to look like I didn't use any..." Moron.

My husband says he prefers me without makeup. But I still wear it because _I_ like it.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Men have no clue about makeup. Everything that comes out of their mouths about makeup is stupid lol. There is no right or wrong answer to this question anyway.
dito.gif

Originally Posted by suenotto /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My husband says he prefers me without makeup. But I still wear it because _I_ like it.
I'm going to revise that. My husband says he prefers me without makeup, but when I wear it and am fixed up (especially when I just have a little on) he says I look very cute. So, he probably likes a little even though he doesn't say so. Not too far off from what Adrienne already said.

They all like it when you put a little time into your appearance. When you start dating one you met when you were wearing makeup and they start on you about not wearing any RUN very fast, odds are they are control freaks.

Words of wisdom here. And lets not forget their lack of appreciation of the time invested. 

My boyfriend says he doesn't mind either way, but I think he likes it better with makeup, even though he would never admit that to my face.

Louie is very diplomatic and says I'm beautiful to him with or without. However, he is also practical, and recognizes that makeup for me is part sun protection, and part a basic of grooming, and prefers that when I wear it I be tasteful and professional, and by that I mean a profession other than pole dancer.

I agree.  Also, when asking my man just now what he thought, I had to prod for explanation and didn't get any real information.  He said he liked it when it "matched," but couldn't explain what that meant other than saying he "wasn't really good with color." But really, he seems to like all of it, some of it, and none of it just the same.  I suppose I've never worn anything too bright or intense, though.  I wonder if he would have an opinion on that.  NEW CHALLENGE.

"I don't remember those kinds of details" is a fair male quote on the subject.

Back