xoxelizabeth189

Most recent purchases?

I'm not sure how it happened, but my car just turned into the ULTA parking lot, maybe because I needed to pick up some eyeshadow primer (which Ialmost forgot). Seems ULTA had just redone the whole prestige area, so I had to look, right? I have been eyeing the Tarte Amazonian Foundation for a bit, but decided to get the concealer from them in Tan and then I saw a new Urban Decay Foundation which seems to be out for a limited edition (maybe they are waiting to see the response) but the color was great and it seemed thinner and not chalky which was nice, a Macadamia Oil Hair Kit, two Revlon Lip Butters, and I think that is basically everything interesting.

Originally Posted by Dots View Post

I'm not sure how it happened, but my car just turned into the ULTA parking lot, maybe because I needed to pick up some eyeshadow primer (which Ialmost forgot). Seems ULTA had just redone the whole prestige area, so I had to look, right?

I have been eyeing the Tarte Amazonian Foundation for a bit, but decided to get the concealer from them in Tan and then I saw a new Urban Decay Foundation which seems to be out for a limited edition (maybe they are waiting to see the response) but the color was great and it seemed thinner and not chalky which was nice, a Macadamia Oil Hair Kit, two Revlon Lip Butters, and I think that is basically everything interesting.

you have one of those self driving cars? redface.gif

• Like 1

you have one of those self driving cars? :o
Lol! Only when it comes to shopping for some reason...:)

Lol! Only when it comes to shopping for some reason...smile.gif

it's funny how that works! :-P I was walking around NYC, sick, had an hour to kill before i had to get a train, and I happened to spy a Sephora. Well, let me tell you, I managed to rally just long enough to drop $140.

I bought three Rock & Republic shadows on eBay for $9.99. I compared them to the ones I had from their going-out-of-business sale and did some internet research to authenticate them. Once I decided they were definitely authentic, I hopped around (mentally) for a minute for getting such a good deal.  

I also bought some mineral shadow jars and samples from Meow Cosmetics during a sale. The jars come in a cute little leopard print gauze drawstring bag! I love stuff like that. The shadows are awesome, too. I bought a bunch of matte ones and a few shimmery ones. I've swatched them all, and worn a few, they're gorgeous. I also placed an order with Madd Style Cosmetics during their sale, hopefully that gets here soon. I might have to do a swatchfest with pictures.

Finally, I bought the Tarte "One Find Clay" set at Ulta, using my 100 points I've been saving to get it for $9. I love the bag and the Peaceful blush, and intend to try the illuminating primer. I'm not going to try the mini bronzer (this one makes the third untouched one I have, I need to sell them or swap them or give them away) the mascara, or the eye pencil. I still consider $9 for a mini Tarte blush, good-sized cosmetic bag that isn't ugly, and a large primer sample completely worth it.

I did some on line shopping at Sephora, I placed my first order and then couldn't control myself and placed a second order lol. I finally got the Urban Decay NAKED2 Palette! I also got the new urban decay NAKED foundation in 2, Living proof shampoo, Sephora Be You Lip Balm in Coral Twist, Sephora Mineral Foundation, and a Sephora duo eyeshadow in intense black. Even after two orders I still forgot to get the Nails Inc fishnet nail polish I wanted lol

I did some on line shopping at Sephora, I placed my first order and then couldn't control myself and placed a second order lol. I finally got the Urban Decay NAKED2 Palette! I also got the new urban decay NAKED foundation in 2, Living proof shampoo, Sephora Be You Lip Balm in Coral Twist, Sephora Mineral Foundation, and a Sephora duo eyeshadow in intense black. Even after two orders I still forgot to get the Nails Inc fishnet nail polish I wanted lol
Ooh yay! I got the UD Naked Foundation, too and am super excited to try it, it just feels different. However, I am gonna wait till next week to try it when I am back in town. Hope we both love it!

it's funny how that works! :-P I was walking around NYC, sick, had an hour to kill before i had to get a train, and I happened to spy a Sephora. Well, let me tell you, I managed to rally just long enough to drop $140.
Nice! The Sephora out there must be huge! Dare I ask what all you got? Any one item you're super excited about?

Nice! The Sephora out there must be huge! Dare I ask what all you got? Any one item you're super excited about?

Actually, you're right. I hadn't thought about it but Sephoras tend to be quite sizable compared to many other NYC stores!!

I got

Benefit Moisturizer-needed a refill and this is my favorite stuff. It's the perfect consistency for my face and it comes in the CUTEST glass jar.

Nars blush in Deep Throat- Because I'm a sucker for cheek color and I love Nars blushes.

Benefit creaseless cream shadow- in skinny jeans which is like a silvery grey

Stila Smudge Crayon in smoke- looks like a mac shadestick I used to have and LOVED

Omnia Crystal by Bvlgari- actually sampled this in my bb and loved it!

Then I got a sample of

Amore Pacific's Vitalizing Masque and

Full Blown Volume Mascara by Laura Mercier

I still have points for another big sample next time I go back!! Yay Sephora, this is why I LOVE you.

oh and to answer your other question- I'm super psyched to use the eye stuff but I have freaking pink eye on top of this cold, so I've been makeupless for a week now. I am a hot freaking MESS! I need to call my doc and see when I'm officially cured!

I've been so good, on not buying much lately, I'm not on a no buy -- just trying to control myself, lol.

Over the weekend though, I was in Detroit for a concert, and while I was there I picked up some stuff that isn't for sale in Canada (as far as I know anyways)

- 2 bottles of Aussie 3 minute miracle

- 3 Milani baked blushes

- 6 Milani pressed shadows in Shocking Pink, Just Perfect, Caramel Brown, Olympian Blue, Purple Shock and Pearl

- Wet n Wild blush in Mellow Wine (this is probably sold in Canada, but I saw it so I grabbed it haha)

- Milani liquid eyeliner pen

Honestly, I really love all the pressed shadows I got, they're such great quality.. I'm going to buffalo in a couple weeks and am planning on picking up most of the rest of them.. I also want to get a few more of the baked blushes, and maybe a bronzer or two haha 

Always a good idea. I really do like her shadows and Control Freak. Which reminds me, I have money to burn so I'm getting a full size Control Freak right now.

I went to a MAC pro store and a Sephora this weekend.  I half expected to go crazy, but the MAC store was out of all the pro items that I wanted.  I did buy a tube of Haute and Naughty mascara, a new tube of Cyber lipstick, and a bottle of Fix+.  I had planned on getting a bottle of the new UD foundation, but the Sephora didn't have any.  :(

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

Always a good idea. I really do like her shadows and Control Freak. Which reminds me, I have money to burn so I'm getting a full size Control Freak right now.

Oh I keep meaning to try control freak, but I had such a stockpile of eye primer or so long, I never got around to ordering it. Next time! 

I have been eyeing the Tarte Amazonian Foundation for a bit, but decided to get the concealer from them in Tan and then I saw a new Urban Decay Foundation which seems to be out for a limited edition (maybe they are waiting to see the response) but the color was great and it seemed thinner and not chalky which was nice, a Macadamia Oil Hair Kit, two Revlon Lip Butters, and I think that is basically everything interesting.

I didn't know the UD foundation was LE. Hmph, now I don't even want to try it, I'd hate to fall in love with an LE foundation.

Ooh yay! I got the UD Naked Foundation, too and am super excited to try it, it just feels different. However, I am gonna wait till next week to try it when I am back in town. Hope we both love it!

I am so excited to try it! I am regretting not buying the Naked brush for it though so I think I will be buying one of those soon.

I didn't know the UD foundation was LE. Hmph, now I don't even want to try it, I'd hate to fall in love with an LE foundation.
Oh lol, I don't know if the foundation is limited edition, just their sign said something like LE while quantities last, maybe it was the packaging or something, but it felt good when I tried it on my hand, will actually try it in a week when I am back.

I am so excited to try it! I am regretting not buying the Naked brush for it though so I think I will be buying one of those soon.
I was thinking I might get the brush, too. Did you try it yet? I can usually hold off on trying products till I get around to it, but it is driving me nuts to try this one yet...grrr!! I really hope it works well!!

I was thinking I might get the brush, too. Did you try it yet? I can usually hold off on trying products till I get around to it, but it is driving me nuts to try this one yet...grrr!! I really hope it works well!!

I know I really want the brush and I regret not getting it. I haven't tried it yet, I ordered mine online because my store was out of my color.

I bought Revlon's PhotoReady foundation. It's pretty good overall. However, still disappointed in their color selection.

Actually, you're right. I hadn't thought about it but Sephoras tend to be quite sizable compared to many other NYC stores!! I got Benefit Moisturizer-needed a refill and this is my favorite stuff. It's the perfect consistency for my face and it comes in the CUTEST glass jar. Nars blush in Deep Throat- Because I'm a sucker for cheek color and I love Nars blushes. Benefit creaseless cream shadow- in skinny jeans which is like a silvery grey Stila Smudge Crayon in smoke- looks like a mac shadestick I used to have and LOVED Omnia Crystal by Bvlgari- actually sampled this in my bb and loved it! Then I got a sample of Amore Pacific's Vitalizing Masque and Full Blown Volume Mascara by Laura Mercier I still have points for another big sample next time I go back!! Yay Sephora, this is why I LOVE you.
Oh! The Benefit Cream always looks super cute! They always seem to have it in little mini sample sets and seems so cute and old fashioned looking. Never tried it though! You're right, The Omnia Crystal did smell good, I was surprised I liked that one actually. It just smells pretty!

Oh! The Benefit Cream always looks super cute! They always seem to have it in little mini sample sets and seems so cute and old fashioned looking. Never tried it though!

You're right, The Omnia Crystal did smell good, I was surprised I liked that one actually. It just smells pretty!

I'm a big fan of that cream. I used it in the store a while ago and fell in love. It's pricey but it lasts foreverrrr.