Julep August 2012 Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So Julep has shared this on their FB page:

We just shared the product being featured in the August Maven box, did you miss it? Here is it...

Acetone-Free Conditioning Nail Polish Remover. Are you a fan? Like this and share with your friends.
So it looks like the other item besides polish in the August boxes will be nail polish remover. I was thinking of canceling or skipping, but this does have me a bit intrigued. Though the bottle does look a bit small to me. Only 4fl oz? I'm hoping the colors suck so I don't feel like I want this box as well. I do currently use zoya's polish remover, but I paint my nails a lot and it wouldn't hurt for me to have a back up.

This looks skipable. Depending on what colors they have this month, I'll most likely skip. I usually skip Julep bc it's pricey, but I absolutely loved last July's box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If they add another polish for August, then maybe I won't skip. I have to wait see what they box is like. Nail polish remover does NOT intrigue me whatsoever

It does for me as I paint my nails a lot and could always use more. I like the idea of remover more then I have about lip gloss for sure. But I'm waiting to see colors before I decide as well.

I paint my nails about 2 -3 times a week. I'd rather buy a big giant bottle of nail polish remover from Sally's lol. It lasts months and months

I was kinda meh at first but if it can get glitter polish off, its worth it to me. I know there is the foil method but anything that requires more than a cotton ball & polish remover, I'm not gonna do it!

I don't think I'm excited for the nail polish remover .. I guess I have one that I like and works well . I guess I as well will decide when the colors come out but it may be a skipper for me this month. We shall see soon!

I love their extra products! I actually wish they had an option just for that stuff, instead of nail polish. I feel like I already have enough colors! I have something like 45 bottles of their polish because I bought sets last year before the Maven program existed. Then I subscribed to two box profiles back when they launched Maven. So I've been getting tons of nail polishes, and it's just way too many for me. It's overwhelming. So I'm selling a bunch of the colors on my blog just to get them out of here because I feel like it's not worth it for me to just have them sitting around.

So I really wish there was a box profile of just the polish remover, or the foot lotions or whatever, because then at least I could still support them, but I wouldn't be adding more and more nail polishes to my collection!

I feel super guilty but I think I'm going to have to skip for awhile just so I can use up what I have first.

Pretty, but I'm skipping. I had actually sent them an email to cancel, which was ignored. Guess I'm going to have to give them a call, or just wait until my card expires a few months from now. Who knows, I may end up wanting this one around in a month or two!

I'm on the fence here. I'm a sucker for metallics, but nothing's standing out for me this month. Is it me or is Felicity the same yellow metallic that was new in May but they sold out of?

I actually decided not to skip, though I did opt to change up my box this month.  I'm classic with a twist and went for boho glam.  I don;t have any colors like that so that's what made me want to change this month.  The classic with a twist colors are pretty but I feel like I have similar colors to them...I dunno.  I feel like I def have a similar color to the goldish one.  Unless next month really excites me, I think I'm going to skip it...just to take a break for a month.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Pretty, but I'm skipping. I had actually sent them an email to cancel, which was ignored. Guess I'm going to have to give them a call, or just wait until my card expires a few months from now. Who knows, I may end up wanting this one around in a month or two!
I was able to cancel through email a couple days ago. They did say that they don't normally do that though. 

Grateful I don't like the colors so I can skip. Spent way too much $ lately

I generally love metallics, but this month left me cold and I surely don't need the totebag. Color me skipped.

I love their extra products! I actually wish they had an option just for that stuff, instead of nail polish. I feel like I already have enough colors! I have something like 45 bottles of their polish because I bought sets last year before the Maven program existed. Then I subscribed to two box profiles back when they launched Maven. So I've been getting tons of nail polishes, and it's just way too many for me. It's overwhelming. So I'm selling a bunch of the colors on my blog just to get them out of here because I feel like it's not worth it for me to just have them sitting around. So I really wish there was a box profile of just the polish remover, or the foot lotions or whatever, because then at least I could still support them, but I wouldn't be adding more and more nail polishes to my collection! I feel super guilty but I think I'm going to have to skip for awhile just so I can use up what I have first.
So glad you shared this here! I was about to buy Sofia on Julep's site this morning, but I checked out your blog sale instead... Found January which I've also really been wanting yay! I left my comment and email for the invoice over on your blog, but just wanted to say thanks for posting about it here or I never would have known! :) Just wish I would have claimed that Eyeko eyeliner before someone else did. Darn Birchbox made me fall in love with the black one I received in June, but I really want the purple and they don't sell it on their site... Lol oh well I'm rambling now. Anyways just thanks!

I'm not excited about this month's stuff, as I mentioned, but they also just posted to FB that they are doing a Suede collection. THAT should be interesting.

Kim, Alfre and Sienna are all preexisting colors - I thought that the maven boxes were supposed to be all new colors for the current month. Was i wrong about that? I always thought it was weird that they came out with so many new colors each month but maybe that is not the case?

Originally Posted by beautyfool /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Kim, Alfre and Sienna are all preexisting colors - I thought that the maven boxes were supposed to be all new colors for the current month. Was i wrong about that? I always thought it was weird that they came out with so many new colors each month but maybe that is not the case?
Stefani is also preexisting - I picked that one up from Sephora a few months ago.

Latest posts

Back