Duckfoot nails - yay or nay?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Check these out:

What do you guys think? I think they are the ugliest things I've ever seen.

Gross! Absolutely not and the second photo looks like candy corn gone bad lol.  I like candy corn and can't insult it...looks like those birdies used in badminton or whatever that game is!

Looks like a bunch of flattened badminton shuttlecocks plastered onto the nails... disastrous :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

4511badminton_shuttlecock.jpg

I hope this trend burns out quickly, just seems silly to me. How do they do everyday things with talons like that.

This is ridiculous! How can you do anything in those? Seriously. Seems like it would hinder just about everything. 

My nails grow naturally into a very slightly flared out shape at the ends and I am constantly "narrowing" them by filing in the sides...for fear that they will look like duck nails.  My worst nightmare!!  Seriously looking at duck nails makes me slightly nauseous  
sick.gif

Bwahahaha funniest nail style I've seen in awhile. No way. I'd be slicing and dicing my way through my day if I had those on. Holy moley!

yeah, my nails, albeit flimsy, tend to grow long, and when they get maybe a 3mm-5mm past the end of my nail, they start to get in the way and I am forced to trim them down.  (If I'm looking at my hands, palm side towards me, I like to see just a tiny sliver of nail past the edge of my fingers)

Also, I rub my eyes a lot either due to dryness or itchiness.  I think I'd poke my eye out if I had those. omg pain just thinking about it.  I don't wear contacts anymore, but omg I can't even imagine how to go about inserting/removing those with duck nails lol

Originally Posted by Beautiijunkii /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Check these out:

What do you guys think? I think they are the ugliest things I've ever seen.
augenreib.gif
wtf.gif
   I've been waiting to find somewhere to stick that one in lol and this fits!

Interesting, isn't it? Crazy the trends people follow. I don't even know how the hell some of these trends start! These nails just scream NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eusa_naughty.gif

It sure does!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

augenreib.gif
wtf.gif
   I've been waiting to find somewhere to stick that one in lol and this fits!

Originally Posted by Beautiijunkii /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Interesting, isn't it? Crazy the trends people follow. I don't even know how the hell some of these trends start! These nails just scream NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eusa_naughty.gif
I'm in the same boat and really don't understand how some trends get momentum...I think some people forget that trends don't always equal good style lol.

I still don't know how the heck did planking manage to become a trend.

Oh my, that's about as weird as it can get! Nails that look like funnels, or flattened tubes! I don't like the idea of calling them duck feet cuz duck feet don't look that bad!! It gives ducks a bad name.
icon_rolleyes.gif

But why??? How does someone even think of doing that? They look like those little slushie scoops attached on the ends of straws you get when you buy icees!

Originally Posted by Marj B /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh my, that's about as weird as it can get! Nails that look like funnels, or flattened tubes! I don't like the idea of calling them duck feet cuz duck feet don't look that bad!! It gives ducks a bad name.
icon_rolleyes.gif
I agree - my pet duck, Nicky, would probably stick her bill up, turn around, and waddle off in disgust if she knew those nails were named after her brethren!
roflmao.gif

this cant be american or canadian ideas.... what country came up with this crazy idea? 

An absolute NAY!! lol

Back