Sign in to follow this  
zadidoll

Birchbox: The July boxes [Spoilers]

I'd be interested in trading the blinc mascara and harvey prince hello for something else.  Please PM me if interested.  I'd like something Stila.

So I got my Birchbox...It's not the same box that is on my profile. I'm medium skin they sent me bronze in the Jouer which is also a repeat....I will call them soon to see about this.

Update:

I called and found out there was a labeling error in there warehouse.  To correct the issue she changed my box on my account to the one I did receive and she also gave me free box for next month..Which is fine to me...

I did receive the Stila Lip Glaze and the Oscar de la Renta perfume smells really nice. Very good for the summer as well.

The Glaze is nice but after using MAC all week...lol I am running out of my MAC and love it to to much.

Update 2:

It says my comp box will ship July 23?

Women's 1-Month Comp
Shipping:
July 23, 2012

BBW-Comp-1Month

Thats odd....

My box arrived today and just after that the feedback buttons showed up on my profile. I got Box#20. I'm happy with it.

I got Box #16 and was pretty happy with it. I've been wanting to try the Eyeko eye liner and the Harvey Prince perfume in Hello smells nice. The Tea Forté minteas is in the flavor Lemongrass Yuzu and they're good. Unfortunately, one of the speakers in my earbuds doesn't work. Big Sad Face. :-( Anyone else have problems with their earbuds not working?

The earbuds are like dollar store headphones, not great sound quality anyway. I got box 7, and I loved everything in it except for the headphones, which were a fun extra anyway. pretty ironic for me, since a few weeks prior my own headphones broke right before a long airplane flight.

Originally Posted by pookiebear81 View Post

Unfortunately, one of the speakers in my earbuds doesn't work. Big Sad Face. :-( Anyone else have problems with their earbuds not working?

I'm so annoyed at myself--lol I keep forgetting to review the items from Birchbox. from the past couple months, I missed out on at least 100 BB pts. must remember in the future!

One thing I've noticed about one side of earbuds not working:  Sometimes you just have to turn the plug and/or jiggle it a little.  

In unrelated news that I feel like sharing anyway, I had so many incoming packages (Birchbox, LBB, and BPAL) yesterday that the mailman (most likely the cute guy who my black kitten will stare down instead of hiding like he usually does whenever anyone comes up the stairs to my apartment) left me a USPS plastic bin.  The gray kitten *loves* it.  I'm going to feel bad about taking away his toy when I leave it for USPS pickup.

Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

One thing I've noticed about one side of earbuds not working:  Sometimes you just have to turn the plug and/or jiggle it a little.  

Plus, always make sure the plug is ALL the way in the outlet. If it isn't, you won't get sound in both sides.

I got box four.  =]  I liked a few others (box 14!), but I'm still very happy with box four.  The eyeko is something I've wanted to get in past boxes, the Boscia blotting sheets are pricey (I think like $12, we have them at work), I wanted to try the new Larabar (has honey though, so technically not vegan), everything else is a nice little plus.  =D

Originally Posted by americanclassic View Post

The earbuds are like dollar store headphones, not great sound quality anyway. I got box 7, and I loved everything in it except for the headphones, which were a fun extra anyway. pretty ironic for me, since a few weeks prior my own headphones broke right before a long airplane flight.

I'm so annoyed at myself--lol I keep forgetting to review the items from Birchbox. from the past couple months, I missed out on at least 100 BB pts. must remember in the future!

Yes, I know they aren't good quality but still it would be nice if they actually worked. What's the use of getting extras if they don't work.

Ok, I'm annoyed. I went to buy the Suki cleanser from BB because they have it and I want to use my points. The cleanser is one of the products in the Suki balancing sample this month, but because they sampled the balancing routine and NOT just the cleanser, the cleanser alone isn't free shipping. So that means that my 20% off coupon is negated, because with tax and shipping, I'm paying more than what the 20% discount is.

Realistically, I'll still buy it because it's $32 regularly and only $13 with my points, but it's crap like this that irritates me. I'm going to tweet them. If something is a sample, it should be free shipping! It is the exact product that is featured in the box!

On my bb box page it's telling me that I'm getting the Hello pefume "50ml"...(box 29).

Is this a type-o or am I really getting the 50ml bottle?? That would make up for the Lara

bar and earbuds, and the stainiac repeat!

Originally Posted by whydoyuask View Post

On my bb box page it's telling me that I'm getting the Hello pefume "50ml"...(box 29).

Is this a type-o or am I really getting the 50ml bottle?? That would make up for the Lara

bar and earbuds, and the stainiac repeat!

No, that's just the link to the full-size product. You will get a sample vial. The pictures below the box aren't representative of the size you will receive. Hope that helps! smile.gif

Thanks.

Now I'm going to sulk about my first world bb problems.

:(

Anyone wanna trade? I have a couple Stila pen liners in brn and blue, and a Stainiac

I'll be willing to let go of.

I'd like the Stila bronzer from last month or maybe the lip glazes, or just about anything else. I'm easy.

I got box #6.  Pretty happy with it...   Eau d'Hadrien sample Boscia BB cream sample Color club nail polish (pale blue) sample Stila lip glaze, full size :-))) Tea Forte mints Earbuds   Shipping weight was 0.6020

Originally Posted by pookiebear81 View Post

Yes, I know they aren't good quality but still it would be nice if they actually worked. What's the use of getting extras if they don't work.

I agree.  Mine sound like crap too.

The ear phones are good if you want to listen to a talk show or podcast, not if you want to listen to music..

Originally Posted by yanelib27 View Post

The ear phones are good if you want to listen to a talk show or podcast, not if you want to listen to music..

I was using mine to listen to an audiobook Lol. Sounds fine when using it for that.