The Natural Beauty Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I hopped upon a beauty subscription service called The Natural Beauty Box and from what I see it looks pretty good. It's for only 100% natural beauty products and it's $20 / month with shipping ($15.75 / month if you subscribe for a year) and you get 6-15 deluxe samples. Any opinions? I'm thinking of subbing cause it looks like it's the best 100% natural service that has a good amount of samples for the price. http://thenaturalbeautybox.com/

<3

Gina

I'm not sure about this one.  The girls in the video on the right side of the home page talk like they are the ones who put the box together, and make all the videos for the company.  

The website says it copyrighted 2011-2012, but I did a domain search and they just bought the domain in May 2012 and they are based in Toronto Ontario.  They only started as a company at the end of 2011 and have one store in London Ontario (basically a room with a few shelves-http://www.thenaturalbeautystore.com/GALLERY.html).

The concept sounds great but after the Glossybox issues I'm a bit of a skeptic and hesitant to give out my cc #.  But then I was one of the first to sign up for Kara's Way and I'm loving that subscription.

The only way to subscribe is Paypal.  So I tried it for one month.  At least they won't have my cc #, and it is easy to remove the subscription from the Paypal account.

The fact that the samples are natural and the 6-15 / box also has me buzzing :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I subscribed for 1 month, I'll let you guys know how it goes!

I browsed through their online store and there are just not many products to chose from, with lots of empty categories.  Also saw a misspelled word, which bugs me on a commercial site.  Feels a bit rushed and unpolished to me, but you never know. 

The video (with the two ladies) seemed to be a bit unpolished and thrown together, if they are indeed the ones making the box/promoting the company. (That's just from my honest opinion of watching the entire thing.) They girls were saying different things on the amount of samples you get, and how natural the products are (one said 90-100%, the website says 95-100% (those should be details that you have down pat if people are going to order a box on the basis that your company is selling organic products.) It just seemed a little inconclusive.

That being said though, It could wind up being a good company and I like that they are mentioning not using foil samples in their boxes. The video, and the typos on the website made me a little unsure right now though. I think it will be an interesting company to watch and to see how things turn out. I won't subscribe until I see how the first few boxes look & hear reviews on customer service. 

personally havent been impressed with any 'all-natural' makeup I have received in any of my boxes, so I will pass on this one. Also, the 6-15 range is hard to grasp. So if they give out 6 samples, you cant really say you expected more. I really doubt they will send out 16 samples in a box, but maybe thats the cynic in me. Although for 20.00 a month, they kind of HAVE to send more than 6 samples, or include some full size products.

YAY I won the giveaway! I can't wait to get my box!!! Did anyone else on here win?

I contacted them actually and they said that I can get the september box free now instead of two August boxes so that is pretty sweet.

Originally Posted by BeautyGal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

YAY I won the giveaway! I can't wait to get my box!!! Did anyone else on here win?

I contacted them actually and they said that I can get the september box free now instead of two August boxes so that is pretty sweet.
congrats! I am actually looking into this box, I just cancelled sample society so I'm looking to sub something else.  I watched a youtube video and the stuff seems really cool.  $20/month is a bit steep for me though...

I signed up...if I like this one I will probably get rid of all my subscriptions...myglam, birchbox, eco-emi

I was curious about this one so I went hunting. This is a copy and paste directly from their site:

"WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT IN MY NATURAL BEAUTY BOX?

Every month is different, but we guarantee a minimum of 10 deluxe 95-100% Natural  samples in EVERY SINGLE box. The Natural Beauty Box is always packaged with style, so it makes a great gift for anyone! The Natural Beauty Box gives you the chance to try 10-15 different products from natural brands without having to buy full sized right away, so it saves you a ton! All samples in The Natural Beauty Box are deluxe, meaning they're very usable (at least .1 oz with the exception of vials for perfumes) and aren't in foil sample packs. Every box comes with a guide on what the products are, useful beauty tips and tons of coupons for every product in the box. If you love the sample, you can just pop onto The Natural Beauty Store and get the full size with a discount, as well as check out other natural products we carry! "

Minimum of 10 samples and no foil packets. My interest is piqued...

Oh yea! It's like getting a glam bag and a birchbox with out foil samples and all natural! What could be better...I couldn't help myself.

so the last email i got from them was that they shipped out on the 30th of July.

Anybody got shipping confirmation?

Hello Beautiful!

Thank you for signing up to The Natural Beauty Box! Your natural beauty box will ship on JULY 30th and will arrive early August. Some of the items you will receive in the August box will come from Delizioso Skincare, Temptations Bath n' Body, Gen Botanicals, Renu-Derma, and 100% Pure!

All the items are natural, contain certified organic ingredients and are eco-friendly! THE NATURAL BEAUTY BOX, brought to you by The Natural Beauty Store, is a beautiful, affordable, and one of the only 100% Natural month to month subscription beauty boxes in the world. Filled with 6-15 SUPER SAMPLES (no foil samples) and delivered straight to your door every month, The Natural Beauty Box makes a great gift, and gives you a chance to try top quality products for just $20 per month. Love the box? Get super saving when purchasing ahead, as well as discounts when purchasing full-sizes of the products from our parent company, The Natural Beauty Store.

We know that you will fall in love with the stuff in the box. That is why you get exclusive coupons to our online store (www.TheNaturalBeautyStore.com) right in this box! These special coupons are only available to subscribers and have to be used up before the next first date of the next month. These are super savers so do take advantage and get the products you loved.

We also want you to be super happy with your purchases and that is why we offer a rewards program on our site. Once you do place an order, it will be sent off in eco-packaging and you can collect points for free products.

Be beautiful. Be natural. Be glam.

The Natural Beauty Box Staff

XOXOXO

Actually I am a bit angry with this company. I ordered and paid in June. I got an email shortly thereafter stating they would be delaying shipping until August. I received this in my email today. 

The lovely August box, filled with tons of natural samples, will be on your doorstep before August 27th.  
(Delivery time depends on your location as well as the postal service. Most boxes will come earlier than the 27th.)

Sounds to me like SEPTEMBER!! I totally feel .... 
wtf.gif

Actually, I looked when I paid and it was May 24th!! GRRRRRR

Originally Posted by Tuscanyb450 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The lovely August box, filled with tons of natural samples, will be on your doorstep before August 27th.  

(Delivery time depends on your location as well as the postal service. Most boxes will come earlier than the 27th.)

Sounds to me like SEPTEMBER!! I totally feel .... 
wtf.gif
I got the same email, I think they mean that the August box has been shipped and will arrive before August 27th...

Hello Beautiful!

We just wanted to let you know that the August box is heading your way!

(Delivery time depends on your location as well as the postal service. Most boxes will come earlier than the 27th.)

I saw that too. This will be my first and last box I'll be getting from them. A month to recieve a box is a little too far out...especially since we paid months ahead of time. I don't believe it's a recurring payment so there's no need to contact them for cancellation. I paid through paypal and I didn't see them on the list for recurring payments. With that said, I'm still kind of excited to see on what we're getting.

Yes, I paid by Paypal too. I don't see a re-occurring payment setup. Apparently, they are out of Canada.

After GoGoGirlfriiend, I am a tad jumpy when it comes to a company who have product issues before their launch box is even out.

I thought I would get it this month but apparently not. I guess I signed up late :/

Latest posts

Back