Do you use Derma Rollers?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There is a deal on Groupon for a Derma Roller and Collagen Cream for $29, it was $146. Has anyone here used Derma Rollers before? The needles supposedly can reduce the appearance of wrinkles, scars, large pores, and can smooth uneven skin tones. What do you think about them?

I saw that today at Groupon too but then I checked Amazon and it's the same price as advertised on Groupon lol so I'm not impressed now unless I keep reading more reviews.
rolleyes.gif

its supposed to help products penetrate the skin better but little pins going into my face just does not say 'Yay!' to me.  The words 'ouch' and 'ew' is what comes to mind so pass, pass and pass.  They remind me of a lawn airator.

I have a dermaroller. Bought it almost a year ago. I've used it sparingly...probably not enough to see drastic results. The main reason for that is because it hurts. I'm a tough cookie and figured it wouldn't be so bad but you'll most certainly want to purchase some sort of numbing cream. I have the longest needles you can get so if anything get the smallest. When using it you'll notice redness and it will feel just like a bad sunburn. I'd say it lasts for maybe an hour. I'm now reminded to find a numbing cream again. Drawback is they're expensive. Hope this helps!

I just googled this and might I add my input... OWWWWWWWWWW! Definitely not for me. I recoiled at the picture alone lol.

A friend of mine uses one for scarring on her wrist (yes, for the reason that you think) and it has been very helpful for her.

ME, I'll stick to an ice roller for the face, TYVM...lymphatic drainage will do enough, I think :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It does look painful but from the images on Google that I've seen, it looks like it works. I have acne scarring that I'd like to get rid of. I just don't like the idea of rolling needles across my face. Don't exacting appeal to me. Ya know? lol

I am a Rodan + Fields consultant, so I do not use a derma roller, but instead R+F's AMP MD roller.

That thing is amazing. It is not painful, just feels kind of rough like a cat tongue. My husband uses one (plus the anti-aging line) for his acne scars. Within three days they started to diminish. I am thirty six, and I have the best skin of my life... and it's only been 19 days.

Originally Posted by Beautiijunkii /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It does look painful but from the images on Google that I've seen, it looks like it works. I have acne scarring that I'd like to get rid of. I just don't like the idea of rolling needles across my face. Don't exacting appeal to me. Ya know? lol
dito.gif
   interesting from Googling before/after pics and stuff, but the idea of torturing myself like that with little needles is not appealing at all lol.

Back