Beauty Army: August 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a new member and I started my account on July 11th. I was hoping maybe someone on here would be able to clear up some confusion I have about the selection process. I know that on August 11th, my selection window will open and for 5 days I will be able to select my 6 products. I have a couple of questions:

Each day of that 5 day period is there a different selection of 9 samples to choose from, or is it the same 9 samples for the whole 5 days?

Do I have to pick all 6 items in one day?

If I pick one item on the 1st day, can I change it if I see something I like better the next few days?

Can I submit my order before the 5 days is over?

Thanks for your help!

Only 2 days until I get to make my August picks! I'm hoping for some good products =]

Each day of that 5 day period is there a different selection of 9 samples to choose from, or is it the same 9 samples for the whole 5 days?

They change each day and also change if you alter your profile. Keep messing with your profile (even if it doesn't match you). They release new samples each day at 9 am so that is the best time to make selections.

Yes and no, your items aren't saved for you until you actually select the 6 and submit them. You don't have to choose them on the first day though. There may be the same item for multiple days or it may completely be gone in one day. You never can tell.

If I pick one item on the 1st day, can I change it if I see something I like better the next few days?

As long as you don't submit your order you can still change it as long as you are still in your selection days.

Yes

Today I received my Beauty Army box from July. Unfortunately, I am very sad because the only reason I bought this box was for two products:The Macadamia Oil and the Besame Rouge; and both products arrived open and leaking.

I emailed them to ask for these products, and Briana told me that they cannot send me the products, but next month I can choose 8 samples. Not happy with this email, because we all know that the products haven't been too good the past few months.

I emailed again asking for a refund.  If I can't have these two products then I want a refund. They replied to me and told me that they are going to send me these products in my next box.  I really hope that this happens, because if not, I am going to ask for a refund again and cancel my subscription!

I see two new things!

2929-0068-0005-150x150.jpg
2899-0009-0004-150x150.jpg

Here are 5

​
2929-0068-0005-150x150.jpg

BATH & BODY WORKS 
TWILIGHT WOODS SHOWER GEL
2899-0009-0004-150x150.jpg

SHEA TERRA 
DARK CHOCOLATE EXFOLIATING CREAM
 ​
 ​
2927-0068-0003-150x150.jpg

BATH & BODY WORKS 
PARIS AMOUR SHOWER GEL
2925-0068-0002-150x150.jpg

BATH & BODY WORKS 
SWEET PEA SHOWER GEL
2922-0068-0001-150x150.jpg

BATH & BODY WORKS 
JAPANESE CHERRY BLOSSOM SHOWER GEL

Originally Posted by Kristin1387 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here are 5
At least the bath and body is a decent size. My sub doesn't open until tomorrow, I'm hoping that chocolate thing is still available.

Originally Posted by morre22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

At least the bath and body is a decent size. My sub doesn't open until tomorrow, I'm hoping that chocolate thing is still available.
It's the first time I've seen it, so I think it will be :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm getting the same things over and over again. :[ Usually I'm really interested in at least 5 of the products in my window, but I only like the shea terra and the bath and body works samples and you can get those 3oz gels as 3 for $10 atm.

The chocolate exfoliator sounds like it will smell delicious but I might actually end up skipping this month- 6/9 of my samples are old foil packets and the Vita-K sometimes switches out for a fragrance.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They change each day and also change if you alter your profile. Keep messing with your profile (even if it doesn't match you). They release new samples each day at 9 am so that is the best time to make selections.

Yes and no, your items aren't saved for you until you actually select the 6 and submit them. You don't have to choose them on the first day though. There may be the same item for multiple days or it may completely be gone in one day. You never can tell.

As long as you don't submit your order you can still change it as long as you are still in your selection days.

Yes
 Thank you! Very helpful. One more question: Can I look on the site at what they are offering for the month before my selection window opens? If so, where do you look?

I was going skip, this is my last day to choose, but with the new additions I am very happy. I chose: macadamia oil, which I have tried and love Shea terra chocolate exfoliant B&BW Japanese cherry wash Freeman Beauty Vit K spider vein stuff (I'll have my husband try on his lol) Egyptian Magic Blushed fragrance

Yeah, I feel like the point of subscription sampling programs is to try some brands that you don't otherwise have easy access to, or that are so expensive that you wouldn't want to buy a full-size product without trying it first. B&BW fits neither of those criteria; almost everyone has a B&BW store near them.

My selection opened this morning, but I don't have high hopes. I don't see /any/ cosmetic items this time, and that's the whole reason I'm interested in sample subscriptions in the first place. I don't want hair products, I hate perfume, and my skincare routine is solid. If they don't add some make-up in the next couple of days, I'll be skipping... again.

I thought they weren't going to charge until you pick samples? I have been charged. I also skipped and I never updated my billing information when they told me to.

Hmm, maybe that is why I was charged?

I think you have a window of time to pick and if you don't choose then they choose for you. From their site:

"What if I don't select my samples?

Our experts will gladly select them for you based on your preferences. You will receive 6 deluxe sized, beautifully wrapped samples just for you."

I decided to restart my subscription. I think beauty army and I just needed a couple months off to let the good stuff pile up so there were many things I wanted. Here is what I got:

Basically here is the break down: 

1. I need a new all over face primer because I don't like the UD one I've been using. 

2. Wanted to try the besame since it came up, but never had enough other samples I want. 

3. I don't really want another face cream, but its not a packet. 

4. Everyone likes the macadamia oil, and its expensive, so I thought I should try it on my frizzy hair. 

5. I love shea terra, I love chocolate, sold. 

6. No, bath and body works isn't new or expensive, but twilight woods is a scent I like and I have the body splash from a voxbox so I might as well get a matching body wash. I always need soap anyway, lol. 

Overall, I'm happy with it, but I think I'll keep taking a few months off from them, and then just getting one month.

Latest posts

Back