Benefit concealers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Ive been looking for a good under eye concealer and I heard that benefit has some good ones. I haven't been able to pick on which is the best for me. I just ordered erase paste, but seeing all the different ones make me wonder what people think of the different concealers! Ive been thinking about erase paste, ooh la lift and boiing. Which do you prefer?

While I haven't used it in years, Ooh La Lift was a favorite of mine for a long time...

ooh la la lift isnt a concealer in my opinion it just helps the under eye area and brighten it as well.

I love both Boi-ing and Erase Paste, But i do use boi-ing more often than i do my erase paste. I found that the erase paste had to be re-applied way to often than boi-ing concealer. I purchased the realness to concealness box set and it was a great way to get my favorite products in a set :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ool la lift is an eye brightener not a concealer. It works well in lightening the eye area but it doesn't cover anything at all. Boi-ing is an awesome concealer.

At the time I was using it, I only needed a very small amount of concealer, maybe that's why I liked it so much? (It covered the small amount of darkness I had THEN, just with the brightening effects, I guess)

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

At the time I was using it, I only needed a very small amount of concealer, maybe that's why I liked it so much? (It covered the small amount of darkness I had THEN, just with the brightening effects, I guess)
 haha i totally know what you mean though! I used it when i was alot younger and loved it (before i knew what real dark circles where!)

Originally Posted by Avintageaffair /img/forum/go_quote.gif

haha i totally know what you mean though! I used it when i was alot younger and loved it (before i knew what real dark circles where!)
PREACH! I haven't bought that stuff in about six years just because I started needin' something a little...more :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I use Boi-ing, and find it works well on MOST of my face, but I don't really like it right under my eyes. It seems to accentuate my fine (interpret that as "canyon-like") lines. I may not be using it correctly, as I am still working out the ins and outs of some of my newer cosmetics. I have tried a concealer brush and my fingers and still can't avoid those dry looking lines. Still, it is lovely on other areas.

ooh la la lift isnt a concealer in my opinion it just helps the under eye area and brighten it as well.

I love both Boi-ing and Erase Paste, But i do use boi-ing more often than i do my erase paste. I found that the erase paste had to be re-applied way to often than boi-ing concealer. I purchased the realness to concealness box set and it was a great way to get my favorite products in a set :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
But do you find it drying?

Lucky! I have terrible dark circles ever since I was little, So I have always been on the hunt for a good concealer and in all my 6 years of wearing makeup, I still havent found one.. Boiing sounds like its good so im thinking that I should maybe pick up the new benefit set when it comes out next month with boiing in it.

Benefit's Erase Paste will literally cover anything. Depending on what your skin is like, it may be too much. I found it to be really heavy and extreme.

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lucky! I have terrible dark circles ever since I was little, So I have always been on the hunt for a good concealer and in all my 6 years of wearing makeup, I still havent found one.. Boiing sounds like its good so im thinking that I should maybe pick up the new benefit set when it comes out next month with boiing in it.
I also like Makeup Forever HD Invisible Cover Concealer. My mom saw me using it and liked it so much that she basically stole mine. I had to buy her one so that I could have mine back! haha.

I like to use Erase Paste and I have pretty dark circles..black eye-looking at times(combo of a night shift job/hereditary). But I mainly depend on a corrector palette and use the erase paste underneath to keep the eye area bright. 

Hmm, thanks everyone for the comments! I got the erase paste in medium and it looked weird on me. So I tried out tarte's maracuja concealer and it looks really good and matches much better than benefits. I also got the how to look the best at everything and that ended up being too light for me, I got medium but I think im going to exchange it for dark when it comes out since I got it though benefits presale. But I think I settled on tarte's concealer.

I also have dark circles but not that bad, I'm just using foundation to cover it. i will try Ooh La Lift and will see the difference. Just wondering it if also works on dark spots like acne marks?

One of my good friends works for Benefit in San Francisco and she's had the opportunity to try most of the products herself. I had the same question for her over a year ago and she recommended the Stay Don't Stray concealer. I bought it at her recommendation and really like it. I use it mostly for the dark areas under my eyes and my favorite thing about it is that it's dry, doesn't shine nor smudge.

Here's the official link: http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/product/view/stay-dont-stray

Hope this helps!

Monica

Back