Stiletto nails - yay or nay? (Pics)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What do you guys think? I've seen this trend and I just think they are hideous. Aside from them looking overall unappealing to me, they look dangerous, too! So what do you say? Yay or nay?

It's all fun and games til someone gets their eye poked out! I just know that person would be me stabbing my own self in the face. Can you imagine trying to put makeup on with these? I like the designs on the nails themselves but the shape has got to go.

Edit: I thought of the only use I could find for these. A last minute press on nail for Halloween. That's the only way I could ever wear them.

Love the design on the first one, but as for stiletto nails:

NONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!

Pleeeezzzeee

NO!!

ahem, sorry got carried away there, I say Nay.

NAY all the way! I'm with you on this because I also find them hideous. I actually have a friend who keeps on getting her nails done like this and constantly asks me what I think of them. I will never get their appeal.

Those are terrifying!

It makes my eyes just hurt thinking about how I would take my contacts out...

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Those are terrifying!

It makes my eyes just hurt thinking about how I would take my contacts out...
Hahah exactly... just thinking of my daily routine with those things seems nearly impossible. It wouldn't be worth it for something that looks that awful either.

haha! So what do you say to her when she asks you?

Originally Posted by anida /img/forum/go_quote.gif

NAY all the way! I'm with you on this because I also find them hideous. I actually have a friend who keeps on getting her nails done like this and constantly asks me what I think of them. I will never get their appeal.

Originally Posted by Beautiijunkii /img/forum/go_quote.gif

haha! So what do you say to her when she asks you?
"They're not really my style" is what I usually say (while shaking my head). She probably keeps asking me expecting my answer to change one day but, that's never going to happen
eusa_naughty.gif

Yikes. Imagine trying to put in contacts with those on? You'd poke your eye out!! (I sound like a 60's television mom saying that, but it's true!)

i dont get why this is such a big trend, i would never get this lol i feel like trying to do things around the house would be difficult

Aha wow... I must say it would look pretty cool for a creepy photoshoot or something, but for real life? No way!!! how would you even type on the keyboard ;p

I'm with you--hideous. My mom has started filing her nails in a more pointed shape and they look terrible. And break easily!

I get acrylics too, but those really aren't my style.  I had a friend try them, but she wasn't too taken with them.

Latest posts

Back