Most recent purchases?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What are your most recent purchases?

I got an ELF kit in purple. It's the one with 3 eyeshadows, eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow brush and sharpener. The colors are really pretty, but I'm upset my favorite color in the set isn't really pigmented.

I also just got Joico K-pac shampoo from Ulta. They're doing a deal where some shampoo/conditioner is $12[it's mostly bed head] and some is $15. But they're huge sizes. The Bed Head is like 20 oz and the Joico is like 33 oz. On drugstore.com right now the 33 oz Joico is priced at like $30. They also have a shampoo by AG that's sulfate free. It's only $15 for the bottle and it retails for $50 for that size.

I might go back and get this thing called Fast Food by AG since it's on sale. It's a leave in conditioner and the women at my Ulta said it's basically an accelerated conditioner that works two times faster than most at replenishing moisture.

Being on a low buy, I haven't been doing much purchasing, but it sounds like you got some great deals there! I think that my most recent purchase was three bottles from the Wet n Wild Fergie collection--nail polish is my weakness.

Since I'm heading to Vegas at the end of the week I've been forcing myself to remain on my no-buy. Kind of hard so I don't go out to the stores. It's easier said than done.

Recent purchases:

• Sinful Colors nail polish in Leap Frog, Ocean Side & Rain Storm. $1.99 each at Walgreens.

• Two Maybelline Tattoo shadows at Ulta. $6.99 first one, $3.50 second one. Used a $3.50 off $10 coupon as well as two $1 off coupons.
  • In that same transaction also picked up a free bottle of Orly polish in Peacock. If you have a local Ulta and print out the front page of Seventeen.com or have the magazine go get your free mini bottle of polish.
  • In that same transaction I bought my daughter an Ulta mineralized shadow for $4.
  • In that same transaction I bought two Ulta eyeliners at a $1 each.

I know I made another Ulta purchase... oh yes, the day before that I bought two Rimmel lip liners because I FINALLY found someone who sold the color I love so much as well as four NYX Round lipsticks and used another $3.50 off $10 coupon off of that.

I posted a small haul from my shopping trip last week here

Items I forgot/didn't include were a Nails Inc. polish in Portobello, Urban Outfitters polish in Sea Dust, Love & Beauty (Forever 21) polish in Grey Violet and then Lush's I Love Juicy shampoo and a Buffy bar. 

Impulse buys at Walmart the other day were a Wet 'n Wild trio in I'm Getting Sunburned (so didn't work for me, bummer), Essie polish in Fiji, Maybelline Color Show polish in Twilight Rays, L'oreal Infallible eyeshadow in Endless Sea and a few Not Your Mother's hair products: the sea-salt spray, dry shampoo and heat protectant. 

2 $1 quads by ELF (in Butternut and Day 2 Night), ELF cream eyeliner in black and Plum Purple, Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Punch and a NYX Matte lipstick in Nude.

how can i get that stuff in affordable price? can someone help me? or a cheap online?

I just received a neat little kit from Groupon Goods, it has a Skinny Girl Margarita scented shower gel, lotion and scrub, a tinted lip balm and flavored lip gloss. I also got a jar of Wild Rose bath salts and an Origins lipstick and gel blush.

how can i get that stuff in affordable price? can someone help me? or a cheap online?  
ELF is www.eyeslipsface.com. They are every inexpensive and even cheaper when thy have a sale.

Originally Posted by Autumn Dahy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I broke and finally cashed in my Birchbox points and got a Clarisonic Mia. I ended up spending $20. It was the best $20 I've spent on skincare ever! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I luuuuuurve my Mia. Seriously. The reason I didn't buy it on BB was because I wanted the turquoise one and they didn't have it, but I love that thing. Also, LOVE your avatar.

I just bought Omnia Bvlgari perfume, Nars blush in Deep Throat, Cargo's Swimmables eye liner, Benefit Paint Pot in skinny jeans, a Stila shade stick sort of thing, and some more Benefit moisturizer (it's been two years and it's still hands down my favorite) and Suki Foaming Exfoliator. Oh and I got a free LM mascara with my purchase at Sephora

Hello, my name is Molly and I like to impulse purchase makeup. On the plus side, it's better for my waistline if I makeup shop instead of binge eat!

So my latest purchase are four of the Milani shadows that are CVS exclusives to compare against Sugarpill's.

Since I'm on a no-buy, I'm not allowed to buy any "fun" stuff, only the things I run out of and don't have backups of. Here's what I've purchased this month:

• Simple Skincare Soothing Facial Toner
  • Suave Kids Double Dutch Apple Detangling Spray
So, nothing too exciting, but some products I'm pretty pleased with!

I went a little nuts with my 20% friends and family discount at Ulta last week.  I got Redken Extreme conditioner liter, Pureology Hydrate liter, 2 different Pureology hairsprays, Zoya polish, a new Rusk shampoo, the Benefit skincare trial pack, then went back for the full size Benefit moisturizer, Purity cleansing wipes, the Philososphy Sweet Sips set and some trial size Pureology stuff for my niece.  I'm kicking myself for not going back a 3rd time for makeup, but the Ulta by me had so many empty shelves I probably wouldn't have found anything anyway.

**20% off Friends and Family is good on everything in the store including the salon, fragrance and prestige lines.  I get these coupons each quarter and usually have a couple hundred to hand out.  If you'd like any, the next ones should come out in Oct and I can mail them out a few weeks early.  Just PM me your info.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So my latest purchase are four of the Milani shadows that are CVS exclusives to compare against Sugarpill's.
I keep checking my local CVS so I can get some backups and I still can't find them. Booo. My town stinks on getting anything in on time.

My two latest purchases were from Sephora. It's been awhile since I really wanted something from there but they had some nice little goodies: Hello Kitty Compact mirror for 6 bucks, Sephora IT cream blush brush for $11, UD 24/7 pencil stash for $12 (of which I got 4, those things are amazing and the colors are great for on the run looks which I constantly do), Benefit Coral my world that has the mini sun beam highlighter which I have yet to try and a mini coralista, I like travel size items, and a Anastasia brow prep set with the brow gel, an HG for me, and another set of tweezers. I can never have too many tweezers imo. Of course I also got tons of samples so I look forward to those as well. 

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I luuuuuurve my Mia. Seriously. The reason I didn't buy it on BB was because I wanted the turquoise one and they didn't have it, but I love that thing. Also, LOVE your avatar.
I'm in love with it too! I think BB actually carries the turquoise one now because I was debating when I bought it whether I wanted that one or the baby pink one. I love pink, so it won by default! My skin is so much smoother now and I can tell that my face just soaks any product I put on it right up! I'm glad I was able to get it so cheaply, because it is a little bit of a pricy investment!

Aww, thanks for the complement. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My MOST recent purchase was the Allure Fall Beauty Box. But, I bought WAY too much this month. I'm doing a Collective Haul post on my blog for July, and as I'm writing about everything, I'm ultimately deciding to do a no-buy for the month of Aug. (with the exception of everything I'm still expecting in the mail + my Birchbox and MyGlam).

Originally Posted by shandimessmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My MOST recent purchase was the Allure Fall Beauty Box. 
Mine too. I also bought a Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser (in the Brightener shade). Two bottle of Caldrea's Mandarin Vetiver hand lotion (LOVE!). Hawaiian Tropic Sunscreen SPF 4 (to use as lotion, but it smells like plastic). Queen Helene Olive Oil Masque (for my legs). Sally Hansen Airbrush Shimmer. L'oreal 360 Clean for sensitive skin (broke me out and covered in scabs YUCK!!!!).  

I've been trying/needing to behave on shopping for a long time but have a mini trip coming up and needed/wanted a few things so recently went to ULTA and purchased the Wella Conditioner, Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner, Macadamia Oil Hair Mask, Two Revlon Lip Butters. Then today, I. Went out and purchased a few mini Moonlight Path and Warm Vanilla Sugar bath gels and lotions as well as a cute little car scent portable that looks like a little pink cupcake and some scents to go in there. Victoria's Secret, several of the bath/body products in Sheer Love and Moonlight Dream. At Sephora, the tinter mineral veil by BE, Fresh mini Supernova Mascara (my fave) and Soy Face Cleanser (no idea how this will be but needed a travel size), Anastasia Clear Brow Gel Mini (which I also love), Boscia Oil Free Hydration (My fave face cream but they changed something about it recently including where it is made and while still good, something is different about it), the Tarte Mini Set with the Bronzer and Blush, and the one that I am super excited about...I got the new NARS lipstick in Autum Leaves, yet to try it but looks stunning! I also asked them to make me a little sample of the DKNY London fragrance, smells fantastic! I also went and got some new patent heels and some light sweaters in fall colors. A lot of the stuff was mini so I wasn't as bad as it sounds... :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Insider's Choice Box from Beauty Bar, Benefit LunchBox, 2 pairs of shoes for work, and a kate spade bag. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

An order from Shea Terra including:

Rose Hips Black Soap Deep Pore Face Wash and Mask

Bourbon Vanilla Whipped Shea Butter Body Creme

Marula Whipped Shea Butter Body Creme

Latest posts

Back