Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
aleeeshuh

Beauty Army: July

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes View Post

 

Yes, they charge you and if you decide to skip, they will refund you.

 

I think I read somewhere (maybe in a Zadi post) that they were looking into changing that.

 

 

 

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes View Post

 

Yes, they charge you and if you decide to skip, they will refund you.

 

I think I read somewhere (maybe in a Zadi post) that they were looking into changing that.

 

 

 

Have been on the side of project management in large corporatation of 2,000 and policy changes need multple sign-offs from 5 department heads and could take a month.   This is literally is a two-line engineerig code change and I believe the company has under 7 employees, so the changes can be literally done within the morning.  

 

I think this is more of an accounting strategy.  The company is able to report a higher monthly revenue figure when they are able to charge the subs and put it on their books... although the net-income will still reflect the actual sales numbers when they are done with the book-keeping and the proper refunds are made.  A high revenue number looks good if they are working with VCs or looking for future investors to grow the company, as it shows favorable sales and marketing environment.  

 

The long and short of it is, BA wiill most likely keep this strategy until they feel it's hurting business in a measureable fashion.  

 

It's not bad as far as strategies go if you are a start-up with limited funds which I'm lead to belive is where they are at with the minimal customer service and decrease in product choosing.    

 

I think BA started out with a great idea and I wish them well but they might need to restratagize on improveing customer retention and sample sourcing.  BB has a pretty good strategy mix.

 

Sorry about geeking out it's nearly two in the morning, it's quiet, am zoning in analyst mode but took a break to play on this forum.

 
ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 
ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 

 

ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 

 

ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 
ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 
ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 
ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 
ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 
ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 
ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 
ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I had two beauty army accounts, but landed up cancelling my first one as I just didn't need two.  My 2nd account was for this month, and I ordered July 3d.  I never got any shipping info at all, and finally emailed them last week to see what the hold up was, and the rep told me there was a delay due to the holiday? My box didn't ship till the 13th and won't be here till the 23d/24th!  REALLY? Three whole weeks? That really pisses me off and makes me want to cancel, as I've never had such bad shipping issues with them before.  I'm so disappointed with beauty army, and I really hope they're reading this too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Ladies,

 

I hope you'll don't mind a tangent, but this is a knowledgable bunch...does anyone know if the profile can be changed on MyGlam once you join?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!  I'll give that a try.  It's been killing me to look at it and not use it.  It looks like its going to be good.  Is it?

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney View Post

 

 

My YoungBlood pump also didn't work and the seal was all crusty.  The trick is, these are air-less pumps, you'll notice that there are no tubes leading from the head of the pump.

 

It needs to be air-tight to create a vacume when you pump, in order for it to work.  I cleaned both the bottle neck and the bottle and the cap.  First dry wiping to get most of the crust off, then using a wet paper towel to remove any other product that might be preventing a tight seal and with that, the pump works.

 

Try it and see if that might do the trick for you ;)...

 

 

ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 
ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So my tracking finally showed up for this. I had to laugh...

 

 

Estimated Delivery Date
07/23/12-07/24/12
Date Time Description Location
7/16/2012 07:15 PM Departing Newgistics Facility Sparks, NV 89441
7/16/2012 04:20 PM Electronic Information Sent to USPS Sparks, NV 89441
7/16/2012 11:48 AM Inducted into Newgistics Network Sparks, NV 89441
7/13/2012 05:06 PM Shipped from Client Ontario, CA 91761

 

First off, it goes from bottom to top. Second, I live about an hour and a half from Ontario, CA where it started. So they shipped it further away so it could come back to me over a week later. Unless some amazing products show up on my selection screen next time I really can't see myself staying with this sub. Too much nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Dalylah View Post

 

So my tracking finally showed up for this. I had to laugh...

 

 

Estimated Delivery Date
07/23/12-07/24/12
Date Time Description Location
7/16/2012 07:15 PM Departing Newgistics Facility Sparks, NV 89441
7/16/2012 04:20 PM Electronic Information Sent to USPS Sparks, NV 89441
7/16/2012 11:48 AM Inducted into Newgistics Network Sparks, NV 89441
7/13/2012 05:06 PM Shipped from Client Ontario, CA 91761

 

First off, it goes from bottom to top. Second, I live about an hour and a half from Ontario, CA where it started. So they shipped it further away so it could come back to me over a week later. Unless some amazing products show up on my selection screen next time I really can't see myself staying with this sub. Too much nonsense.

Mine said the same thing except it will take another week longer because I live across the country. It is a little ridiculous because I picked my samples on the 2nd and it did not get mailed out until the 13th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, revenue cannot be recognized as income until it is earned. The amounts that are billed are recorded as an unearned revenue which is classified as a liability on the balance sheet. I'm an accountant and this one really stood out to me so I thought I would comment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 
My window just opened, got 7 foil packs and two delux samples... hair oil and spider vain...except I did specfiy aging as a concern...
ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 

 

ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 
ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since they are in CA, I'll wait until 12:00 EST to try again, maybe they will restock.  Otherwise, even though Nancy e-mailed me that I can select a 7th for last month's product mis-hap... the $12 fee for a payout of 2 delux samples, a bunch of un-related foil packs and a possible 3rd is just not cutting it. 

ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 

 

ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 
ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I find the customer service terrible.  I got a YoungBlook primer and it doesnt come out of the tube.  I told her and she said she'd work on it. I've emailed her since at least 2 times and NO response. 
The CS is definitely not the best! I actually went straight to member care instead of through nancy lee...I'd rather do that. It's not that nancy lee is rude but she can be short and I feel like my problems aren't important anymore. When CS emailed me back she said that nancy lee shipped out my empty box but they have no idea what happened and they will get another one to me. Hopefully they email me about my empty product

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the???

Originally Posted by iPretty949 View Post

Seriously???

 

234

 

So it means that when I get home from work, I wont get the chance to choose and they will automatically choose for me?

 

This is a mess. I am working 8am-5pm and I do not know if I have time to lurk around the website just to reshuffle items that I want to see in my box.

 

I already have a pending charge and they are even asking me to update my card. Messsssy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by parisnicole1989 View Post

 

Actually, revenue cannot be recognized as income until it is earned. The amounts that are billed are recorded as an unearned revenue which is classified as a liability on the balance sheet. I'm an accountant and this one really stood out to me so I thought I would comment. 

Hey!  Thank you for the clarification ;)...  My accounting principles do need joggin once in a while.  Hmmm, but....

 

...correct me if I'm wrong, the credit card transaction is not a 'billing' activity, it is in fact a 'revenue' activity.  Once the $12 has been extracted from say from my credit card, it's now actual cash in - dollars in their bank - the balance sheet , until they reverse it.  Thus the play.   

 

I believe, the activity you are referring to, is when a client is 'billed' for services agreed upon, either in advance or in arrears.  In this case, a bill is indeed sent out to notify client of payment obligations but as no payments have been made, this activity is classified as a liability.

 

Does that sound accurate?

 

 

ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 
ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My box shipped on the 6th(I picked on the 1st).  It's STILL showing as being in PA(day 5/6 of that).  They claim it'll be here on the 18th.  I doubt it.  I think they need to drop Newgistics and go with someone else..this two weeks to get a box business(and even that's not certain) is for the birds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Steffi View Post

 

My box shipped on the 6th(I picked on the 1st).  It's STILL showing as being in PA(day 5/6 of that).  They claim it'll be here on the 18th.  I doubt it.  I think they need to drop Newgistics and go with someone else..this two weeks to get a box business(and even that's not certain) is for the birds.

 

ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 
ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 

Yeah, very plump flight-less birds, best served roasted with a nice BBQ sauce.  Okay that was a very sophmoric remark, but the re-examination of an alternate delivery system might be a good idea.

ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by FormosaHoney View Post

 

Hey!  Thank you for the clarification ;)...  My accounting principles do need joggin once in a while.  Hmmm, but....

 

...correct me if I'm wrong, the credit card transaction is not a 'billing' activity, it is in fact a 'revenue' activity.  Once the $12 has been extracted from say from my credit card, it's now actual cash in - dollars in their bank - the balance sheet , until they reverse it.  Thus the play.   

 

I believe, the activity you are referring to, is when a client is 'billed' for services agreed upon, either in advance or in arrears.  In this case, a bill is indeed sent out to notify client of payment obligations but as no payments have been made, this activity is classified as a liability.

 

Does that sound accurate?

 

 

ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 
ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 

Well, revenue is recognized when it is earned. Since the boxes are not sent out the services have not been performed, thus making it an unearned revenue. The cash would still show on the balance sheet since cash was actually received, but the credit would be to an unearned liability account instead of an income statement account such as sales revenue. If you have a contract with no payment made and no services performed, then you do not have an accounting transaction. No goods, services, or cash were exchanged, thus no entry is made on the books. Accounting is my other passion besides beauty. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How convenient!

 

How long does it take to generate samples? Mine has been like this for good 5 minutes and nothing comes up! Grrrr mad.gif

 

Screen Shot 2012-07-17 at 9.45.51 AM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 
ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 

They restocked!  9:00 AM California time.  I got the 'sold out' message too last night and the 'foils' all morning too, am in NY and now it's a nice full deck :)... 

ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 

 

So, from now on I'll do my profile after say 9:30 Cali time for best results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Kristin1387 View Post

 

Thanks!  I'll give that a try.  It's been killing me to look at it and not use it.  It looks like its going to be good.  Is it?

 

ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 
ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 

It is a good product, the fine-line filler does fill fine lines.  I did a test of with and w/o on one side vs. the other and then applied BB cream over it and one side is smoother looking then the other.  But you look light years away from needing a primer for fine lines ;)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It just updated and said my post office received it mid-morning.  We'll see if it comes today. add_shit.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Color me shocked.  It came.  The Wild Jasmine perfume, as much as I normally hate florals, smells nice.  I might consider the full size(it's actually not expensive!).

 

I tried the Besame Crimson Rouge on my lips(my cheeks are red enough, thanks)...and it stained my teeth.  I already have enough issues due to drinking coffee and genetics, but now my teeth are a lovely shade of pinkish red..:/

 

I've used Macadamia products before and like them, so the oil was a no brainer.

 

Got some Juiced perfume or something(the black tube with the flowers).  That vial was twice the size of the Wild Jasmine one.

 

Atzen Day cream seems to do okay, but I like the Body Shop's Aloe day cream so much more.

 

Haven't tried the Youngblood primer.  I'll do that next time I wear full face makeup, which'll be when it stops being eight million degrees here.

 

Last item was a packet of fiafini cleanser.  I'll try it when/if I remember.

 

Got seven items this month due to last month's screwup with the stretch cream being near empty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook

×