Broken makeup came in Urban Decay Online Order. HELP!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone! So I put in an order to Urban Decay cosmetics last week. The order came in the mail to me yesterday. I ordered quite a few items. Some of them were palettes and some were single eyes shadows. My Black palette came shattered and so did one of my single eye shadows. 

What is the procedure with Urban Decay when you receive broken products? Do they just send you a new one or do you have to return the old product to get the new one? I have ordered from them before and this is the first time that this has happened.

Has anyone had this happen? If so, what was your course of action?

Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think it depends on what time of item it is. I ordered a couple items from them like half a year ago, and one of the lip glosses was deformed. They just shipped me a new one, and I didn't have to return the old one--it probably wouldn't be cost-effective otherwise, for small items like that.

Their customer service is pretty great. When I called, someone picked up immediately--that's like, never ever happened to me lol.

I would send it back, but as far as your single eye shadow... If you want you can easily fix it if you need it ASAP.  Simply make sure all the shadow is in the pan.  Then put it in a zip lock bag sliding it all the way down to the corner.  Take a flat object and crush the eyeshadow into a smooth powder.  Take the rubbing alcohol, (the higher the percentage the quicker it will dry) and dampen the eyeshadow.  Then take something like a quarter and wrap it in a fabric or napkin. Finally, press down firmly onto the eyeshadow and you will see it is compact again. Let it dry and its like new! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hope that helps! xoxo

Arianna
heart.gif

I would definitely contact customer service and let them know that your items arrived shattered. If they're anything like MAC, they'll send out replacement items without any problem. You may or may not have to send the damaged goods back. MAC didn't require that but every company works differently. If they do require you send the stuff back, they should include a package return label with the new stuff. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just had a damaged product and was wondering the same thing! My vice palette shattered and I was so upset they sent me an email back saying not to send a damage product back and they would send me a new one soon. Always make sure you send a photo when emailing them with damaged product. They were very nice and helpful

I'd say contact customer service, explain your situation and see what do they advice :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Point out that you are upset and what not and they might give some sort of compensation cuz of the issue :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have had this happen to me, but it only happens when it is packed improperly. I had a powder foundation break before.

Hello ladies, A simple trick I learned through Cosmo mag is to apply a few drops of alcohol to the damaged product, stir it, and it creates a paste like texture then just re-form it and let it dry overnight :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Should do the trick or just go through the hassle of returning it. Hope this helps! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's a very old trick which DOES work BUT keep in mind not all rubbing alcohol is the same - use a higher percentage (95% or 99%) so it dries faster.

Back