"Beauty" pills?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I used to have amazing skin. I'm incredibly obsessive compulsive about it! But after I had my amazing son, it was like a switch was flipped and my skin has gotten TERRIBLE! I keep hearing about these beauty pills that apparently help your skin as well. I'm easily taken in right now, so I need some experience/verdicts! lol

Has anyone tried anything like this? big scam?

Well, sounds like your chemistry changed after giving birth. Are you still using the same skin regimen? Maybe you need to switch up your products and venture into something new. Are you referring to breakouts?

Not so much breakouts (though those are happening more frequently now) but it's just VERY blotchy, uneven, dry...awful.

If I use a primer/toner my skin literally looks like dried clay afterwards. 

Vitamins can help, but they don't just target the skin. Accutane/Retin A can help specific issues. But any "beauty pill" is likely to be a big scam, especially if it is OTC.

I'd really look into switching up your skin regimen, if you haven't already. Sounds like you may have to, especially if your skin is still pretty dry. Maybe just do a gentle cleanser and a few treatments to brighten the skin or use weekly masks/peels to help with cell generation? Even though I regularly moisturize in my routine, I'm just now starting to re apply a little moisturizer, wait a few minutes and then spread my primer on it. Despite the summer weather and sweat, I still get some dry spots and my foundation would look a little cakey after a few hours and using a primer. BTW, your profile pic is nice and you look great in it!

Back