Sign in to follow this  
LyndaV

$700 for ONE nail polish???!!!

Maybe it's made with bits of real panther in it? so you know it's good! LOL but seriously, $700 for a nail polish? It better have magical powers or something!

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

Sounds like a scam to me.

I'm looking at items on Ebay and $55 for a bottle of home made nail polish? No thanks. With companies like Cult Nails that are far more affordable if I want indy polish I'll still with them.

I'm sorry but it's not even PRETTY polish... the one for $600.

$T2eC16ZHJGwE9n%29yUY2MBQ!,snB!QQ~~60_12.JPG

This one is $200.

$%28KGrHqVHJEQE--DYgtULBQBghwFHJw~~60_57.JPG

This one is $177.50 right now.

$T2eC16dHJIkE9qU3lRDUBQ!NPokOjQ~~60_57.JPG

It looks so cheap looking! I'm sorry but it does and as those prices I would expect the bottle to look more professional not with $1 store stickers that have been handwritten. Maybe I should start making nail polish since I'm such a collector and start selling it for a few hundred bucks too. wacko.gif

OK after seeing these I have to ask... but why? None of them are polishes I'd especially look for even if they were only $5. The packaging is awful, the colors are mediocre at best.

There was an auction that ended on eBay on July 15th for one bottle of lynderella at $1.025 with 59 bids!!

Originally Posted by Dana24 View Post

There was an auction that ended on eBay on July 15th for one bottle of lynderella at $1.025 with 59 bids!!

whaaat?!

icon_eek.gif

Just looking at it from the regular, can't afford to pay $1000 for one bottle of nail polish perspective, that's absolutely insane. That amount of money is typically what we pay for rent and our utilities. 

Its so funny that you brought this up because recently I saw on my news feed of on facebook where someone had done nail art with it. So I looked it up and was so shocked at the prices on ebay. I thought it had to be wrong. So quickly decided that I did like it as much as I thought I had and went to Walgreens as settled for $4.99 Milani glitter polish!

So, I was at dinner with several nail bloggers and had a talk about this because I wanted their input since the nail world is what they focus on. From my understanding there are several reasons the prices do go up on the price and one person (whom I will not mention) even said that it came to light that Lyn's brother was selling the items on Ebay which caused the breakup of Lyn and the girl who sold the products for her originally. I wish I could go into further detail suffice it to say that when I said I thought it was a scam I now REALLY think it is. I also was given information on some of the ingredients used and the legality of it but again because I don't have actual proof I won't get into it since it's hearsay. One thing is for sure if I want independent nail polish I'll stick with Cult Nails (which I need to get more of).

Originally Posted by lolaB View Post

This is kind of old news on nb, but in case anyone's bored and wants to read up on the current conspiracy theories...

and here's a post that summarizes the initial drama:

LOL! I love what the second blogger says at the end:

"I guess all I can really say is that I am a firm believer that glitter should never be violent or dramatic."

Touche!

Does every bottle contain a mani/pedi genie you can call upon at any given time? Because all I see is glitter in clear polish. I am obviously missing something.

I literally have to give myself a pep talk about nail polishes over 4$. SO you know I rarely have expensive ones, Like you said with 200+ nail polishes there is going to be a dupe and Id feel awful if I spent alot of money on that dupe. BUT 600$. That's rent.

Actually the font is not handwritten, it looks that way but it's a font called mommiesmall created by a German guy. Lynderella trademarked not the formula of the polishes, no the colors, but her name with this font!!! what???

Why-- how-- I don't even-- what?!?

For some people, $700 buys one nail polish. For others, it's rent money.

Oh man. I remember when I first got into polish and polish blogs I wanted some Lynnderella's. I wasn't even aware of all the drama surrounding her. I always thought something was a little off with the brand, no nail polish should be near impossible to get your hands on. On topic: $5 is my nail polish cut off unless I find a really good deal somewhere.

Originally Posted by Titavg View Post

Actually the font is not handwritten, it looks that way but it's a font called mommiesmall created by a German guy. Lynderella trademarked not the formula of the polishes, no the colors, but her name with this font!!! what???

Unless she purchased the rights to THAT font she could be illegally trademarking her name with THAT font.

oh man, just reading this thread makes me ill. no, i could never spend that much on nail polish. i have a hard time spending $8 or $10. I love getting funky colors, but it all chips off anyways.

$10 with shipping is my limit and that's indies that I have to love. Iadore zoya but try to get them on sale. I bought a butterLondon for my roommate for xmas and that's it. I can't bring myself to spend that much on myself.

I would never spend that much on one nail polish! That's crazy.  Like most people here, I usually cap it at around $10 max for a bottle.  I'll go up to $13 or $14 if it's something I really want and don't already have (like today, I spent around $13 on Essie's Matte About You matte top coat). 

Originally Posted by BusyBeauty View Post

Was this an extremely highly rated polish? Or just a "posh" brand?

Neither :) Just an indie polish maker bidding on her own stuff or having friends/family etc doing it for her

Wow this is CRAZY.  But craziest is that those colors going for hundreds of dollars are ugly- like,  I wouldn't wear 2 of the 4 if I was paid to do so.  The other blue color I thought looked cute, but maybe for $8-15 dollars (considering it's indie, I'd be willing to pay a bit more but not more than that!!!).