e.l.f. Studio: What products would you reccomend?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What items should I avoid? Which ones would you recommend that I should get? I've got a gift card from a family member for my birthday and I don't know what to get. I'd like to avoid getting brushes as I have a ton (including e.l.f. brushes).

Thanks!

1) All ELF cream liners.

2) Lip Exfoliator

3) Translucent High Definition Powder

4) 3-in-1 Mascara (currently out of stock)

5) Mineral Infused Mascara

6) Studio Makeup Lock and Seal (can be used to turn shadows into liners as well as set eyeshadows in place)

7) Face Primer

8) Essential Luscious Liquid Lipsticks.

I have the Transluscent powder and face primer. So love both!!

I am not much fan of their lip glosses though, they are sticky for me.
sadno.gif

The studio blushes are my favorite ELF products.  I especially love Candid Coral, Mellow Mauve, and Tickled Pink.  Their golden bronzer is quite nice too, and their mattifying powder does a solid job.  I have also heard (not tried myself) that the essential bronzer in the lightest shade makes a great highlight if you're looking for one.

I really like all of their products, it just seems like their batches are inconsistent. For instance, a blush will be too chalky and just not work at all, but if I go back to the store and buy the same blush in the same color, its fine. 

Their eyelid primer is no joke! That stuff works. I second the cream liners, as well. Waiting on a big orderfrom them right now, so I am sure I will have more to recommend once it all arrives. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also agree that the quality of their product really jumps from batch to batch. I used to love the old formula on their lip stains, but I think newer batches have a really weird liquidy feel to them.

Genearlly, I like their blushes, esp this golden/yellow one that I use as a highlighter. Similar IMO to albatross by NARS. They have a color corrector palette thing too that's pretty nice. Matte and single eyeshadows are also pretty good. If you have short lashes, they also have a mini-sized eyelash curler (like a 1/3rd sized full curler) which I use fairly regularly too. I also use their primer on a daily basis.

IMO stay away from these Studio products: dual eyeliner/eyeshadow pens, tinted moisturizers (oxidized on me like crazy), dual eyeshadow primer/eyeiner sealer, makeup setting spray, and HD powder.

If you're venturing outside of their Studio line, I really like the mineral line for foundation. They also have a really kick butt breakout powder thing that really helps with my blemishes.

The only thing I can say I wasn't super impressed was is the face primer, it wasn't super special, but it still gets the job done.

Eyelid primer- Like someone else said, its not a joke!!!!!!!! I have had many late nights with intricate eyeshadow on, and have awoke to my eyeshadow completely intact.

Lip Exfoliator- Just got this in my most recent haul from them, I love it, its borderline addicting, and it works!!! 

144 Pallet- I use it mostly every day, some of the colors are chalky, but all the rest are gorgeous. 

Setting Powder- I LOVE this. I have the MUFE HD Powder and I reach for the ELF powder much more often. 

I'm not hesitant to try any of their products, because of how cheap they are. If I hate it, I wont feel bad for tossing it or gifting it.

I stock up on brushes from them every few months.  They are so cheap it's cheaper than buying brush cleaner :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i just got a haul including some of the baked eye shadows (lovely, though not super pigmented), candid coral blush (love), and zit eraser (totally works). i also use the makeup wipes (thin but they work fine) and and blotting tissues.  

seriously for the price, you can't go wrong. sign up for email promos and i'm sure you'll get a decent haul for 20%-50%off.

I went on an ELF binge long ago.  Most $1 essentials line is crap.  

The Studio Line is awesome and the Mineral Line is OK.

I highly recommend their Cream Liner.  I actually have a stash of 6 black cream liners so I can last til the next 50-75% off sale!  If used every day, it lasts me about 3 months each.

The Mineral Line eye primer is awesome!  I have 7 from the last 50% off sale.  

The Studio Line blush/bronzer is good too.  I have 2.  

I have all the Mineral line shadows from their 10 free shadows sale - not crazy about any of them :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I went crazy on their mineral lipsticks... I think it was 10 free lipsticks sale - not crazy about them either because they don't last long on. 

Studio line brushes are good and soft. Essentials line brushes are hit and miss. 

Studio line Lipliner/plumper made my lips bleed so definitely STAY AWAY!

Good luck and Happy Shopping!  Wait for a 50% off sale to get more value for your GC. 

Whoa! Their lip plumper made your lips bleed?
icon_eek.gif

I personally like their cream liners very good.

I hate the "waterproof" eyeliner pen or any of their liquid liners. Too runny and the "waterproof" -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Well, maybe I got a bad batch lol but it wasn't waterproof for me.

Same goes for the "waterproof" mascara. The one with the double wand. Runs like crazy and I wasn't crying, I have no idea how I ended up with that running -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Not to fond of the essentials foundation brush. I like the blending brush a little. The fan brush lol well, that doesn't help 100% with fall outs for me lol >.<

The eyelid primer I think is the best buy. For $1 this does more than the job. If you're going neutral that is. I have a dark skin tone so I can't really expect a huge pop of colour from this so I use my substitutes.

All in all, I do think for the price during tough economic times it's not that bad. Wanna keep a budget but still have your beauty stuff, it's not all bad just some of it lol.

@divadoll - they have 75% off sales?? Gosh, I hope they have one soon, I have over $100 worth of stuff sitting in my cart right now! Haha. Getting it for under $30 would be just fine by me.

Originally Posted by FooFooShnickens /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@divadoll - they have 75% off sales?? Gosh, I hope they have one soon, I have over $100 worth of stuff sitting in my cart right now! Haha. Getting it for under $30 would be just fine by me.
They are having a BOGO 50% off sale right now

You can also use code ECD2 for 50% off the studio line. They only allow one code at a time so you would have to pay for shipping. The only time I remember seeing a 75% off coupon was on Black Friday. 

Yup...75% but it is rare...sometimes it's a surprise sale.
Whoa! Their lip plumper made your lips bleed? :icon_eek: I personally like their cream liners very good. I hate the "waterproof" eyeliner pen or any of their liquid liners. Too runny and the "waterproof" -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Well, maybe I got a bad batch lol but it wasn't waterproof for me. Same goes for the "waterproof" mascara. The one with the double wand. Runs like crazy and I wasn't crying, I have no idea how I ended up with that running -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Not to fond of the essentials foundation brush. I like the blending brush a little. The fan brush lol well, that doesn't help 100% with fall outs for me lol >.< The eyelid primer I think is the best buy. For $1 this does more than the job. If you're going neutral that is. I have a dark skin tone so I can't really expect a huge pop of colour from this so I use my substitutes. All in all, I do think for the price during tough economic times it's not that bad. Wanna keep a budget but still have your beauty stuff, it's not all bad just some of it lol.
Yup...lip was bleeding from the plumper. I tossed it.

Thanks to this thread I just purchased a pretty large haul!  Excited for it to arrive already!

I'm addicted to their lip exfoliator, I've never had my lips so soft before  XD

I'm also am loving the Mineral infused face primer, the 3-in-1 mascara, and the liquid eyeliner

I didn't care for the lip balm, but I'm waiting for a big order on lip products :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I can't wait to try out more products

Latest posts

Back