QVC Test Tube - Third Quarter

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
According to the ad in NEW BEAUTY, the QVC TT will be sold starting 8/25 and will contain the following:

• Ojon Damage Reverse Conditioner
  • Mally High Shine Liquid Lip Color
  • Philosophy love sweet love 3-in-1 gel
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
  • Laura Geller Waterproof Eye Spackle
  • Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil
  • Algenist Firming Cream
  • Bliss Lemon + Sage Body Butter
  • NEW BEAUTY magazine

This one is (admittedly) more to my tastes than the NBTT that was already discussed, but....nothing I'm absolutely gagging for.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

According to the ad in NEW BEAUTY, the QVC TT will be sold starting 8/25 and will contain the following:

• Algenist Firming Cream
  • NEW BEAUTY magazine

This one is (admittedly) more to my tastes than the NBTT that was already discussed, but....nothing I'm absolutely gagging for.
Thanks for posting. I was getting curious to what the next one would contain and whether I should purchase. I like the items here... but, like you said, not gagging for them. Though I do enjoy Argan oil and Bliss Lemon + Sage Body Butter

• Algenist Firming Cream
  • NEW BEAUTY magazine

So the Mally product is what's being put in both boxes huh. I'll use everything in this box. I have Love Sweet Love perfume from MyGlam and like it. I already have the Smashbox primer from Ulta (when they did their grand opening). Can't say no to Laura Geller, love her products. Josie Maran I love as well but it's so expensive! Algenist... I have to admit I like their pricey products as well and depend on beauty boxes to get some. lol Everything else... I'll use.

Originally Posted by Angie Tacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I will take and horde all Algenist.
Me, too.
biggrin.gif
   If it's a decent size, this alone could be worth the cost of the box. 

With the exception of the Smashbox primer, I will use everything in this tube. I will have to order this when it becomes available.

I'm excited for this box, I will use n hopefully enjoy everything in it. I really like Laura geller n mally products. 8/25 is a long way from now n I will probably forget everything in the tube by then. Has anyone out in Cali been to the NBTT store. I'm hoping they build in NY nxt so I can pick my samples. Their box this qtr stinks.

I'm excited for this box, I will use n hopefully enjoy everything in it. I really like Laura geller n mally products. 8/25 is a long way from now n I will probably forget everything in the tube by then. Has anyone out in Cali been to the NBTT store. I'm hoping they build in NY nxt so I can pick my samples. Their box this qtr stinks.

• Algenist Firming Cream
  • NEW BEAUTY magazine

Hmm, I am pretty upset with NB over the contents of the reg. TT.

I was charged without any notification, too.

Let's see-- This is just my opinion, but the QVC version is higher quality but not anything I see that I want to " try" as these are NOT anything new.

I do not like anything Ojon makes, and Sephora was giving away  packages of full 8 oz bottles of the Damage Reverse Shampoo AND 8 oz of conditioner not too long ago to Beauty Insiders.

Mally is going to be in the reg TT.

I do not like Philosophy 3 in 1 gels. Too drying for me.

BORING Smashbox Photo Finish primer. Used it years ago.

Waterproof spackle-- I don't use Geller's reg. spackle.  

Have a TON of Josie Marin Argon oil, again compliments of Sephora.com

The Algenist brand is good. If the cream is face cream, will be a good product.

Bliss lemon sage soap is fun but nothing to go gaga over..

I think I'm cancelling my TT sub. After today's wrangling with 2 providers over charges put through and no merch. sent, I'm about finished with the entire thing.

Plus Sephora.com has new CURATED GROUPS OF PRODUCTS bundled at great prices. They don't use the word " box" or " subscrpiton"-- because it's not-- but this all looks wonderful on their website!!

Just added this week.

This one is tempting me again, as it did last quarter, but I'm trying to resist. I tried on love sweet love at ulta one day because it smelled soooo good when I sprayed it in the air, but it turns to something very...blech on me. I'm not sure what it is, but it was gross. Falling In love (its main notes are jasmine, blackberry, and vanilla, I believe) on the other hand is amazing on me despite smelling like bottled diabetes when I sprayed it in the air. Something about super sweet smells good on me. 

neither version of the TT excites me at all, but i'm already receiving the NB version so i'll try to get some value from it. 
icon_neutral.gif

Originally Posted by LauraBrooks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Plus Sephora.com has new CURATED GROUPS OF PRODUCTS bundled at great prices. They don't use the word " box" or " subscrpiton"-- because it's not-- but this all looks wonderful on their website!!
Hmm, when I clicked on their huge "Curated Value Sets", it was basically the same old value kits that various companies have been putting out along--nothing particularly new or different than their usual.

Hmm, when I clicked on their huge "Curated Value Sets", it was basically the same old value kits that various companies have been putting out along--nothing particularly new or different than their usual.
Well, yes there are new things. New NARS bundle, new Too Faced bundle.

Several new BE bundles, a Laura Mercier face bronzer kit, exclusives to Sephora,com

Laura

Originally Posted by LauraBrooks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, yes there are new things. New NARS bundle, new Too Faced bundle.

Several new BE bundles, a Laura Mercier face bronzer kit, exclusives to Sephora,com

Laura
I guess I didn't make myself clear, and for that, I apologize. To me, "curated" means that an individual selects a variety of items (usually from multiple manufacturers) for a specific reason. The value sets thrown together by the manufacturers, while they may be good prices points, etc., don't give me that same feeling. Everyone's different, no?

• Algenist Firming Cream
  • NEW BEAUTY magazine

OMG I waant EVERYTHING in this one. I am so glad I am subscribed! It will be a nice bday gift to myself
patches.gif

Originally Posted by Jenna1006 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just looked it up. I agree, it does suck and I wont be getting it this time.

I agree with you. Those don't seem any different to me than the kits from the past- just using trendy language.

I guess I didn't make myself clear, and for that, I apologize. To me, "curated" means that an individual selects a variety of items (usually from multiple manufacturers) for a specific reason. The value sets thrown together by the manufacturers, while they may be good prices points, etc., don't give me that same feeling. Everyone's different, no?

Can someone please post a link to order/pre order this. I have wanted one for quite a while.

or PM me the link if posting is not ok.

Thank you.
cloud9.gif

Latest posts

Back