POPSUGAR Must Have - August 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessP

Advanced Member
Reaction score
Thought we should start a new thread about the August Must Have bag and what it might contain :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> From the POPSUGAR website: "Join POPSUGAR Must Have now to receive our August must-have essentials for your home and entertaining. Check out our July Summer beauty bag and gear up for August. We're thrilled to share all our picks with you — learn more and join POPSUGAR Must Have now!" http://www.popsugar.com/PopSugar-Must-Have-Bag-August-24253041

I doubt any of their "must have" products will be in the bag. The stuff they sent out in the July one was not in the July must haves. I've decided to give this bag another month despite being hugely disappointed by the july one. If it sucks i'm out

I got an email confirming my refund. It isn't reflected on my credit card yet, but it will probably take a couple days to process.

I agree with @prachisrk. They claim that the Must Have bag is picked by their fashion, beauty, home and fitness editors, so I was expecting products that matched each editor's job in POPSUGAR. They also claim the bag is worth $150.00 but July's bag was not worth $150.00 in my opinion. That's why I cancelled. If they start including things other than beauty products, I will re-sub.

I was happy with the July bag, so I'm excited about the August bag, but at the same time I am perplexed with the theme given the box size. I mean, what kind of home and entertaining products could fit in a small box and not cost too much? How good could they be? I'm making mental notes about what kinds of home and entertaining goods would fit in July's box (knowing they have no info on things like sheet size.) Here is my list so far:

candles

coasters

dishes - like wine glasses or a serving dish

food items - like spices or appetizers

music

home fragrance - like one of those bottles of oil with sticks, or a spray, or potporri

cleaning products - like a hand soap

throw blanket

household accessories - like a soapdish, or picture frame

organizational items - I have no idea

kitchen tools - like a spice grinder of some sort

The only thing I'd almost bet money on us getting is at least one candle. I am trying not to get too excited about this month's box, because I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. I don't know how they could possibly really impress me with this theme unless they do a better job than July. Maybe if the tote is extra cute, I'll be easier to please. I really look forward to a fashion bag.

Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was happy with the July bag, so I'm excited about the August bag, but at the same time I am perplexed with the theme given the box size. I mean, what kind of home and entertaining products could fit in a small box and not cost too much? How good could they be? I'm making mental notes about what kinds of home and entertaining goods would fit in July's box (knowing they have no info on things like sheet size.) Here is my list so far:

candles

coasters

dishes - like wine glasses or a serving dish

food items - like spices or appetizers

music

home fragrance - like one of those bottles of oil with sticks, or a spray, or potporri

cleaning products - like a hand soap

throw blanket

household accessories - like a soapdish, or picture frame

organizational items - I have no idea

kitchen tools - like a spice grinder of some sort

The only thing I'd almost bet money on us getting is at least one candle. I am trying not to get too excited about this month's box, because I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. I don't know how they could possibly really impress me with this theme unless they do a better job than July. Maybe if the tote is extra cute, I'll be easier to please. I really look forward to a fashion bag.
Nice list! It would be cool to see any combination of those products. I wonder what the tote will be like this time? 

I'm also hoping it is not the same Popsugar bag again with a different design on the front. Their site says "August is all about entertaining" - seems very vague. I agree with @Moonittude ...I'm guessing they will include some sort of candle/fragrance product.

I think I was extra annoyed with the July bag because of all the ways they described it and in the end it turned out to be blah. It was not at all like eating a cupcake for breakfast!

Originally Posted by prachisrk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm also hoping it is not the same Popsugar bag again with a different design on the front. 
My guess is that chances are pretty high we'll be getting completely different bags each month.  I noticed that the blog has a link to a place where you can order more of these bags (for $24 each or $20 each if you're ordering two or more), so my guess is that the bag will be from a different company every month.  It just doesn't seem likely that a sub box would make a point of mentioning where you could buy more if it's going to be the same style the next month, and it also doesn't seem likely that a bag company would want to be sending out their product to the same few thousand people every month since we're not likely to buy another one in a particular style if we know we're just going to get another one next month.  I'm not sure why, but I did like the fact that they put the season on the bag, so I'm hoping they continue with that.  

I am really curious to see what's in the August bag - but either way I can't complain because I recieved a full refund and my account says I'm paid through August.  So really it's all free for me.  Normally I would have guilt about this but since I only asked for one or the other (refund OR a credit) I'm feeling no guilt!  Just curious......

I agree that a candle or some sort of candle holder seems like a safe bet. I was not sure if I was going to stick around after July's bag - when it arrived it looked like it had been gone through previously: sticker was torn, lipstick had a dent in it as if the lid had scraped it and the body scrub was open. So, I ended up sending an e-mail requesting a refund not entirely because I was upset with the contents but the state of the box itself. They replied right away and refunded my money and sent a new box that arrived within 3 business days. I was really blown away by their customer service, so for that I will stick around a couple more months at least and see how this program developes.

I wouldn't be surprised to get the exact same tote bag this month, only with a different graphic, which would be fine by me. They don't sell the same bags with the Popsugar logo on them, so they are kind of limited edition, in a way. I think it's kind of cool, but I am really into tote bags. I too like the seasonal/date thing on the bag. I wonder if they will change the color scheme every month and I wonder what will inspire this month's graphic? I guess I am easily amused. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm hoping these wow you guys! I cancelled after last month's awkward allergic reaction to the beach bag

Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm hoping these wow you guys! I cancelled after last month's awkward allergic reaction to the beach bag
I hope the same! And also sorry about your reaction to the bag, yikes! I'm giving this sub one more try after being a tad underwhelmed at last month's selection (I had really high hopes because of the price!). If it's not great, I'll be cancelling. 

trying them out for month 2, second and last chance.  I wish they'd post some spoilers so we aren't so in the dark!

im so excited for this one... still waiting for my refund to come through.. They say t was processed almost 2 weeks ago and that it takes time to come through. I hope it shows up soon.

Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope they update their blog soon to give us a few hints.
Me too! I've been checking it every so often and am a little bummed nothing's been posted so far. A little hint would be nice :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back