Birchbox sent me a bonus gift to thank me for my loyalty!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone else get this?

It's a leather keychain for chapstick/lipgloss

That's cool.  I was wondering what they'd do now that they've kind of eliminated the pink box for 13th month subscribers that have gotten a year sub or some such thing.  They had been sending out the notices a few months ago that they'd give you a special treat on your 12th or 13th month, although I'm not sure if it means that you have to be month to month or annual.  I'm waiting for a promotion to go annual on one of my accounts.  Thanks for showing us!

I don't think so... I recently upgraded to an annual subscription though

Im going on my second year with BB.  I did receive one and I was totally impressed!  I think it was awesome of them and totally unexpected. I think because it was unexpected that I enjoyed it that much more. 

Something to be said about customer service... things like this dont happen often enough with companies that we normally spend tons of money with.

I got one too! I've been a member for a year but haven't upgraded to annual yet.

Originally Posted by wagz379 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got one too! I've been a member for a year but haven't upgraded to annual yet.
Ooh, that's good to know!  I'm not at my year mark yet but it's great that they reward the month to month members too.  Way to go, Birchbox!

I got one, but it doesn't seem tied to an anniversary.  I've been subscribed since May 2011 (so this is my 15th month overall), and I upgraded to annual in February (so 5th month on that one).  I also got the email with the 25% off code, but...  It seems to cancel free shipping for $50+ orders.  I've got about $90 worth of stuff in my cart.  When I apply the code, I'm charged shipping.  When I remove the code, no shipping.  It doesn't matter whether I have a ship-free item in there or not.  I'm cranky enough to whine about this and send email to Birchbox, but I have to go to work right now and don't have time to compose the email.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got one, but it doesn't seem tied to an anniversary.  I've been subscribed since May 2011 (so this is my 15th month overall), and I upgraded to annual in February (so 5th month on that one).  I also got the email with the 25% off code, but...  It seems to cancel free shipping for $50+ orders.  I've got about $90 worth of stuff in my cart.  When I apply the code, I'm charged shipping.  When I remove the code, no shipping.  It doesn't matter whether I have a ship-free item in there or not.  I'm cranky enough to whine about this and send email to Birchbox, but I have to go to work right now and don't have time to compose the email.
That sucks!  So not fair, I hate having to bother with trivialities that should work, it always works that way for everyone, I wonder what's up?  Did I miss a 25% off code email or is it just for members that are on a certain month anniversary?  I have some points that are burning a hole in my pocket - $60 worth.  With 25% off and free shipping (if it works, sheesh) that could get me some pretty good stuff.  Probably a splurge item that I normally would have a hard time paying full price for.  Rose cream?  Maybe . . . 

It's pretty nice since it's leather too. I'm a monthly subscriber & got the keychain a few days ago. I've been a member for 1 year & 2 months.

Nope, I never get the trinkets nor (apparently) the anniversary codes ever since I didn't use the first one. 

Nope, I never get the trinkets nor (apparently) the anniversary codes ever since I didn't use the first one. 
Same here and I have been with them 15 months. Not cool.

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:  
Same here and I have been with them 15 months. Not cool.
Weird!  What's up with the double standard?  I have been hoarding points and keep almost using them but that makes me want to use my next anniversary code to make sure that I keep getting them.  It's one of the best perks of BB.  I'm just trying to save up enough points to really take the sting out of a high end priced serum or facial mask or cream along with the 20% off.  I have $60 worth now, but I missed the window on my last coupon.  I thought I saw someone posting something about at 25% off coupon recently but I didn't get that one.  Could have read it wrong or maybe they were thinking of the 20%?  I do think they send people different offers sometimes, like one time you'll get "get a free earth friendly bag with purchase" email whereas someone else might get the "get the free water bottle with purchase".  I'd love to be able to see into their thinking and how the boxes, codes, emails and ideas get divvied up, I just don't understand it sometimes.  I'm kind of afraid that the being able to use a 20% off coupon plus codes plus free shipping will go away soon, before I'm able to use mine.  It just seems too good to be true . . . 

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I do think they send people different offers sometimes, like one time you'll get "get a free earth friendly bag with purchase" email whereas someone else might get the "get the free water bottle with purchase". 
I think those are just haphazardly-sent emails because those offers typically do appear on the main Birchbox page (the Baggu offer isn't there right now, but I do remember seeing it there before.  I think I received the email about the free water bottle as well as the one about the free bracelet several days after they initially showed up on the site), so the offers are officially available for everyone, even if you're not a subscriber.

I didn't get one and I've been a member since February 2011.  Kind of WTF to not get one?  I guess it would be kind of WTF-ish to email and complain that I didn't get a loyalty gift, but um... I am kind of annoyed!  

Back