Best and worst mascara?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm wondering what mascaras you've loved and which ones have not been worth the $.

I used to love 2000 Calorie from Max Factor - but Max Factor isn't sold any more in the US. I ordered some from Ebay and it wasn't the same (change in brush style and maybe formula). Since then I have bounced around from brand to brand and haven't loved anything. I really hate the new plastic brushes (like some of the Covergirl mascaras). I like an old fashioned bristly fat brush.

So - what have been your love/hates for drugstore mascara?

I'm gonna go ahead and throw in my 2 cents for both drugstore and high end mascara, since I have tried several mascaras over time.

BEST: I love the L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes. For me, this stuff worked really, really well. As far as high end goes, I really like the Dior Diorshow Extase a lot. Like the L'Oreal, it looks really natural, my lashes look full, lush and gorgeous and I don't have any smudging or flaking.

WORST: Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal Waterproof. I really, really don't like this stuff! I find it really stiff and dry and it makes my lashes look really spidery. I only picked this one up because I've read several reviews that said it was a dupe of the Diorshow, so I figured I'd give it a shot. It's noooowhere close to it! I also picked up the waterproof Maybelline Mega Plush when it came out, and so far, not really diggin' it. I find the bend in the wand makes it hard to get a really good hold on my lashes. For high end stuff, I hate Benefit Bad Gal lash. It's thick, super wet, gloopy, and I always feel like my lashes are weighed down.

I used to be a major lover of Maybelline's mascaras, but I dunno. After looking at the ones I've had issue with, maybe I'm not actually such a fan lol?

CoverGirl Lashblast is almost a dupe for Bad Gal by Benefit or DiorShow. It won't flake, and you can 'build' it with 2-3 coats without experiencing clumping. I've tried 2 from the range I believe the superior was the one in the orange tube.

The two that I keep buying are Covergirl Lashblast Volume, and Maybelline The Falsies Flared! I've kind of given up on buying more expensive mascara, since these two, along with samples of higher end mascaras that I get, have served me well!

I LOVE CoverGirl LashBlast Volume.  Will always repurchase it!  But I am also loving the L'Oreal Voluminous Full Definition.  It's great!! Deleted per TOS

I love Loreal lash out and Maybelline volumme express in the baby blue tube. I didnt like Great Lash or the orange tubed CG

I love the green Cover Girl one. It layers really well. I can really built up my lashes with this, which is a must! I don't like any mascara that has the old brushes on them. I'm all about the rubber ones!

I love the Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara. It holds the curl really well and you build volume up without clumping. I do prefer Benefit's They're Real but not enough to justify the price jump.

Latest posts

Back