Julep September 2012 boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Someone posted pictures of the September boxes on Julep's Facebook page.  Looks like the non-polish item is

mascara.  I don't see the pictures on Facebook anymore, but I googled and found the blog post - http://www.pinchofpretty.com/?p=918 if anyone wants a sneak peek. 

Yep, I saw that. I'm not really interested in trying that from them. I don't consider them to be a mmakeup company and really just want to feed the polish monster growing inside me lol. While I do enjoy Julep, it's starting to lose some of the wow factor for me. Still, I'm excited to see how box options compare this month! Thank goodness for the skip option, too, because that is a huge plus and reassurance to know I can do that if I'm not over the moon about selections.

I'm so bummed with the choices this month and I really don't care for a mascara from a nail brand :-/ still love Julep and happy for the skip option ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This will be my first regular month/box, so I'll give it a try.  Mine is Boho Glam, which is the brown mascara.  I don't have any brown mascara and have a ton of blacks, so I guess I'll stay with it.  The nail colors are just so so, but I don't think I have anything like either one, so that's okay.

Gonna skip. Not liking any of the colors & not interested in mascara.

I only want hoch and popova and neither of them come together. boooooooo. I might get it girl and add on hoch though because its nice fall colors. My box is free this month though, so there is no way out. Poor me. Or not, lol. 

Damn you, Julep!!  I really need a crappy month so I can skip and save $20 one month, k?

Lol.

How do you know what colors are available for this month? I haven't gotten the email yet.

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How do you know what colors are available for this month? I haven't gotten the email yet.
Click the link in the spoiler : )

oh wow I was thinking about skipping after seeing the mascara but now I want to try Boho Glam or Classic With A Twist!

I love the colors in the Classic with a Twist box, but I'm debating.  

Brandt the "just off black" looks awesome, but I have Butter London's Union Jack Black and Chanel's Black Satin,  Sophie looks so pretty, but I already have Chanel's Frenzy and Nail's Inc's Porchester Square.  Do I really need what looks like another highish end dupe for what I already have? 
But it looks so pretty.  I wish it was possible to get a better idea of the color before I actually get the boxes.  It may be my computer, but they never really look like what I get.  

I wish I at least had an addiction to low end nail polish.  Or maybe cocaine, I think it would be cheaper.  

I wish I at least had an addiction to low end nail polish.  Or maybe cocaine, I think it would be cheaper.  
AHHH HAHAHA!!  This is FUNNY!!  I'm right there with you Demrepic!!

Got an email from Julep asking me to rejoin for September, but after seeing the options Im not gonna do it. No thanks on the mascara, I have way too many of those right now. And the polish colors are just ok.

I've been needing a better mascara, so I figure it's worth a shot, especially since I'm getting the box for free anyway, and none of the It Girl colors appeal to me.

I definitely need a black mascara, so I guess it's between American Beauty and Classic with a Twist for me. I wonder how Hoch compares to Emilie, which I have already. Neither of the Classic with a Twist colors are ones I am likely to wear, though, although they are great fall colors.

Hmmmm. Thank goodness I have a few days to decide!

I think I'm going to skip this month also.  The colors look like some I already own and who knows...they might have a flash sale or promo code later on for the mascara.  I am curious to try it out, but not enough to get a box with it in there.

Originally Posted by Demrepic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hahaha.gif
That made me snort.

I think I'm going to switch my profile to American Beauty for this month. Ironically, that's the profile I cancelled when I had my secondary box cancelled for financial reasons!

The colors are super pretty and I'm excited about the mascara. So far I really like their body products/beauty products a lot.

It's funny, I've only gotten into nail polish in the last couple months... and with the whole glitter/metallic/shimmer trends I actually haven't acquired many plain cremes so I'm actually happy with this month's boxes (though I was kinda wishing for the suedes since I saw them at sephora and like most of them!).
I'm not sure which box I want though...I like one color or two from each box, so it maybe take a bit to choose lol I was hoping some swatches would've already been out there of these which would make the decision easier.. but nope!

As for the mascara, I'm ready to get a new one and had a couple in mind, but I guess I ought to wait and try this one first.

I don't mind Julep expanding their line to more than just nail and foot care (they already have glosses), but I do kinda agree that if they keep going in this direction they should make the effort to keep the monthly boxes just nailcare...

I might skip this month. My usual profile is It Girl, but I'm not that into it. I like the colors better in Bombshell, but I don't want a brown mascara. I have so many unopened tubes of mascara I would rather just get polish. In my August box I got six polishes bc I did three add ons then got four more in my mystery box. I think I've just talked myself into skipping, I'll put the $20 I save towards the Inglot sale or the new Miss Dior that's coming out.

Latest posts

Back