Help me find my undertones?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey ladies! I can't seem to figure out whether I'm "warm" or "cool". I was matched as NW20 at the MAC counter even though my hair is brown (highlighted) and my eyes are light brown. I seem to look bad in both silver and gold eyeshadows, though I prefer silver jewelry.

And I can't find a red lipstick that looks good on me! What do you all think?

I would say Neutral...at least in my makeup shades. That means...not too cool...not too warm..but in between! Kind of a peach undertone, if that makes any sense. 

You by definition are warm toned. Because of the hair color, the green veins, and the hair color.  I would suggest for reds MAC Ruby Woo, you can pull off MAC Russian red because though it's cool toned, it's workable, Revlon See Red or NARS Jungle red <3 

Welcome to my world!
You and me are neutral.You've got a substantial balance of yellow and pink. It's gonna be hard to match most foundations to you. Your skin is almost the same color as mine.

What I do is use a foundation with a slight yellow base, and mix it with MAC Strobe Cream, which is a highlighting moisturizer with pink shot through it. It helps balance everything out a little more.

In terms of a red lipstick, I would suggest lighter, more berry reds. 

Ditch the idea of warm and cool because it's the worst way to categorize skin. Skin tones are yellow, olive, red, pink, beige and blue. You look to have yellow undertones along with pink. No foundation will perfectly match you and you may find you'll need to use a pink based one along with a yellow based one and mix the two for the perfect color for you.

Hi Everyone!  Not to interrupt, but how does one go about finding their undertones anyway?  I have never been sure how to do that.

Thanks!

tndrft

Originally Posted by Airi Magdalene /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Welcome to my world!

You and me are neutral.You've got a substantial balance of yellow and pink. It's gonna be hard to match most foundations to you. Your skin is almost the same color as mine.

What I do is use a foundation with a slight yellow base, and mix it with MAC Strobe Cream, which is a highlighting moisturizer with pink shot through it. It helps balance everything out a little more.

In terms of a red lipstick, I would suggest lighter, more berry reds. 
Add me to the list of neutral toned! I have such a hard time finding a good one because of the yellow and pink undertones. I found benefits hello flawless oxygen wow in toasted beige and it works well for me. a tiny bit on the yellow side but it matches me better than any other one I have tried. I used to use BE for years,  I cant find a happy medium with their colors. Tan is supposed to be for neutrals, but is too dark for me at the moment, and medium tan  is pink based, so it doesnt look right on me either. So I ditched BE after 5-6 years of it, it makes me sad since BE was the first and only foundation brand I used until  about 6 months ago when I started exploring new brands. Ive tried sooo many different ones in the last 6 months!

Back