Wantable - new quarterly subscription

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Girls!

I wanted to start a thread on this! My husband was reading the paper this morning and there was an article on a new quarterly beauty box that is launching this month! I couldn't believe that there was a new sub that I hadn't heard anything about and that it was launching so close to home! (Milwaukee, WI) The article mostly talks about all the other stuff the guy who is launching this has done- sounds like this guy (Jalem Getz) in an internet entrepreneur who's previous endevours have had nothing to do with beauty (he created and then sold BuySeasons.com which I guess sells halloween costumes, then made Hopscotch, which was like video internet speed dating, then it says he made Siide.com online job marketplace.)  

According to the article (in today's Milwaukee Journal Sentinel the article written by Kathleen Gallagher) it says it's going to be a quarterly beauty box for $40 bucks with 7 full sized items worth up to  $130 in each box. It will be a profile based box so different people will get different boxes, ie 'Rock Rebel' and 'Top Trend setter'. 

They do not have a website up yet. Only a mobile site for smart phones (which i have not yet checked out) and a facebook page (which has 3k likes) I think it said the mobile site was first launching today and I'm sure if you can signup from that? on the facebook page you can just signup for their newsletter. There is a launch party tomorrow night for free in Milwaukee from 6-8pm for anyone in the area. 

On a post on their facebook page it says they will be launching in mid september and they'll have a fall box. They have pics of stuff on their page from nars, essie, thebalm, etc.. but nothing saying that will for sure be a brand they are working with. They show a box on facebook with 9 items in it- the only brand names i can make out are tarte and spadaro, and 2 beauty for real items, and honesyly it doesn't look like any lotions or creams. 

the pic they posted in the paper has an item from Lorac, one from beauty for real, total of 7 items. 

SO- anyways it looks like we will not see the first actual box for a month and that give people time to sign up if they want to get in on the ground floor of a new sub (we all know how great 'first' boxes can be!) and do more research on this company! 

Interesting. I wonder what the cost will be and if they'll ship locally, as well. I agree, first boxes usually are great to hook people. It's the follow up that's the determining factor, among other things. Thanks for sharing!

Hey Ladies!

Thanks for starting the thread!

We're excited to let you know that Wantable.co is up and running! We are a mobile-only site so far, so we are easy to get to on the go. Visit us at www.wantable.co from your mobile device or ipad-we can't wait to have you!

Also, to answer your questions, we definitely will ship locally, and we work with a variety of brands including some of the ones you've mentioned above!

The Wantable.co Team

Okay guys! I have been doing some research- this looks like mostly makeup, and they show you what you get when you sign up AND you can even choose what colors you want! 

So if you go through the mobile app, it takes you through the profile thing and once you choose a 'type' it shows you what your box will include. I actually was just looking at this post on my phone and saw the link the person from the company posted and went through the steps when it came up, but i didn't take the time to go through the whole thing. It showed my the 7 items i would be getting and then I could choose from 3 different color groups (kind of nice you can choose what color eye shadows you're going to get!) 

Anyways- haven't gone through it all yet but thought i'd share. 

Originally Posted by Wantableco /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey Ladies!

We're excited to let you know that Wantable.co is up and running! We are a mobile-only site so far, so we are easy to get to on the go. Visit us at www.wantable.co from your mobile device or ipad-we can't wait to have you!

Also, to answer your questions, we definitely will ship locally, and we work with a variety of brands including some of the ones you've mentioned above!

The Wantable.co Team

Hi!

Is there a way to sign up or sign in without using Facebook?

Originally Posted by Wantableco /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey Ladies!

The Wantable.co Team
Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi!

Is there a way to sign up or sign in without using Facebook?
I would like to know too.  I really, really would never sign up through Facebook for something, but this box looks fun. 
frown.gif

This sounds amazing!  $40 is kind of steep, but if there are 7 full size products with choice of color, it sounds worth it!    Will there be options to skip boxes?

um i think it says you can go to the site on your computer and give them you're email address and they'll email you when the desktop site launches. I thought it gave you the option on the mobile site to sign in using facebook or just signup using your email but i did it the facebook way and i can't get back to the start screen now. Hmmm :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

i do have an email from them for signing up that lists the help email [email protected] you could try that.

Using Chrome on my iPod I went to the website but it told me the certificate wasn't secure so I didn't proceed to the website so I wasn't able to check it out. Kinda weird a website went mobile before desktop but this sounds interesting, I'd like to see how it goes.

Hey Ladies!

We apologize for the late response, but of course we would love to answer any questions you have!

So as far as signing up without facebook, eventually that will be possible, but for now, we're using facebook to sign up so it's easier on you guys! Just entering your email and password is a lot simpler than entering all your info right away, and we won't post anything on your behalf without your permission.

Jacinta- thanks for the comment! All of our beauty boxes are $40, but are actually valued at $110-$130! We also work with a variety of new and established brands (Lorac, Urban Decay, Make up for Real, Tarte and MyFace Cosmetics to name a few!) so we really think that the boxes are a great value, and all of the products are chosen to work well together for a specific "look." Hope that explains it a bit more!

EmJay- We're really glad you brought that up- it's been a slight glitch, but we're working to get it fixed ASAP. I'll let you guys know when it's all set!

Thanks SO much for your posts! We really love hearing your comments and feedback, and as we're just getting started, it's pretty awesome that our customers are helping us out along the way!

Keep em coming!  

Thanks for letting me know, a few days ago I went through Safari and sign up but thank you for looking into it!

i don't think they've like even officially launched yet. some people have already gotten boxes by ordering through the mobile site, (saw at least one vid on youtube) but they haven't launched their desktop site yet-i think they told me mid sept) and then i think you're supposed to be able to. 

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you can't sub if you don't use facebook? Guess I won't be getting this.
They said that eventually you will be able to sign up without facebook.

Prolly I will wait until it launches their desktop version. I saw the unboxing vid and YT and it is awesome! I hope feel the same when I sign up!

I really should be stopping buying stuff, not signing up for more , but after seeing the YT video, I decided to try it out.  I opted for a different box than the one the girl in the video did, but they all look amazing.  So much of commerce these days is mobile based and signing up with Facebook Connect is the industry standard, so I'm not sure why there is concern about these aspects.

I think they ship within a day or two.  Hope it's as good as I think it will be! 

I love the idea of a makeup-only sub, but I'm bothered by the fact that an Internet entrepreneur can't get a website up. I was going to sign up but when I went to their page using a mobile device (iPad), as directed it just prompts you to facebook. Am I the only person who thinks this is strange, especially considering many sub services have very basic sites?

It doesn't prompt you to FB, just FB connect to authenticate you as a user.

Latest posts

Back