xoxelizabeth189

Most recent purchases?

Anastasia brow pomade in ebony and Make Up Forever eyeshadow #4. Never had a high end black eyeshadow but its the best! So soft and blendable. Good for day and night. I wear it everyday! :) Best purchases ever!!!

So uh whoops. The drugstore next to the store where I work was having a 20x Air Miles promotion. 

I may have come home with three of those L'Oreal Gold Dust polishes in Too Dimensional?, Sexy in Sequins, and Hidden Gems as well as two of those new Maybelline Color Show Kohl pencils in Green Envy and Vibrant Violet. 

As if I needed 4 more blushes and more eyeshadow...but they were on clearance for $3 each at Dollar General and I couldn't help myself. Maybelline color tattoo in Tough as Taupe Maybelline dream bouncy blush in fresh pink, pink plum and rose petal Covergirl clean glow blush in peaches 400

Got my Ulta order in today.  I think I will be returning all these palettes though.  I bought them impulsively and have been doing research and hearing ok things about them.  I think I will swatch in store and if I do not like, return them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightsgirl View Post

As if I needed 4 more blushes and more eyeshadow...but they were on clearance for $3 each at Dollar General and I couldn't help myself.

Maybelline color tattoo in Tough as Taupe
Maybelline dream bouncy blush in fresh pink, pink plum and rose petal
Covergirl clean glow blush in peaches

Ooo you should definitely let us know what you think about those bouncy blushes once you've had a chance to use them!  I'm considering picking one up the next time I see them.  Love the colors you chose!

I purchased the Kiss Nails Gel Dress nail strips in French Dip, Sugar and Spice, and French Toast.  I'm on this antique floral kick right now.  I think I have spring fever.

Yesterday I got a baked blush by E.L.F in the color Pinktastic, somewhat disappointed by the color payoff. I think it works better as a highlight. 
I got the Seattle baked eyeshadow palette and feel the same. Not impressed by the color pay off AT ALL. Haven't played with it much yet, so I'm hoping to make it work.

Well no buy is officially over for the month. That being said.... Went to walmart and ended up getting the Revlon matte balm in elusive (I like these but the color isn't what I thought it would be. Still like it though!) the Rimmel scandaleyes liner in nude (love!), a new bottle of seche vite, and a new covergirl clump crusher....didn't realize how much I actually liked this mascara until I ran out. Love it for my bottom lashes during the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorgb View Post

Ooo you should definitely let us know what you think about those bouncy blushes once you've had a chance to use them!  I'm considering picking one up the next time I see them.  Love the colors you chose!

I could never get the bouncy blushes to work for me.  I thought the texture was really cool, but I tried applying them with my fingers and with a brush, but  I couldn't get enough color/pigment out of them and I have fair skin!!!  Hopefully you guys will have better luck with these than I did.  I love that Color Tattoo, Tough as Taupe is one of my favorites.

I've been on a NYX fit lately. I ordered the Butt Naked Eyes palette and a little set the name of which I cannot remember; I can hardly call it a palette because it is very small; it contains 9 neutral shadows and two lip glosses. The Butt Naked Eyes is a really nice set that also includes four blushes, a bronzer and two illuminators. I also picked up Pinched blush, three lipsticks (Topaz, Minimalist and Lala) and a bronzer-blush combo, I think the color is called Ibiza.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallison View Post

I could never get the bouncy blushes to work for me.  I thought the texture was really cool, but I tried applying them with my fingers and with a brush, but  I couldn't get enough color/pigment out of them and I have fair skin!!!  Hopefully you guys will have better luck with these than I did.  I love that Color Tattoo, Tough as Taupe is one of my favorites.

Thank you so much for sharing your opinion of them!!  Maybe now I can resist the cuteness of them.  Or if I can't, I'll at least buy just one ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorgb View Post

Thank you so much for sharing your opinion of them!!  Maybe now I can resist the cuteness of them.  Or if I can't, I'll at least buy just one ;)

Its a love it or hate it kind of product...hopefully it works for you!!  Maybelline is usually one of my only drugstore "go to" brands...I love the Fit Me Concealer, the Color Tattoo cream shadows, the new nude lipstick line, some of their mascaras are good; I was really hoping to like those, but I couldn't make it work, and I recently went through my stash and I had two of these that didn't make the cut and ended up in the trash.

I have been a little make-up crazy lately. I donated "my stash" as I call it to my 13 year old cousin just so I have an excuse to buy new and re-stock. My fiance is about to have a coronary. lol. :) Recent purchases include:

Cover FX Total Cover Cream Foundation in N30 ($42) - Ohhhhhmygoodness. I feel like I have found the Holy Grail of foundations here. Completely matte and keeps it that way. My face neverrrr looks like an oil slick now. Woo hoo. :)

Smashbox More Than Primer ($42) - Had to splurge on this. So far it seems to be helping control my breakouts. Plus, you can never go wrong with Smashbox primers.

stila In The Light palette ($39) - This will be my first stila experience. :o This is on order from Amazon's new luxury department. My works gives out 100$ gift cards every so often for a staying healthy bonus, and they didn't offer a Sephora option this time... just Wal-Mart and Amazon. So, I thought I'd use that 100$ towards some new make-up plus try Amazon's new luxury service. Two birds, one stone, right? Can anyone give reviews on this if you've tried it? :)

Maybelline ColorSensation Gloss in Captivating Coral ($5.50) - I love love love coral lip colors.

Flower Loose Powder in Shade L02 ($8.00) - I actually hate this, it is entirely too dark for me and I'll actually try to sell or trade this probably.

LORAC Unzipped Palette ($40) - This will also be my first LORAC experience. And again.. this is on order from Amazon. Reviews on this palette as well?

LORAC Front Cover Amazon Exclusive Collection (Limited Edition) ($32) - Okay... it's limited edition, so I HAD to add this to my bag too. lol. :) It's going to include: 4 single eyeshadows in After Party, Cellebutante, Star Quality, & Delight ; PRO mascara ; Baked Blush in Velvet Rope ; and Lips With Benefits gloss in Nick. All 7 items are full-size plus there's a LORAC make-up bag that comes with it.

So... in addition to my ipsy, Birchbox, & Beauty Box 5 coming in the mail... I'm also freaking out wanting this other stuff to come in too. :)

I have been a little make-up crazy lately. I donated "my stash" as I call it to my 13 year old cousin just so I have an excuse to buy new and re-stock. My fiance is about to have a coronary. lol. :) Recent purchases include: Cover FX Total Cover Cream Foundation in N30 ($42) - Ohhhhhmygoodness. I feel like I have found the Holy Grail of foundations here. Completely matte and keeps it that way. My face neverrrr looks like an oil slick now. Woo hoo. :)Smashbox More Than Primer ($42) - Had to splurge on this. So far it seems to be helping control my breakouts. Plus, you can never go wrong with Smashbox primers. stila In The Light palette ($39) - This will be my first stila experience. :o This is on order from Amazon's new luxury department. My works gives out 100$ gift cards every so often for a staying healthy bonus, and they didn't offer a Sephora option this time... just Wal-Mart and Amazon. So, I thought I'd use that 100$ towards some new make-up plus try Amazon's new luxury service. Two birds, one stone, right? Can anyone give reviews on this if you've tried it? :)Maybelline ColorSensation Gloss in Captivating Coral ($5.50) - I love love love coral lip colors. Flower Loose Powder in Shade L02 ($8.00) - I actually hate this, it is entirely too dark for me and I'll actually try to sell or trade this probably. LORAC Unzipped Palette ($40) - This will also be my first LORAC experience. And again.. this is on order from Amazon. Reviews on this palette as well? LORAC Front Cover Amazon Exclusive Collection (Limited Edition) ($32) - Okay... it's limited edition, so I HAD to add this to my bag too. lol. :) It's going to include: 4 single eyeshadows in After Party, Cellebutante, Star Quality, & Delight ; PRO mascara ; Baked Blush in Velvet Rope ; and Lips With Benefits gloss in Nick. All 7 items are full-size plus there's a LORAC make-up bag that comes with it. So... in addition to my ipsy, Birchbox, & Beauty Box 5 coming in the mail... I'm also freaking out wanting this other stuff to come in too. :)
I freaking love the Stila In the Light Palette. The shadows aren't super soft or buttery, but they blend really well and the color selection is fabulous. Who doesn't want Kitten in their life? Perfect highlight, perfect for inner corner of the eye, perfect to go under or over other colors and transform them. I bought this as an individual shadow as well. Bliss is my go to transition shade for my crease, and then you have a great selection of light, medium, and dark colors that all work really well with each other. This is perfect for a summery copper smoky eye. I know a lot of people hate on the smudge sticks that come in these palettes but mine worked great, it's a dark matte brown perfect for the water line without being too harsh. There's so many really cool looks that you can do with this palette. I am pretty fair with blonde hair and there are a lot of color combinations that work on me. I also like that both a black and a brown are included to darken things up. I don't think this palette gets enough love. I have the In the Garden palette and I really enjoy that as well, will probably use it a lot this spring. These palettes are good for travel, for me the packaging is not luxurious, but it's not ugly so I can deal with that. My In the Light has a mirror, but my In the Garden does not..weird. Hope this is helpful, I think you will really enjoy this! I want to get my hands on the unzipped palette, but I'm working on using what I already have. Hear great things about this one too!

Quote:

I freaking love the Stila In the Light Palette. The shadows aren't super soft or buttery, but they blend really well and the color selection is fabulous. Who doesn't want Kitten in their life? Perfect highlight, perfect for inner corner of the eye, perfect to go under or over other colors and transform them. I bought this as an individual shadow as well. Bliss is my go to transition shade for my crease, and then you have a great selection of light, medium, and dark colors that all work really well with each other. This is perfect for a summery copper smoky eye. I know a lot of people hate on the smudge sticks that come in these palettes but mine worked great, it's a dark matte brown perfect for the water line without being too harsh. There's so many really cool looks that you can do with this palette. I am pretty fair with blonde hair and there are a lot of color combinations that work on me. I also like that both a black and a brown are included to darken things up. I don't think this palette gets enough love. I have the In the Garden palette and I really enjoy that as well, will probably use it a lot this spring. These palettes are good for travel, for me the packaging is not luxurious, but it's not ugly so I can deal with that. My In the Light has a mirror, but my In the Garden does not..weird. Hope this is helpful, I think you will really enjoy this!

I want to get my hands on the unzipped palette, but I'm working on using what I already have. Hear great things about this one too!

You are a doll for reviewing this for me. And you suprised me as well because I didn't even realize a smudge stick came with the palette. When I read your review I went back and looked at it on Amazon, and it does! This makes me soooo super happy cause I wanted to try one but didn't want to fork over that much money for an eyeliner when my go-to is only 5$ lol.

I think I'm more excited about the Unzipped than I am the In the Light... I just think it's going to get more use. I'll let you know if it lives up to the hype! :)

Got my Sephora perfume order today with the 3x points.

Got the 2 glamglows and Floribotanica for my 3 samples and used the code SCENT4U for the black bag and 7 samples.  I got the classic crush one.

You are a doll for reviewing this for me. And you suprised me as well because I didn't even realize a smudge stick came with the palette. When I read your review I went back and looked at it on Amazon, and it does! This makes me soooo super happy cause I wanted to try one but didn't want to fork over that much money for an eyeliner when my go-to is only 5$ lol. I think I'm more excited about the Unzipped than I am the In the Light... I just think it's going to get more use. I'll let you know if it lives up to the hype! :)
I think Unzipped has better overall quality of the shadows, I am sure you will love it....you really have me thinking about it now...I'm snowed in so there's nothing to do but look at makeup online!!:rolleyes:

Quote:

I think Unzipped has better overall quality of the shadows, I am sure you will love it....you really have me thinking about it now...I'm snowed in so there's nothing to do but look at makeup online!!rolleyes.gif

I'm snowed it too! lol. And I'm having to resist the urge to take advantage of UD's Friends & Fanatics sale! lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustlust View Post

I'm snowed it too! lol. And I'm having to resist the urge to take advantage of UD's Friends & Fanatics sale! lol.

Don't even start, haha .  Too Faced has 20% off too.  So many good sales.  I must not buy all the makeup!!  and I just made a Sephora fragrance purchase this afternoon...so bad!!

Got my Sephora perfume order today with the 3x points. LL Got the 2 glamglows and Floribotanica for my 3 samples and used the code SCENT4U for the black bag and 7 samples.  I got the classic crush one.
I got that juicy rollerball too!! Love it!
  • Like 1

Quote:

Don't even start, haha .  Too Faced has 20% off too.  So many good sales.  I must not buy all the makeup!!  and I just made a Sephora fragrance purchase this afternoon...so bad!!

I am blaming you for the order I just placed on Too Faced. lol. They are my weakness, that's why I unsubscribed to their mailing list. I was spending hundreds on their sales because you can get sooooo much for so little. So, yeah... Too Faced 20% off sale has officially been shopped. My fiance is going to kill me. ;x lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustlust View Post

I am blaming you for the order I just placed on Too Faced. lol. They are my weakness, that's why I unsubscribed to their mailing list. I was spending hundreds on their sales because you can get sooooo much for so little. So, yeah... Too Faced 20% off sale has officially been shopped. My fiance is going to kill me. ;x lol.

I feel like if I make the purchases on different days it doesn't really count as much???  I'm waiting until tomorrow, but I'll probably get something from Too Faced... but I can't do that AND the Urban Decay sale.

I have an UD lipstick that I've had my eye on for a week or two...and maybe a eyeshadow and an eyeliner.  So we'll see, I'll probably set up a shopping cart at each one and add stuff into the cart and take it out for the next day or two.  :)

Quote:

I feel like if I make the purchases on different days it doesn't really count as much???  I'm waiting until tomorrow, but I'll probably get something from Too Faced... but I can't do that AND the Urban Decay sale.

I have an UD lipstick that I've had my eye on for a week or two...and maybe a eyeshadow and an eyeliner.  So we'll see, I'll probably set up a shopping cart at each one and add stuff into the cart and take it out for the next day or two.  :)

I've been doing that on UD too! lol. But with all the palettes I just bought, I really can't justify the reason I NEED a new Naked palette.

And I bought Shadow Insurance (regular AND candlelight) when I purchased TF, so I can't say I have to have the primer potion.

I need to be looking for blushes, lip sticks, lip liners, finishing powders, and brushes. But I can never resist the eye products. :x

Oh yeah... since I ordered from them again... TF re-added me to their mailing list.. and I have another 20% purchase sitting in my e-mail inbox taunting me. Hmm.. maybe next week... :D