Mascara help & your favourites!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

It's my first time here and the reason I even came here was after searching online for an updated guide of new mascaras. To no avail I found myself on this website and though there were mascara threads, the ones I seen were around two years old and I'm sure many new products have came out since (though I apologise if I've missed any recent threads on this).

Basically, I am looking for a new mascara and can't decide what. I've stood by MAC Zoom Lash Mascara for a while and I know I'll need a new one soon so I thought I may be somewhat adventurous in my boring life and perhaps try out a new one. As you can tell from my previous love, I do like a mascara that gives me a full lash and some volume.

So here is my question to you, what is your favourite mascara and are there any you would recommend to me to get me out of my same routine or do you perfectly agree to my routine of the Zoom Lash mascara by MAC?

Great to be here and I look forward to talking to you all.

I adore Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! Think it really defines and plumps my lashes. It's my go to for the last few months and I couldn't be happier! I'm one of those more is better lol, when it comes to mascaras. Often, I'd use two mascaras to get fatty lashes and the length/definition...Down to one now! Also, L'Oreal Voluminous and the Stiletto mascaras are great. Drug store brands have really stepped up and are comparable to high end ones, IMO.. Maybelline Falsies is another good one, but can get a bit clumpy.

I've been using Lancome's Hypnose since it's introduction and I absolutely love the buildable results it gives. My next one will be Christian Dior's Diorshow just to switch it up a bit, considering I need to do a mascara replenish very soon anyway. And they are the exact same price.

I'm a total mascara JUNKIE! I love the stuff!! Some of my faves are:

~ Rimmel ScandalEyes

~ Loreal Power Volume Collagen

~ Estee Lauder Sumptuous Lash

~ Maybelline Mega Plush

~ Jordana Best Lash Extreme

All are volumizing and I LOVE THEM!! I use 4 at a time (2 coats of each).

I just recently purchased Eyeko Skinny mascara and I absolutely love it!  The package is actually a tube instead of a bottle so you don't waste any product!

The brush really lengthens and voluminzes your lashes and it absolutely does not move during the day!  Doesn't flake, melt, transfer or fade even after a 12 hour day in the Texas heat! LOL

I highly recommend it!

I love tarte's light camera lashes as well! It really did volumize lashes + it gave them a nice curl which was unexpected!

My number one is Urban Decays SuperCurling Mascara!  This stuff is amazing!

My other is the Buxom Lash and then there's another "fatty" one, but I cant remember the name... I'll have to check when I get home.

Originally Posted by CandyLipstick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm a total mascara JUNKIE! I love the stuff!! Some of my faves are:

~ Rimmel ScandalEyes

~ Loreal Power Volume Collagen

~ Estee Lauder Sumptuous Lash

~ Maybelline Mega Plush

~ Jordana Best Lash Extreme

All are volumizing and I LOVE THEM!! I use 4 at a time (2 coats of each).
4 at the same time? Lol, that's a lot! I've done two, to combine the length+definition, but no more. I want a product to do the work, not me. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

4 at the same time? Lol, that's a lot! I've done two, to combine the length+definition, but no more. I want a product to do the work, not me. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I just love mascara! It's so much fun to me, I don't consider it work to put it on. I think I own...16 mascaras right now (all well under expiration date), I adore it!

Originally Posted by hemigirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just recently purchased Eyeko Skinny mascara and I absolutely love it!  The package is actually a tube instead of a bottle so you don't waste any product!

The brush really lengthens and voluminzes your lashes and it absolutely does not move during the day!  Doesn't flake, melt, transfer or fade even after a 12 hour day in the Texas heat! LOL

I highly recommend it!
That's an interesting packaging. Kryolan still makes their original version in the cake form.

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My number one is Urban Decays SuperCurling Mascara!  This stuff is amazing!

My other is the Buxom Lash and then there's another "fatty" one, but I cant remember the name... I'll have to check when I get home.
So, the mascara I was talking about was Smashbox's Lash DNA, which apparently has been discontinued... I dont know when it was discontinued, but the tube I have is less than a year old.  *sigh* I really liked it too.

Currently, I love Diorshow Exstase and Cargo's Better than Waterproof! Both do a good job of both length and volume for me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And for a cheapie, I actually think Maybelline's Falsies and Falsies Flared are pretty good.

Diorshow is my favorite, but I also have some drug store favs: I love loreal double extend, it is one that uses "tube" technology, and it has a primer on one end and mascara on the other. I think I like this most for the way it comes off lol...kind of stringlike and fun. I also like maybelline the falsies and loreal voluminous false fiber lashes. 

How do you keep the mascara from transferring under your eyes throughout the day?

Originally Posted by Elara /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How do you keep the mascara from transferring under your eyes throughout the day?
Some smudge, some don't. Estee Lauder makes a good one that doesn't smudge for me, Sumptuous

Bold Volume Lifting. 

I also love Clarins Wonder Perfect, and Elizabeth Arden's Ceramide, but they aren't as smudge

proof as the Estee Lauder.

Originally Posted by Elara /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Use a waterproof one, and just apply one gentle coat on the top part of your bottom lashes. (don't coat the entire bottom lashes).

A really neat trick that us Pros use in the film/tv industry that works great to prevent transfer is, we never use mascara on the bottom lashes.

Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Use a waterproof one, and just apply one gentle coat on the top part of your bottom lashes. (don't coat the entire bottom lashes).

A really neat trick that us Pros use in the film/tv industry that works great to prevent transfer is, we never use mascara on the bottom lashes.
I love mascara and don't know that I could forgo an application lol..luckily I'm getting better at picking ones that don't smudge.

Back