BB creams??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
so I'm pretty sure everyone has been hearing about BB creams, i sure have and i have no idea what a BB cream is used for? is it like a liquid foundation? or is it like a moisturizer? do any of you MUT's suggest using BB creams if so what brand? 

they were originally formulated to help protect/cover skin post-surgery. the trend exploded in Korea, and recently caught on here. they're basically light-coverage tinted moisturizers with ingredients that supposedly help improve skin in the long run--i.e. providing SPF protection, sebum control, etc. I'd avoid US-brand BB creams, look for korean brands. 

Skin79 Super + BB Cream (Pink Bottle) is AWESOME!  You can get it on Amazon for like $9 + a few bucks shipping. 

I recommend Skin79 as well. I use the hot pink triple function BB cream and it's really good. A lot of people like Missha's perfect cover BB cream and the Face shop's clean face oil free BB cream(which I actually do own and love). You can get them all on ebay just make sure to buy it from a reliable seller.

I've been using Skinfood's Peach Sake Pore BB cream this summer and really like it.  It's for oily skin, matches my warm skin tone, and has good coverage.  The Korean BB creams as so much cheaper and consistently outperform American versions, IMO.

Originally Posted by PDubA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Skin79 Super + BB Cream (Pink Bottle) is AWESOME!  You can get it on Amazon for like $9 + a few bucks shipping. 
Yup! I got mine in AMazon too! Real stuff! I bought another one the Diamond Prestige, sad though coz its defective. They will be sending a replacement.

I wouldn't necessarily consider them tinted moisturizers, as BB creams have better coverage and have a thicker consistency.  It's basically just a bunch of products thrown into one product, usually SPF protection, primer, some claim to treat acne or have anti-aging properties, and helps lighten & even out skin tone.  That would be a good description of American BB creams (their formula is completely different) but not for traditional Asian BB creams.  With the BB cream I currently own, it actually covers my dark circles better than some concealers.

Skin79 is a good first choice, but I prefer the Oriental Gold - it even comes with its own bonus cheek and lip tint, which are really moisturizing but matte. Very gorg.  Missha also makes some good BB creams but I'm not a big fan of the price!

If you order off Amazon, be careful and thoroughly research the seller you are purchasing from.  I buy mine from a seller called seoulglamour which is based in Korea, and they're legit (and affordable).

Originally Posted by Minsooky /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wouldn't necessarily consider them tinted moisturizers, as BB creams have better coverage and have a thicker consistency.  It's basically just a bunch of products thrown into one product, usually SPF protection, primer, some claim to treat acne or have anti-aging properties, and helps lighten & even out skin tone.  That would be a good description of American BB creams (their formula is completely different) but not for traditional Asian BB creams.  With the BB cream I currently own, it actually covers my dark circles better than some concealers.

Skin79 is a good first choice, but I prefer the Oriental Gold - it even comes with its own bonus cheek and lip tint, which are really moisturizing but matte. Very gorg.  Missha also makes some good BB creams but I'm not a big fan of the price!

If you order off Amazon, be careful and thoroughly research the seller you are purchasing from.  I buy mine from a seller called seoulglamour which is based in Korea, and they're legit (and affordable).
I got mine from Seoul Glamour via Amazon as well, and was very happy with how fast I received my order and that they included some samples.  I'll order from them again.

I'm not completely sold on the whole BB Cream thing but I finally found one that I like. It's the one from Dr. Jart and has pretty good coverage and leave skin with a subtle glow. At the same time, I'm not sure if I'd buy it again because, while I liked it, it wasn't as life changing as I thought and could probably get the same results with a tinted moisturizer. I had originally tried the BB Cream from Garnier and found it to be so heavy I felt that my face was melting as soon as I went outside. The colors were also very limited.

where are you girls finding this for 9 bucks? I looked the seoulglamor on amazon and they are all like $36! Way too much for my budget... is there something I am missing? 

I went to Amazon in the search I typed in BB Cream (a little sub category popped up) so I clicked on BB Cream in Beauty.

The first option is the pink bottle of

SKIN79 Super+ Beblesh Balm BB Cream Triple Function ( Pink Label ) SPF25 PA++ 40g (Which is the one I love)
If you click on the little like that says 20 New you can find it for $7.99 for the bottle.

I'm not sure if I can post the link here or not :  But if you click HERE  I have inserted the link right to the BB cream I am a fan of.

I use Dr. Jart gold label bb cream. I LOVE it. It gives the perfect amount of coverage. I just a use a concealer for under my eyes and my pimples and set it with a powder. It blends in with my skin so well, you never get the mask effect look with it, even if you layer it up a little. I've heard excellent things about the real BB creams in china or wherever but have not tried them because I am very happy with this product.

I've tried a few different brands.  My fave is the Dr. Jart.  I picked up a Dior bb cream sample from Sephora on Sun. but haven't tried it yet.  I am kind of waiting on my skin to clear up (it's almost there), before using it.  I've tried Missha, Boscia, and Garnier as well.

I like Dr Jart's too. I was posting this in another thread, but I was just at a conference all weekend. I stayed with my friend and her son, so while I was putting my makeup on, he was smacking my legs going "Come ON Molly, We gotta go!". Still, i made sure I put on my bb and I'm glad I did. I looked at the pictures we took and while my eyebrows need to be done and my hair is insane, my skin looks great! haha.

Back